Heard a Rumor - Capt Kate switching to Equinox ???

PBC29

I do wish them well but Summit out of NJ was a hidden jewel because of them. Great crew and wonderful service overall.

Agree! Am about to embark on my third Summit cruise in less than a year because of the Captain Kate/Captain Alex/Maja combo. I had never been on that ship previously, but it rapidly became my favorite. Had a combo of Captain Alex and Captain Kate on my Canada/NE cruise in October--that was really fun. I wish them well in their new assignments. Booked the January cruise before I heard about the transfers, glad I did.

Captain Alex will be moving to Millennium around mid January replacing captain Leo who will move back to Eclipse. Captain Kate will move to Equinox after her vacation. Transfers are never certain until they have been spotted on board.

:D:D:D

SO happy to hear this news!

We've been cruising for almost 50 years (I was negative 20 when we started ;p) and Captain Leo is the only Captain that I have ever felt made a noticeable difference in our cruise experience.

Captain Alex will be moving to Millennium around mid January replacing captain Leo who will move back to Eclipse. Captain Kate will move to Equinox after her vacation. Transfers are never certain until they have been spotted on board.

Confirmed (I suppose unofficially) by Captain Alex on Instagram that he will be sailing Millennium with a start date of January 7. No word on social media yet by Captain Kate, or who Captain Alex' replacement will be.

Our 1st Summit cruise was last May to Bermuda and we thought Capt. Kate was the best Captain we have sailed with on all our 20-something cruises. We spoke with her repeatedly during the cruise, she was always available, visible and personable. During that cruise we booked another Summit cruise to Canada/New England for Sept. 2018, hoping to sail with Capt. Kate again.

This thread has talked about her next ship (Equinox) and where others will be assigned, but I haven't seen anything about who will Master the Summit next year when Capt. Kate moves on. Is that known yet?

We're looking forward the September cruise but disappointed that Capt. McCue will not be in charge.

Edited by seadrifter

Kate made the announcement last night on the Summit at the Captains Club Senior officer party she was moving to Equinox. I was not in attendance but it is public now.

She will be back on Summit for on Charter in February after her last contracted sailing ending on Feb 4 I believe. The charter requested her. She starts on Equinox in March.

Oh, and Jole the Suite Concierge from Equinox has moved to shore X.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the info!

With a March start date and doing the math with 12-on 12-off she just might be our captain on the Oct. 15th sailing, or she'll have just left. Keeping fingers crossed for the former.

It changes. She did 16 on, 6 off at her request because she wanted to be onboard. We’ll see.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if this is true? an if so when.

I am sure that whomever replaces them will be equally professional and will manage not to run the ship aground. That is all that matters to me. I know that many will disagree w me but this captain worship cult seems to me to be very silly. I and I am sure most of us couldn't even tell you who the captain was on our last cruise, much less our last previous cruises.

DON

I am sure that whomever replaces them will be equally professional and will manage not to run the ship aground. That is all that matters to me. I know that many will disagree w me but this captain worship cult seems to me to be very silly. I and I am sure most of us couldn't even tell you who the captain was on our last cruise, much less our last previous cruises.

DON

Some of us love a good looking, witty, professional woman. It's all part of a mystique, or as you call it, a "cult." ;)

Kate made the announcement last night on the Summit at the Captains Club Senior officer party she was moving to Equinox. I was not in attendance but it is public now.

She will be back on Summit for on Charter in February after her last contracted sailing ending on Feb 4 I believe. The charter requested her. She starts on Equinox in March.

Oh, and Jole the Suite Concierge from Equinox has moved to shore X.

Hoping it is the Flower Power.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know which charter? We are on the Flower Power Feb 24th and I think the Smooth Jazz is Feb 10th. :cool:

Hi Jenna

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know which charter? We are on the Flower Power Feb 24th and I think the Smooth Jazz is Feb 10th. :cool:

I believe i mis-typed. She leaves Feb 4 from Summit. She has a 5 week vacation before she heads to Equinox but the handover will extended. I believe the charter is actually in April and is Olivia.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

DON

I'm not sure what cruises you've been on, but if you'd been on a cruise with Captain Kate (and attended any of the events or saw her around the ship), you'd remember her. We were actually on the cruise before she started on Summit, but she came to the Captains Club senior officer party and the Cruise Critic party. She is just a really nice person. As I was not on board when she was captain, I never heard any of her daily announcements.

The Kafetzis brothers (both Celebrity captains) are also quite memorable, they're very funny.

Now, on Anthem of the Seas, we rarely saw the captain either time we sailed, so I would not be able to tell you who the captain was.

I'm not sure what cruises you've been on, but if you'd been on a cruise with Captain Kate (and attended any of the events or saw her around the ship), you'd remember her. We were actually on the cruise before she started on Summit, but she came to the Captains Club senior officer party and the Cruise Critic party. She is just a really nice person. As I was not on board when she was captain, I never heard any of her daily announcements.

The Kafetzis brothers (both Celebrity captains) are also quite memorable, they're very funny.

Now, on Anthem of the Seas, we rarely saw the captain either time we sailed, so I would not be able to tell you who the captain was.

And did Captain Kate run her ship any better than Captain XX of the Anthem of the Seas. I am not asking who was better at PR but who ran the ship better.

This whole Captain Kate cult is totally sexist. We will all be better off when there are enough female, gay, black, etc captains that nobody cares.

DON

DON

Don, I sort of agree with you when we are talking about generic captains that you rarely see, and phone in their daily announcement droning on about how deep the sea is in feet and meters, all the while talking like the Swedish chef calling out a a chicken recipe.

But Captain Kate really did make an effort to relate to the passengers, be visible several times, and give interesting, informative updates. When we had the incident of rescuing the six souls at sea, she understood that guests would be curious, and kept us informed with timely yet respectful status. I was impressed, and usually am not by the captains. And saying goodbye to passengers individually as we debarked from the cruise .. that was a nice touch.