Inside Cabin- help me make it comfortable

apkpcruisers

I booked a 7 night Mexican Riviera for really really cheap, but its a mid ship inside cabin. This will be out 8th cruise, the last inside we had was our first 23 years ago. I keep reminding myself we are in the inside because it was so cheap and the only reason we booked the cruise. But I am now getting nervous that it will be too dark and feel too small. Any advice on how to not feel like I am living in a cave for 7 days would be helpful. :eek:

I booked a 7 night Mexican Riviera for really really cheap, but its a mid ship inside cabin. This will be out 8th cruise, the last inside we had was our first 23 years ago. I keep reminding myself we are in the inside because it was so cheap and the only reason we booked the cruise. But I am now getting nervous that it will be too dark and feel too small. Any advice on how to not feel like I am living in a cave for 7 days would be helpful. :eek:

Most rooms have a TV, with a bridge view camera on one channel. If you leave that on, it's like a porthole. For the most part, you won't be in your room that much, except to shower and sleep.

We have cruised in all types of cabins. Inside cabins are fine. As Shmoo said, you aren't in your cabin much. Our last cruise was 19 days in an inside cabin that was actually bigger than most balcony cabins. Just be positive and enjoy the cruise.

As Schmoo said, leave on the tv. Also, you can get a nightlight and that ought to help. Maybe a white noise machine with ocean wave sound. These things helped my hubby in the past before he started refusing interior cabins completely. Myself, I like them. Can't be too dark for me when I'm sleeping.

Just got back from on 7 day on Emerald Princess with an inside cabin. This was our first and was not all that bad. We did leave the bathroom light on the first night with the door partially shut but decided there was enough ambient light from around the door as well as the light on the TV so left it off for the rest of the cruise. And as others have said, you will not be in the cabin all that much. Have to be honest, we did miss the balcony, but found places on the ship to hang out and read and such.

We bring a couple of battery-operated candles (or tea lights) that provide a nice amount of light and a bit of safety if getting up at night. One on the coffee table, one in bathroom. Also, an over-the-door plastic shoe holder can serve as a catch all, to organize miscellaneous items. And place your luggage out of the way, under the bed. Enjoy your cruise! :)

As others have said ... let the TV be your window.

This suggestion will probably not be something you want to do BUT having the bed in a twin configuration makes the cabin feel larger with more walking space.

We booked our girls in inside cabins and the twin configuration did make the cabin seem so much larger.

You'll be able to deal with it. Just look forward to enjoying your cruise. :)

LuLu

Most rooms have a TV, with a bridge view camera on one channel. If you leave that on, it's like a porthole. For the most part, you won't be in your room that much, except to shower and sleep.

We prefer a lido pool view.

The inside cabins I've had have had curtains on the inside wall, with diffuse lighting behind them, so it kind of looks like curtains over a window. Maybe your cabin will have something like that. Otherwise I like the nightlight idea and keeping everything stowed away so the cabin isn't cluttered. Have a great trip!

How is this making an inside less like a cave?:confused:people

OP, like others said, "let there be light".:)

Lido pool view on the TV Then I'll know what to wear by seeing others walk by.

We had an inside cabin for 26 nights on the Star that was only 142 sq feet.

As others have suggested we used the bridge cam channel on the tv as a nightlight and to be able to tell when it was daylight.

We did not do anything else to make the cabin comfortable. We left the bed in queensize configuration.

Since there are plenty of public spaces aboard ship we spent very little time in our cabin even though 14 of those days were transatlantic so were sea days.

The much cheaper price for the cabin made it all worthwhile.

We prefer a lido pool view.

I knew you meant that channel (on some ships, the bridge cam gets switched to the pool view at night).

We have always booked insides or OVs. We will put the cam channel on at night and also leave the light on in the bathroom with the door ajar.

We've been in inside cabins and really enjoyed them. We always bring small flashlights (one for each side of the bed), in case you have to get up in the night and don't want to disturb your partner. Something else we've discovered that works really well is to bring along a tube of glow bracelets. Snap one and place it on the counter in the bathroom; it gives off a surprising amount of light and lasts all night long.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

It sounds like you need an ocean view. Your post suggests you don't think you'll do well in an inside cabin.