luggage

debman17

when we check our luggage, the crew places them at the door to our cabin. is it ok for those who carry on their own luggage to immediately bring it to their cabin door and leave it there?

Depends on the cruise line. On some lines the passenger rooms are available as soon as boarding begins. Others, they're still cleaning the passenger rooms, and rooms won't be available until around 1:30-2:00.

What cruise line are you asking about?

some lines have the passageway door closed so you cannot get into the hallways

I would ask on the Carnival forum

I would not leave any valuables in a case you are leaving in the hall

carnival. i don't want to actually go into the cabin. i just want to know if i can leave my bags at the door and be on my way.

From what I've read here on CC ... bags are put INTO your cabin. I would not leave my bags unattended in the hall. No matter what line I was sailing. Too easy for theft.

I have been only travelling with carry on luggage for years now. Too cumbersome to check luggage.

From what I've read here on CC ... bags are put INTO your cabin. I would not leave my bags unattended in the hall. No matter what line I was sailing. Too easy for theft.

I have been only travelling with carry on luggage for years now. Too cumbersome to check luggage.

I can't recall how it was handled on Carnival, but on Princess and Disney, at least, they leave the bags outside the door.

carnival. i don't want to actually go into the cabin. i just want to know if i can leave my bags at the door and be on my way.

You are not permitted to enter the hallways until the rooms are ready unless you have priority room access. Please do not take your bags and leave them outside of your door. These get in the way of the room stewards who are trying to get them rooms cleaned so that they can be opened up to everyone. Doing so slows down the process and makes everyone wait longer to get to their rooms.

I can't recall how it was handled on Carnival, but on Princess and Disney, at least, they leave the bags outside the door.

On Royal Caribbean your bags are left outside your door in the hallway as well, I have been on 2 Carnival cruises years ago and if my memory serves me they follow the same protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

when we check our luggage, the crew places them at the door to our cabin. is it ok for those who carry on their own luggage to immediately bring it to their cabin door and leave it there?

On some cruise lines, the cabins are ready when you board. On those, you can go directly there and drop off your carry ons. On other lines, the cabins are not ready until 1 or 2 pm. On those you must keep your carry on with you.

I have never been on a cruise where bags are put inside the cabin.

The only exception is a steward knocking with our bags as he mist have heard we were inside. This was Celebrity.

All 3 Carnival cruises have locked the corridor doors until 1 or later. You may have to wheel it around for a bit or board later.

OK I'll ask the question. Why are you carrying any bag? We have always bring ONE change of clothes, medicines, any paper work, jewelry and electronics. In other words were carrying everything of importance. If I can't secure this property, it stays with me until cabin is ready.

Not the OP, but they are only bringing a carry on. They want to know if they can leave it outside their cabin door if the room is not unlocked. That is how I read it. I agree, my small under the seat carry on will stay with me until I can enter my cabin.

If you don't want to carry your luggage around when you board, you have two options....you can check your bag and save yourself from hauling it around or just buy the Faster to the Fun package for Carnival and your cabin will be ready when you board.

On our last Azamara cruise, we could check our carry on stuff when we boarded the ship. It was then delivered to our cabin with the rest of our luggage. Neat!!!

As an aside, everyone seems to be scared stiff of having the cruise ship staff leaving luggage outside of their cabins when they arrive on the ship or leaving luggage outside of the cabin when they disembark. We never worry about it at either end.

Let's take an informal poll. How many people have had luggage tampered w either at the start or end of the cruise? We never have had it happen.

DON

On Carnival which the OP is sailing on, unless you are Diamond or Platinum loyalty status, or have purchased FTTF, you are not allowed in the cabin hallways until that announcement is made; usually 1:30PM, but I've seen it earlier and later as well.

Checked luggage will be left outside your cabin door. On my last 2 Carnival cruises, I have found someone else's luggage outside my cabin. Made me glad that I bring everything I need for a week or longer cruise that I roll on board myself.

If you have a carry on and go to the buffet or BBQ for lunch, just place it on a chair within eyesight as you select your food. Or ask one of the staff to watch it for you. Depending on your check in time, you may not have to wait very long for an all clear cabin access to be made.

If you don't want to carry your luggage around when you board, you have two options....you can check your bag and save yourself from hauling it around or just buy the Faster to the Fun package for Carnival and your cabin will be ready when you board.

Three options. #3: board later when the rooms are open for use.

We only travel with carry on. If we board earlier in the day we will typically go up to the top with our bag and sit by the pool. If it is cool then some indoor area. We don't bother with the buffet either. Much too crowded so we prefer to wait.

As others have said, when we have boarded early the cabin areas have been blocked off so that the staff have free passage to complete their work.

It really is not a big issue.