Taking wine & food back to stateroom

aprilfool01

we have a balcony stateroom and like a wine and snack on our balcony.

Can we take back from bar and buffet in the evening. Also,is process of on ultimate beverage package? Thank you

I

Yes, you can take stuff from the bar and buffet back to your cabin. Not sure what you are asking in your last sentence.

I would tell the bartender it was to go back to the room and he would fill the wine glass.

We do bring one dollar bills for tipping, not sure if that mattered.

Also our platinum bottles of wine we would bring back to the room.

Nothing at all to do with tipping. You can take your drink with you no problem at all. I often just stop off at a bar I'm passing to pick one up to take with me, whether it's back to the room or to a restaurant (saves having to wait for the restaurant staff to bring one).

I've seen people bring plastic containers with them to the buffet and take food where ever it was they were going. I plan on taking a few myself so I can bring fruit or cheese back to the cabin. Now that there is a room service charge it's wise to get your evening snacks there unless you want to pay that charge. We pay enough for the cruise so I feel justified.

Does the cruise line have a policy on this? Just wondering. I know on the POA they were pretty strict on even refilling your water bottle. You had to use a clean glass to fill the bottle.

Yes. There are signs on all of the water dispensers. Use a clean cup to take water from the dispenser and fill your water bottle. DO NOT put your germ-ridden water bottle up to the dispenser.

Nothing at all to do with tipping. You can take your drink with you no problem at all. I often just stop off at a bar I'm passing to pick one up to take with me, whether it's back to the room or to a restaurant (saves having to wait for the restaurant staff to bring one).

My point was getting a full glass, basically a double. . . . But I agree with bringing a drink in with me to a restaurant.

NCL did away with food trays quite awhile ago. But if you manage to find one at a thrift store clean it up a bit

and slip it into your luggage and take it with you to use.

Great for loading up more than one plate of serving to take easily back to your cabin with drinks to boot.

Don't leave it out in passage way the cabin attendants will take it away. Clean it up a bit and reuse.

I got a McDonalds tray and it's size is perfect for buffet dinner; salad appetizers and desert with drinks for 2 !

Only obstacle is opening the cabin door doing a balancing act which I have yet to master with aplomb ! LOL !

NCL did away with food trays quite awhile ago. But if you manage to find one at a thrift store clean it up a bit

and slip it into your luggage and take it with you to use.

Great for loading up more than one plate of serving to take easily back to your cabin with drinks to boot.

Don't leave it out in passage way the cabin attendants will take it away. Clean it up a bit and reuse.

I got a McDonalds tray and it's size is perfect for buffet dinner; salad appetizers and desert with drinks for 2 !

Only obstacle is opening the cabin door doing a balancing act which I have yet to master with aplomb ! LOL !

Please don't leave anything/obstacles in the passage way.

If you must eat in your cabin, leave your garbage plates inside your cabin.

The cabin attendant will take it away.

Please don't leave anything/obstacles in the passage way.

If you must eat in your cabin, leave your garbage plates inside your cabin.

The cabin attendant will take it away.

I'd ask the steward what the procedure is on your ship. I don't know if it has changed since the Del Rio/carry out ban fiasco, but at one time and maybe still, you were asked to place the dishes in the hall, or the steward did it for you, for pickup by the room service staff.

We often take a plate back from the buffet because we like having snacks in the room - cheese/crackers, pastries, fruit, things like that. Not a problem; but agree, simply leave the plates in your room. Room steward does the room twice a day and will take the plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We often take a plate back from the buffet because we like having snacks in the room - cheese/crackers, pastries, fruit, things like that. Not a problem; but agree, simply leave the plates in your room. Room steward does the room twice a day and will take the plates.

But what if the dirty dishes are in my way? I have the right to throw them out into the hallway. I paid for this cruise!!!!1!

I'd make a terrible room steward. I'd be sorely tempted to toss all those random dishes and utensils in the trash since there's no paper trail tying them to my station. I know that's bad, but what a pain trying to get everything back to the right place again.

Ps. I'm not sure how ones obtains a tray from McDonald's? Sticky fingers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Del Rio was on the business news last year and was asked about allowing food back in the cabins. He explained that the dishes/trays in the hallways was unnerving and he hated the look. He never said a word about the uprising of the passengers, but his way of explaining. He said he was relenting to allow food back to the cabins and the staff would make more sweeps of the walkways and decks.

I have no problem placing my drink or water on the dining table when I sit down. If the waiter notices that it is nearing empty, he asks if I might desire a refill.

I do miss the trays in the buffet. It was much easier than trying to balance everything.