Do you like Ken Rush as cruise director?

A positive cruise director will make me motivated but I don't try to be influenced that much by a bad or not that energetic cruise director.

I had Ken Rush last week and for some reason I didn't like him. He has years of experience with royal but I had the feeling that he feels like the "king" of the cruise.

On the other hand the " captain" which don't have a big role when it comes to entertainment I saw him riding his bike in the promenade ( how cool was that) and you can tell he is having fun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One of the reasons RCI has Ken bringing out the new ships is that he is skillful in the CD duties that are behind the scenes, such as organizational duties, and motivating the activities crew.

A positive cruise director will make me motivated but I don't try to be influenced that much by a bad or not that energetic cruise director.

I had Ken Rush last week and for some reason I didn't like him. He has years of experience with royal but I had the feeling that he feels like the "king" of the cruise.

On the other hand the " captain" which don't have a big role when it comes to entertainment I saw him riding his bike in the promenade ( how cool was that) and you can tell he is having fun

You must have had Capt. Johnny-we had him several years ago and loved him riding his bike in the promenade

Ken is my least favorite cruise director I have ever had in my life. He is super cocky and what really bothers me is that almost all of his humor comes at the expense of others. Im sure he is a great and nice guy, but his cruise director persona is arrogant.

Ken is my least favorite cruise director I have ever had in my life. He is super cocky and what really bothers me is that almost all of his humor comes at the expense of others. Im sure he is a great and nice guy, but his cruise director persona is arrogant.

I had a negative opinion of him as of last year.

But since I last sailed with Ken, I have had FOUR whom I would put lower on the list.

So he is at worst the fifth worst CD.

;) :D

DH and I have commented that the activities seem varied and events seem greatly organized and well oiled on the cruises when Ken Rush has been the CD. His delivery at shows when making announcements is low key. For some, where cruise directors are more animated, he may seem less exciting. Have met him in passing a couple of times, and he comes across pleasantly. We've never not cruised or cruised on a ship due to who is the cruise director for the duration of the cruise.

This was how we felt, too.

Hes been a cruise director twice while ive been on a royal ship. Hes good hes funny. Some of the same jokes. I don't pick my cruises either based on a CD.

But I wouldn't not go on a cruise just because he is the Director

I have never had such a negative response to a CD IN MY LIFE!!!

Three weeks ago! Allure!

OH MY GOSH! I felt like I was on the Ken Rush Show 24/7! It starts with "The Morning Rush!" his morning TV show where he and I QUOTE - read a letter from a pinnacle guest that said "Ken, you are the best cruise director we have ever had. And your Glow Party is phenomenal"

"Well that was my idea - I told the big bosses about it and now we have glow parties"

Really Ken???

And a TWO HOUR Love and Marriage! He showed a clip from his past love and marriage from two decades ago!

I attend every Love and Marriage show - THAT was the worst.

He talked through the entire Glow Party - the entire thing! Every song! Never shut up! While he ran around with a camera saying "You are on TV!"

I think that's what he thinks this is - this is his own game show and we are his audience.

Blech!

Edited by crusinmama06

My husband and I were on the Rising Tide Bar for the 70s show and it was so much fun. Ken ends it on this bar and, oh my, when I got remotely close to the THE man, his staff (ladies), pushed me back. Oh, my, they were quite rude. Just like the man. So annoying. But, hey, that is THE best place to watch that show. We almost missed getting on because they rope it off once the show starts, but Terry, a great cruise member of Ken's staff let us on as the last ones. So fun, but Ken's "Angels" PITA mean.:rolleyes:

My husband and I were on the Rising Tide Bar for the 70s show and it was so much fun. Ken ends it on this bar and, oh my, when I got remotely close to the THE man, his staff (ladies), pushed me back. Oh, my, they were quite rude. Just like the man. So annoying. But, hey, that is THE best place to watch that show. We almost missed getting on because they rope it off once the show starts, but Terry, a great cruise member of Ken's staff let us on as the last ones. So fun, but Ken's "Angels" PITA mean.:rolleyes:

Wow. I think my next trivia team name will be "Ken's PITAngels"

Don't really care much for him, but I wouldn't skip a cruise if I heard he was going to be on!

Tom

I couldn't even stomach going to HIS 70's party. I took about 4 steps into the Promenade - saw him and promptly took quick steps out.

And again - I have been to EVERY 70's party on every royal ship since they started doing it. I just couldn't do this one.

I went to the quiet boardwalk - where he wasn't.