Cheers - Non Alcoholic Beverages

thesmiths

Can a non drinker get there monies worth if there were to get Cheers instead of Bottomless Bubbles?

Such as Milk Shakes / Frozen Virgin Drinks , Apple, Cranberry, juices etc Diet Sodas, Hot Tea???

Anything else I'm missing.

Basically $477 worth on an 8 day?

I'll would get my monies worth :-) just trying to decide if it is right for my wife...

Or pay as we go.

Thank you,

Depends on how many of the non-alcoholic drinks she would get. My parents-in-law always get the Cheers package. My mother-in-law doesn't drink that much -- a few glasses of wine or champagne each day, but my father-in-law usually hits his limit of 15 and has been known to borrow her card for a few nightcaps! (Tips to the bartender usually allow them to disregard the photo that pops up on their screen.)

In theory, yes....I guess you have to decide how much of each is she going to drink....2 milkshakes, a specialty coffee or 2....3-4 virgin drinks, a few sodas and you are probably getting close to the $55....Now, will she average that everyday or not. She wont drink anything alcoholic? I say that because if you drink 2 or 3 Mimosa's at breakfast, thats like $24 right there. What about you? Do you plan on hitting it hard and coming close to 15 alcoholic drinks a day? If so, it would probably work out for you because you will be blowing way past the $55 break even point daily

Edited by Oh Not Him Again

We look at it as a package deal - because if I am going to drink 3 alcoholic beverages per day and my DH is going to drink 12+ CHEERS will come out ahead vs. paying drink by drink.

So, I would say you need to figure $5 for the non alcoholic and add up how many on average day to get costs...then add that to the number of alcohlic that will be consumed in cost and compare.

We find that CHEERS is not worth it for us, especially on port intensive cruises. We tried it for 3 days out of NY and felt like it was more than we needed, though we sure had fun. On our last cruise on the Fascination, our total bar bill was about $400-500, drinking all that we wanted, on a 7 day cruise, so half of what CHEERS would have run.

Thank you.

My wife will not drink any alcohol at all, (not allowed due to some medicines she is taking).

I am good for 10 drinks a day on vaca.

Mostly all I Drink is Captain And Coke ( How much are these? will help factor cost)

On vaca I may mix in a couple frozen drinks per day And a Bloody Mary on the balcony.

Do you know the price of frozen drinks with alcohol and without alcohol?

Also price of Captain & Cokes?

Thank you,

Thank you.

My wife will not drink any alcohol at all, (not allowed due to some medicines she is taking).

Mostly all I Drink is Captain And Coke ( How much are these? will help factor cost)

On vaca I may mix in a couple frozen drinks per day And a Bloody Mary on the balcony.

Thank you,

I read somewhere you can get a waiver on getting package for both parties if there is a medical reason the passenger cannot consume alcohol. May be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.

Thank you,

The frozen drinks are $9-11 with booze, and like $7 without. Simple mixed drinks like Capt. and Coke are average $8.

I've posted this before. It's a spreadsheet to help you calculate although someone pointed out a formula is missing somewhere but it gives you an idea at least.

That's a really handy spreadsheet! Thank you for this!

May I ask how recent the drink prices are/what year this represents?

I've posted this before. It's a spreadsheet to help you calculate although someone pointed out a formula is missing somewhere but it gives you an idea at least.

Your misisng formula is in cell E3. It should be "=C1*C3" to calculate the cost of the package. Your cost is fixed and does not change if you change the cruise length.

Also, you need to copy and paste the column F formula into cells F161, F162 and F163,

Other then that it works great.

Corrected version attached.

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator.xls

I read somewhere you can get a waiver on getting package for both parties if there is a medical reason the passenger cannot consume alcohol. May be worth looking into.

Negative.

This has been allowed on Royal, but not on Carnival. However, on Royal the non drinker needs to buy their Refreshment package. It’s to bad the Carnival doesn’t offer something like this.

Thank you.

Thank you,

typically 5-6 drinks can make is worth it so if you are good for 10 and she will get non alcoholic stuff, it very well could be worth it.

I think it would be very hard to drink $60 worth of non alcoholic drinks every day for 8 days. I think the majority of people that purchase Cheers for alcoholic drinks don’t get their money’s worth on longer cruises. If they did the cruise lines wouldn’t be selling drink packages. IMO....

I think it would be very hard to drink $60 worth of non alcoholic drinks every day for 8 days. I think the majority of people that purchase Cheers for alcoholic drinks don’t get their money’s worth on longer cruises. If they did the cruise lines wouldn’t be selling drink packages. IMO....
I agree. It’s a business, they’re not going to sell this package if it doesn’t make them money. Even when people calculate their costs and figure that it’s going to be worth it “to them,” in all likelihood, Carnival is still profiting. People use the cost of individual drinks to decide if Cheers is worth it, but those drinks are marked up considerably to begin with, so Carnival will make money. I think a lot of people, and many have said it here, buy it for the convenience and to not worry about what the final bill will be.

Really? Say 6-8 bottles of water. 3 bucks a pop that's about 20 bucks

3-4 sodas say 10 bucks

2-3 Powerade say 12 bucks

Milk shake 4 bucks

Say a specialty coffee or 2 say 6 bucks

Few frozen non/alcoholic drinks 15 bucks.

More than worth it.

I can tell you from experience. If you have a documented illness and the doctor gives you a note both parties do not have to purchase the Cheers package. You do have to wait to purchase till you board and have to purchase your package with the guest service manager (which is a pain) They also did verify the letter during the cruise. Obviously, it is at there discretion but, I just used a note on my last Dream cruise in 2017. It can be done for those who truly aren't trying to play the system.

Really? Say 6-8 bottles of water. 3 bucks a pop that's about 20 bucks

3-4 sodas say 10 bucks

2-3 Powerade say 12 bucks

Milk shake 4 bucks

Say a specialty coffee or 2 say 6 bucks

Few frozen non/alcoholic drinks 15 bucks.

More than worth it.

8 bottles of water, 4 sodas, and 3 Powerades? All in one day? That’s around 1.5 to 2 gallons of liquids. I don’t think I would ever leave the bathroom drinking that much a day.

Plus you are counting $20 a day for all that water. For $20 they can pre purchase 5 12 packs and have enough for the whole cruise.

That's a really handy spreadsheet! Thank you for this!

May I ask how recent the drink prices are/what year this represents?

It's since August of 2017 when we did our last cruise so it should be exact or at least close. I borrowed it from here but try to share with others since it's so helpful.

Your misisng formula is in cell E3. It should be "=C1*C3" to calculate the cost of the package. Your cost is fixed and does not change if you change the cruise length.

Also, you need to copy and paste the column F formula into cells F161, F162 and F163,

Other then that it works great.

Corrected version attached.

Thanks ParrotRob for fixing this! Really appreciate it.

I noticed that the original version I posted was from Jan 2018. I was thinking I had this before my last cruise but I actually found it after according to the date.