Brief Review Silhouette 2/18-25

keesar

Just returned from a truly enjoyable cruise aboard the Silhouette. We were in Aqua Class. We were a little concerned with some of the posts but rest assured, Silhouette was fantastic. There will always be complainers and we had a small number of them onboard. Here is a brief summary.

Embarking

Painless and was on the ship around 11 am. Luggage arrived at 2 and at 4 pm. When muster drill was over, the ship departed at around 4 pm and the house band played.

Food

The food was excellent. We loved how they have arranged the stations in the OceanView by Indian, Mexican, etc. One evening, they had Greek Night and the food was over the top. The Spa Club Cafe by the pool had fresh, healthy alternative. Murano was outstanding in both service and food. Ate there twice for dinner and one lunch. Half of the menu in Blu is specialty drinks. Fewer food choices we thought. Service was attentive. Dinner food was very good but the breakfasts were excellent.

Entertainment

On a sea day, afternoon, they brought back the Broadway Musical review type of show. It was fantastic. We enjoyed it better than the 3 evening production shows. The house band, Dancing Town, was superb. Great variety of songs. A highlight was a solo performance by Chiko, who had been in a former band from the Philippines which had played for Celebrity. He is now in Activities and does this solo on the side. Just awesome. Fantastic and a gotta go if he is singing.

Activities

The Activities Staff is up to a staff of 4 and they were excellent. We had two dance/exercise classes by the pool on sea days and others by the Atrium. Free. Trivia was at the same time every day. 4 trivias daily.

Pets

This was our first recent Celebrity cruise in which we did not have any dogs on board. There is a sign by the pool:

No assistance animals or pets allowed in the pool.

No comment.

Leaving the Ship

There was a delay and the guests with independent arrangements (walk offs) were called at 7:50 and the first numbers at 8:15. Being Elite, we were assigned to the MDR with the Captain Club Hostess. When our numbers were called, we were brought to the front of the line by the hostess. She even helped out with luggage! Nice of her. Breezed through Immigration which is unusual for us in Fort Lauderdale.

I was also on this cruise and concur with almost everything Keesar said. The musicians in the house band were good. The female vocalist, I thought, was a shrieker. It didn’t matter whether the band was indoors or outdoors, she was hard to understand because she was working it too much. Just my opinion.

I also saw Tenors of Rock and Uptown, who sing Motown. They were both great and highly recommend seeing them.

The ship was immaculate and every day, I saw crew cleaning glass, shining chrome, vacuuming. My encounters with all levels of staff were pleasant. Staff spoke to you enthusiastically and seemed genuinely happy.

I

I also saw Tenors of Rock and Uptown, who sing Motown. They were both great and highly recommend seeing them.

The ship was immaculate and every day, I saw crew cleaning glass, shining chrome, vacuuming. My encounters with all levels of staff were pleasant. Staff spoke to you enthusiastically and seemed genuinely happy.

The Tenors or Rock and Uptown were very entertaining. You can tell professionals who truly love their job.

The ship was very clean. I could not believe when I saw a crew member cleaning the wooden walls on Deck 5 with a big roller brush.

A downside is the crazy traffic in the Port. I don't know how those cabbies and van drivers do it day after day. They truly deserve generous gratuities.

Just returned from a truly enjoyable cruise aboard the Silhouette. We were in Aqua Class. We were a little concerned with some of the posts but rest assured, Silhouette was fantastic. There will always be complainers and we had a small number of them onboard. Here is a brief summary.

Embarking

Painless and was on the ship around 11 am. Luggage arrived at 2 and at 4 pm. When muster drill was over, the ship departed at around 4 pm and the house band played.

Food

The food was excellent. We loved how they have arranged the stations in the OceanView by Indian, Mexican, etc. One evening, they had Greek Night and the food was over the top. The Spa Club Cafe by the pool had fresh, healthy alternative. Murano was outstanding in both service and food. Ate there twice for dinner and one lunch. Half of the menu in Blu is specialty drinks. Fewer food choices we thought. Service was attentive. Dinner food was very good but the breakfasts were excellent.

Entertainment

On a sea day, afternoon, they brought back the Broadway Musical review type of show. It was fantastic. We enjoyed it better than the 3 evening production shows. The house band, Dancing Town, was superb. Great variety of songs. A highlight was a solo performance by Chiko, who had been in a former band from the Philippines which had played for Celebrity. He is now in Activities and does this solo on the side. Just awesome. Fantastic and a gotta go if he is singing.

Activities

The Activities Staff is up to a staff of 4 and they were excellent. We had two dance/exercise classes by the pool on sea days and others by the Atrium. Free. Trivia was at the same time every day. 4 trivias daily.

Pets

This was our first recent Celebrity cruise in which we did not have any dogs on board. There is a sign by the pool:

No assistance animals or pets allowed in the pool.

No comment.

Leaving the Ship

There was a delay and the guests with independent arrangements (walk offs) were called at 7:50 and the first numbers at 8:15. Being Elite, we were assigned to the MDR with the Captain Club Hostess. When our numbers were called, we were brought to the front of the line by the hostess. She even helped out with luggage! Nice of her. Breezed through Immigration which is unusual for us in Fort Lauderdale.

Glad you are enjoyed Silhouette and shared your helpful comments.

To clarify...as E or E plusm we can wait in the lounge and walk off but only when group is called? We generally stand in line for early walk off..,would be nice to have a seat!

I was also on this cruise and concur with almost everything Keesar said. The musicians in the house band were good. The female vocalist, I thought, was a shrieker. It didn’t matter whether the band was indoors or outdoors, she was hard to understand because she was working it too much. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your informative post! I appreciate it. We’ll definitely avoid the vocalist if our hair stands on end lol. The shows sound great. Your description of the cleaning matches what we saw on Silhouette in 2013. She’s a lovely ship, so I’m happy to hear they’re taking care of her.

Did you happen to dine in MDR? If so, were you happy with the food and service?

We sailed this cruise

Embarkation--were shocked that Concierge Lunch had been ongoing since 11:30am and would be over at 1. It was 12:30pm

Room was fine-- had to ask for CC sparkling wine

Did Sail away at Sky Lounge after Muster (Tuscan Grill).. met some nice folks--many who sail often

Meals--we had dinner in MDR on the first night (Sun) with a table of 8) and on Fri (table for 2)--other than that we skipped MDR.

Other dinners were in Specialty Dining-- Our reg fav is Murano.. though Lawn Grill and Tuscan Grill were fun with new friends. With the demise of UDP we wonder about the future and quality of MDR

We felt MDR was pretty mediocre

CC Helo Pad crew meet - greet at a port sail away underwhelming.

No Cruise Critic official meet up info in our cabin so if there was one--we never heard about it

CC "gift" was MIA and then sub-par compared to 2 yrs ago when it arrived after asking about it.

Entertainment shows in the theater were bad-- though the second comedian was fun and fresh without having to be profane

... and the "Life" show was nice.

The Pearl show was terrible

Jazz Trio/quad was Outstanding...

We went to self-portage and skipped the private CC lounge at Tuscan. The line was long and we were in line at 7:30 but they didn't have the line moving til after 8am.

We wondered if being in CC would have been faster than self-portage.

Glad you are enjoyed Silhouette and shared your helpful comments.

To clarify...as E or E plusm we can wait in the lounge and walk off but only when group is called? We generally stand in line for early walk off..,would be nice to have a seat!

Being Elite, we were invited to the 4th floor of the MDR. Exit was on the 5th. When they called numbers -starting at 11-, the Hostess would take you upstairs to the front of the line. She would get advance notice of which numbers would be called in a few minutes. So when the announcement was for 20-25 for example, she would call for up to 30.

Also, this could be important. We left from Pier 29 and returned to Pier 26.

Thank you for all of your kind words. This was our third sailing on Silhouette and it continues to be our favorite. The crew just seems to have special pride in their ship. I do not understand some of the negative comments. So please "Don't worry".

A couple of points that could be important. Our itinerary said we were departing at 4:30 pm but we left at 4:00. Also, our departure was at Pier 29 and return was to 26. That could affect your pick-up.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for all of your kind words. This was our third sailing on Silhouette and it continues to be our favorite. The crew just seems to have special pride in their ship. I do not understand some of the negative comments. So please "Don't worry".

A couple of points that could be important. Our itinerary said we were departing at 4:30 pm but we left at 4:00. Also, our departure was at Pier 29 and return was to 26. That could affect your pick-up.

I would have to concur with you. We were on that same sailing and there was very litte to be negative about. It was our 11th sailing with Celebrity and was one of our best. We enjoyed it so much we booked next year in the Southern Caribbean ABC islands.

I would have to concur with you. We were on that same sailing and there was very litte to be negative about. It was our 11th sailing with Celebrity and was one of our best. We enjoyed it so much we booked next year in the Southern Caribbean ABC islands.

The only issue we had was the room attendant. We had to ask for many items that normally were provided. He just seemed confused. Thank goodness we had been regulars in Aqua and knew what items were included. Not up to Celebrity standards....

The cruise itself was fantastic.

The only issue we had was the room attendant. We had to ask for many items that normally were provided. He just seemed confused. Thank goodness we had been regulars in Aqua and knew what items were included. Not up to Celebrity standards....

The cruise itself was fantastic.

What items were missing and you had to ask for? We are sailing April 1st and I want to be prepared

What items were missing and you had to ask for? We are sailing April 1st and I want to be prepared

We had to ask for another set of shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel. Usually there is an additional set by the vanity. Had to ask for a shower cap and facecloths. On the towel bars, there was a bath towel and one small towel. Used to be 3 towels on each bar. We had to ask for a knife for the appetizers and a change of plate. The same one was left there with a new napkin on top. (Could not believe that one!). No pen. No ice or ice bucket in the room. Needed to ask attendant to check on laundry even though it had been sent to be laundered mid-cruise well before the deadline.

I think attendants need to have a check list of what to include in a room. He was lucky I had prepaid tips.

To the OP. Appears as if you really enjoyed your cruise. You mentioned that you have Elite status so you have cruised before.

Is there anyhing that really stood out that made it more enjoyable than your other cruises?

Things that weren’t as good?

Things that changed that you really missed?

Anything that changed that made it better?

We have sailed in AQ many times and lately we have also had attendants that were very lax or new and we had to inform or ask for many items that we knew were included. I agree about the check lists.

Thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🌅🇺🇸🌅

To the OP. Appears as if you really enjoyed your cruise. You mentioned that you have Elite status so you have cruised before.

Is there anyhing that really stood out that made it more enjoyable than your other cruises?

The fellow cruisers were very friendly and few chair hogs.

Food was outstanding both at the buffet. Aqua and Murano.

No lines at the Guest Relations.

Greek night at the buffet featured outstanding food.

Things that weren’t as good?

Some individuals at Trivia were extremely intense.

Our stateroom attendant was not up to standards as we had in the past.

Things that changed that you really missed?

Still no daily bottled water in Aqua Class.

Had to ask for additional toiletries, reminders to return laundry, clean knife and plate in the room with appetizers, etc.

Still miss the old style production shows.

Anything that changed that made it better?

During a sea day, they offered a Broadway Review production show which was outstanding.

Bands and music were very talented.

We liked how the food stations were re-designed at the buffet.

Pool butlers were quick to remove towels.

We have sailed in AQ many times and lately we have also had attendants that were very lax or new and we had to inform or ask for many items that we knew were included. I agree about the check lists.

Thanks

Happy cruising

Be aware that the food in MDR is not the same quality. So when reading reviews, check out if it is by someone in a suite or aqua. Celebrity is a very class oriented cruise line. Reviews need to reflect that. It will be even more so on the Edge.