Question about Equinox storage? Closet - Hangers - Drawers?

GetMeToTheSpa

I don't think there is a blanket answer for how many hangers.

We have found 20, 30 and 40 hangers. If you need more just ask you room steward.

We bring folding cloth cubes for the overheads. It makes for more storage and they keep everything organized.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've read storage isn't so great..

Does anyone know how many hangers are provided in the closet?

How many drawers are available?

This is for the Equinox balcony cabins. Thank you!!

The drawer space is minimal in the S class ships. There are 4 or five as I recall. The night stands don't have drawers, but have open shelves. There's a lot of storage in the bathroom, shelving, drawers and cabinets and 1 small drawer in the desk. Above the bed there's a tilt up cabinet. That provides a lot of storage but is a bit awkward to access. We've solved this by purchasing (at the Dollar Store) 4 foldable fabric storage bins that measure 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 11" for each side (8 in all). They're light weight and fold flat in your suitcase. We use them to store underwear, socks, shirts, bathing suits, etc. You can easily take down the one you need without everything falling down on your head. We won't cruise on an S class ship without them.

Also, on the S class ships there's no pull across clothesline to hang wet bathing suits like there is on M class ships. We purchased some strong magnetic hooks on Amazon (set of 4) We hand two on the side wall of the shower and pack a piece of twine that we string between them. Works perfectly for hanging those wet suits or hand wash items to dry.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

I've read storage isn't so great..

Does anyone know how many hangers are provided in the closet?

How many drawers are available?

This is for the Equinox balcony cabins. Thank you!!

We did a B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April 2018. No issue with storage for the two of us. Whether it was drawer space or closet space. Plenty of room also over the over the bed storage areas. We asked for extra hangers the first day when we first met our cabin steward. He brought them immediately. We are over packers.

We bring folding cloth cubes for the overheads. It makes for more storage and they keep everything organized.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We've solved this by purchasing (at the Dollar Store) 4 foldable fabric storage bins that measure 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 11" for each side (8 in all). They're light weight and fold flat in your suitcase.

We do the same. Helps a lot!!!

https://www.dollartree.com/Essentials-Tan-Collapsible-Storage-Containers-with-Handles/p368371/index.pro

Mike

We find the storage on the Equinox to be ample. We also bring 2 cubes for the bins above the bed. We take all the stuff the ship puts in the cabin that we don’t use (keyboard, robes, magnifying mirror, marketing magazines, blue binder, binoculars) and put it in 1 overhead bin and use the other bin for the cubes.

We seem never to need more storage space. We do pack light with no formal wear. If you have the right suitcase you can open it up and put in under the bed. All you need to do is slide the suitcase out to get your items and slide it back under.

I'm an over packer, but the two of us manage without storage cubes. First, there are never enough hangers so we ask the steward for more. Second, we unpack half our clothes and leave the remainder of our clothes in the suitcases, which slide under the bed. Third, I bring large freezer ziplock bags, taking them out of the box and laying them between clothes cuts down one wrinkles. I use the bags for dirty clothes. Halfway through the cruise, I pull the suitcases out remove the remainder of the clean clothes and put the full ziplock bags into the suitcases. Fourth, I use the nightstand shelves for bathing suits, cover ups, night clothes. There are also some narrow shelves next to the tv that are great for storing spray bottles of mosquito repellent, hair spray, sunscreen. We don't use the cupboards above the bed.

The bathroom storage space is amazing, lots of cupboards and some drawers. The only items that I need to hang to dry are swimsuits. I use the hangers from the closet with the clips (for pants) to hang them in the shower, or on the knobs that are on the bathroom door and bedroom wall.

Edited by Marelaine