Non-Haven Guests can now Dine with Haven Guests for $25

crusinmama06

Effective Sunday, September 18th, guests staying in The Haven can invite non-Haven guests to join them in The Haven Restaurant for a fee of $25 per person. This fee will also grant guests access to The Haven Lounge. Guests of The Haven are entitled to invite up to four guests a maximum of two times per sailing. Children may be part of the invitation and will be counted as part of the total. Reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis based on seating availability. For more information on the special amenities available for guests staying in The Haven, visit

www.thehaven.ncl.com

Effective Sunday, September 18th, guests staying in The Haven can invite non-Haven guests to join them in The Haven Restaurant for a fee of $25 per person. This fee will also grant guests access to The Haven Lounge. Guests of The Haven are entitled to invite up to four guests a maximum of two times per sailing. Children may be part of the invitation and will be counted as part of the total. Reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis based on seating availability. For more information on the special amenities available for guests staying in The Haven, visit

www.thehaven.ncl.com

Very interesting... Thanks for the information. This must be just for the EPIC.

I'm one of the ones that usually is against giving suite perks to others. However, with that said, I think letting folks bring in limited guests and charging everyone including children a fee equivalent to the upscale restaurants if fine. Since it would be controlled to not displace the suite guests, I think it is a way to maximize the usefulness of the staffing in the Haven.

We are staying in the haven on epic in november andpaid for exclusivity this is a one time deal for us and i will notbe happy ifi have to worry about getting a pool chair, etc

There are NO pool chairs in the Epic Club or Lounge...the OP did not

say the courtyard area.

Interesting... so it gives NCL a way to fine people for sneaking in to the Haven, too, at $25 a head.

Gotta love spin! :D

I disagree with you. IMHO I think it's a way of families or friends in other catagories to be invited to dine there at a charge. It also save the suite guests begging the HD or Concierge to have friends join them for meal.

No one is sneaking in.............. I booked a Deluxe Owners Suite in December and I have no problem with this......as long as Haven guests

have priority over invited guests.

I disagree with you. IMHO I think it's a way of families or friends in other catagories to be invited to dine there at a charge. It also save the suite guests begging the HD or Concierge to have friends join them for meal.

No one is sneaking in.............. I booked a Deluxe Owners Suite in December and I have no problem with this......as long as Haven guests

have priority over invited guests.

I don't think we actually disagree. I'm referring to the thread the other day about how one can sneak into the Haven; you're talking about bringing a guest in.

And I agree with you about suite guests pestering the concierge; now the concierge has a policy to point to for "reasonable" limits. :)

I don't think we actually disagree. I'm referring to the thread the other day about how one can sneak into the Haven; you're talking about bringing a guest in.

And I agree with you about suite guests pestering the concierge; now the concierge has a policy to point to for "reasonable" limits. :)

You and I are on the same page then....wow it's amazing that people can

actually AGREE on these boards......:D

You and I are on the same page then....wow it's amazing that people can

actually AGREE on these boards......:D

*laughing*

I just (try to) avoid certain threads and recognize and appreciate that my red hat-wearing MOTHER also reads here... Kinda keeps me in check lately to know that! :eek:

(that laughter you hear in the background is my mom laughing at my antics.. I prefer that sound to the alternative!!)

Questions:

Did The Haven restaurant always have enough seating so that every Haven guest could dine there? Is the anticipated extra guests from Joe Blow bringing his friends into the Haven restaurant/lounge going to keep a Haven guest from dining when he wants???

Could be a bad thing. If I paid for Haven and it's privileges, I'd be pretty upset if I can't use what I paid for WHEN I WANT TO because someone brought their friends (and possibly some noisy kids) in the restaurant.

I see this as the best of both worlds. It makes NCL money just like them selling Posh passes. And also settles the very hostile debate on inviting guests to dinner or breakfast at the suite restaurants. I dont see many taking NCL up on this offer. NCL was letting them in for free after long fights.

But this can be a win/win for both sides

Questions:

Did The Haven restaurant always have enough seating so that every Haven guest could dine there? Is the anticipated extra guests from Joe Blow bringing his friends into the Haven restaurant/lounge going to keep a Haven guest from dining when he wants???

Could be a bad thing. If I paid for Haven and it's privileges, I'd be pretty upset if I can't use what I paid for WHEN I WANT TO because someone brought their friends (and possibly some noisy kids) in the restaurant.

I have eaten in all NCL restaurants and I can assure you the most loud, noisy people both children and adults are in the courtyard/haven restaurants.

On Epic in the Epic club there was a family that was so obnoxious that when they left the entire restaurant applauded. There are many in the suites that have a great sense of entitlement that since they are paying extra they can do whatever they want. It is the minority but witnessed it many times.

I have eaten in all NCL restaurants and I can assure you the most loud, noisy people both children and adults are in the courtyard/haven restaurants.

On Epic in the Epic club there was a family that was so obnoxious that when they left the entire restaurant applauded. There are many in the suites that have a great sense of entitlement that since they are paying extra they can do whatever they want. It is the minority but witnessed it many times.

OH NO DAVID !!! It is ALWAYS the non-suite guests who are obnoxious and wear their baseball caps backward and wear tank tops with hair sticking out all over !!!:D:D

Note - Tongue firmly implanted in cheek !!

I think this might work.

1 - Easy for staff to point to the PAY IF YOU WANT IT choice.

2 - It is limited to the number of times each cruise.

3 - It is limited to space available - only time will tell what this really means.

4 - As to loud problem passengers. Even those that PAY can be a pain in the butt. Sometimes, people that pay all that money think it entitles them to be jerks. Hard to deal with that fact of life.

Overall, I think NCL might be on to something here.

Interesting. I can see the advantages - and potential disadvantages. We only had one dinner in the Epic club during our February sailing, and we were seated in just a minute or two (7 PM) with no reservations. I don't see us dining in there more than one or two evenings for our November sailing, but certainly would not appreciate a long wait due to increased utilization.

For that February sailing, it was just the two of us in a CV. This time there will be 4 in our cabin - ourselves, along with our son and his girlfriend. ALSO, on this sailing we will have our other son and a friend of his coming down from Nova Scotia staying in adjacent studio cabins. Thus, we might take advantage of the $25 pp offer to bring them up for a meal there. We are a considerate group, unlike some which I witnessed in the Epic club (breakfast/lunch) previously. Still, I am sure that can happen anywhere!

Counting the days!! :)

Tom

I don't know why NCL has a specific evening restaurant for Haven guests anyway - the point of NCL is to dine Freestyle - where and when you want - not have an assigned dining room/table. It makes sense for breakfast and lunch to have this private restaurant, but not for dinner. I have stayed in the Courtyard and I like the exclusivity, but not for dinner - dinner, I like to go out. I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm sure that it is all managed through dining reservations not to detract from Haven guests experience.

Questions:

Did The Haven restaurant always have enough seating so that every Haven guest could dine there? Is the anticipated extra guests from Joe Blow bringing his friends into the Haven restaurant/lounge going to keep a Haven guest from dining when he wants??? .....

Although I'm not against this in principle, I am against it in practice for exactly this reason. The Epic Club restaurant (I'm assuming this is the one in question) is not all that big, and our cruise it was very crowded most nights. We never had to wait for a table for two, but I could see that waits might become an issue if there are a lot of invited (and paying) guests.

Archived