Port Everglades Sail-Away Dry Run Practice Today

aliaschief

On October 12 we will start our first of many Holland America Ship Sail-Aways from Port Everglades. First ship of the season will be the MS Statendam.

In order to better prepared for the upcoming season we offer a dry run practice today. The Carnival Freedom at 16:00 and Oasis Of The Seas is scheduled for 17:00.

Join us today if your feeling rusty or just need to see or hear a cruise ship. Practice makes perfect!!!:D

.....and thanks to the gang at Port Everglades Web Cam for providing us with the daily 24 hour coverage.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

May I ask how this will be accomplished on January 10th?

:)

We have to petition Lou and Dave at Port Everglades Web Cam to install a new camera in Valparaiso, Chile! LOL:D It's never hard to find an addicted substitue CC host!

a dry run:D:D You are too funny:) will try to make it - not sure if it's possible or not. I don't know if I want to start the sail a way watching with the behoometh:rolleyes::p

I am happily Present Sir Chief and will be throughout the day!! I am one of the 102 or 62 (depends on which camera you are watching) people on the site right now:)

If you do the test run tomorrow we will try to do it along with fellow CC member dobiemom and her hubby while we are at lunch:) Can you picture the other diners as we all wave to a cell phone or net book:D:D

Joanie

We have to petition Lou and Dave at Port Everglades Web Cam to install a new camera in Valparaiso, Chile! LOL:D It's never hard to find an addicted substitue CC host!

Actually spent some time several weeks ago trying to find webcams for our ports in SA and came up with a few of the cities (somewhere in the city- not port) and a few that showed water- but I'm clueless where they were pointed.

Good morning, Chief, and thanks for the heads up.

With the price of gas getting closer and closer to $5 a gallon, there is no way that I am driving anywhere, so I will most definitely be present for the "dry" run of our fabulous sail aways!

On October 12 we will start our first of many Holland America Ship Sail-Aways from Port Everglades. First ship of the season will be the MS Statendam.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Thanks for the heads up Aliaschief.

We just booked the Statendam two days ago for the 10/12/12 sailing. Unbelievable deal; 14 days to San Diego via the Panama Canal; got an inside guarantee and was assigned today a "K" category for $69/day :D !!!!!

We will do a big wave as we sailaway !!!

I will be here, too. During the "off season", I have been getting my fix by watching the sailings on the Port Canaveral web cam. Since the web cam is located at a restaurant/bar along the channel, often the sailings are accompanied with music coming from the restaurant.

Have watched a number of thunderstorms that roll through the area, as well.

Welcome to pre-season Sail-Away! It's great to be back in Port Everglades.

If this is your first time here are some tips. You need to refresh the camera now and than. Sometimes sound is off and it comes back on right before the ship passes in front of the camera.

We ask that everyone treat each other with respect, there is no such thing as a dumb question and remember that the Port Everglades Web Site has copy rights to all pictures/videos.

So our first Muster Drill of the season is about to commence. So pay attention!!:)

Archived