coffee card update

No decaf in the lounges? Interesting, I honestly cannot remember the machines on Oasis. I do remember the machines on Adventure and Jewel, and they both had a decaf option. Now, it was not intuitive how to choose decaf, we had to ask the Concierge and he showed us the buttons to press to select decaf.

Yep, no decaf in the machines. I have complained every time I'm on the ship. I have to get a cup of decaf in the CK and take it over to the machine and put some of the milk foam on it and pretend it's a cappuccino. They don't even keep a decanter for decaf next to the machine which they do in the DL. A few weeks ago I was scrounging for decaf in the SL again and the head chef was in the SL checking the buffet offerings. I again complained about the lack of decaf coffee and he seemed surprised. I told him this was the only ship I know of that doesn't have the decaf option on the machine and I wish he would look into changing that. Still no decaf..:mad:

Can they be used in Starbucks on the ships that have a Starbucks?

The cannot be used at licensed Starbucks venues, which currently are in all Oasis class ships, and may be coming to Mariner.

Yep, no decaf in the machines. I have complained every time I'm on the ship. I have to get a cup of decaf in the CK and take it over to the machine and put some of the milk foam on it and pretend it's a cappuccino. They don't even keep a decanter for decaf next to the machine which they do in the DL. A few weeks ago I was scrounging for decaf in the SL again and the head chef was in the SL checking the buffet offerings. I again complained about the lack of decaf coffee and he seemed surprised. I told him this was the only ship I know of that doesn't have the decaf option on the machine and I wish he would look into changing that. Still no decaf..:mad:

What machines? Are you talking about plain brewed coffee?

Clear sign on Navigator states 2 shots of coffee = 2 punches of the coffee card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just makes no financial sense to buy a card when they are punching for each shot.

It just makes no financial sense to buy a card when they are punching for each shot.

Exactly! That means that a two-shot Grande beverage would cost about $4, not much of a "discount" from the posted prices at all. And, that goes against what the web site says when you buy it: 1 punch per espresso drink. And really, the coffee's the cheapest part of the latte, no idea why they'd be doing this.

• 4 weeks later...

I've used it on subsequent cruises without a problem. The only problem I had was on one ship they charged a punch for each shot that came in the drink. They clearly cannot do anything about that on board, so I allowed them to punch the card, and when I ran out of punches, purchased my drink up to the 15 drink amount the website promises. When I got home, I called corporate and provided them with the information, and they refunded the coffees that I purchased back to my card. They apologized and said each ship has their own rules, and I replied "that is ridiculous, does a different company own each ship?" Silence...... LOL. Anyway, I pointed out with a little math that getting a medium specialty coffee drink, which is a normal size, would be cheaper to buy vs using two punches for each drink. Again... Silence. Regardless, they refunded my card and as long as the website that I purchase it from continues to say "any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees" I will continue to use it the way I stated above, any time that buy it.

The coffee card isn't available on our Cruise Planner for our 3/23/19 cruise on Independence. Is it possible that it will be offered on board only? Well, I know ANYTHING is possible with RCI ;p, but in general, can I still expect to see it offered on board?

Terri

The coffee card isn't available on our Cruise Planner for our 3/23/19 cruise on Independence. Is it possible that it will be offered on board only? Well, I know ANYTHING is possible with RCI ;p, but in general, can I still expect to see it offered on board?

Terri

I've seen it advertised on board at the speciaty coffee venues.

• 1 month later...

I used the punch card on LOS in February and it was one punch for whatever drink I ordered - regardless of the number of shots I asked for. I'll buy it again if offered on Anthem next year - $2 for a specialty drink is a steal even if you're not on a ship!

We had it on Anthem last year and used at Starbucks and it was any size for one punch.

So is there a Starbucks on Anthem and can the card be used there ? It’s a bit confusing that it can be used in some ships Starbucks but not others

Has anyone used on Symphony? Wondering how they are punching the card.

We had it on Anthem last year and used at Starbucks and it was any size for one punch.

Price for coffee card on Symphony in my planner is $39.68 for 15 coffees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...