Printing out airline boarding passes

elapel01

My dh and I have been driving to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades the last few years but this year we are flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. We can't print off of our tablets so I was wondering if Equinox still has a computer room where I could use their computer to check in with airline and print out boading pass the day before we get off ship? I would think that it's pretty busy that day but I don't know if they still have computers for people to use.

There are computers and a printer to use. You just have to log in. They are not free like you have at major hotels. You need to have an account for X number of minutes. If you are Elite, you get 90 free minutes.

I do not understand why people worry about printing boarding passes in advance. You still have to go through the kiosk at the airport to check your luggage and you can print the passes at the same time. Is there something that I am missing?

DON

I do not understand why people worry about printing boarding passes in advance. You still have to go through the kiosk at the airport to check your luggage and you can print the passes at the same time. Is there something that I am missing?

DON

We only have carry on....straight to the security line.

DON

I agree. No need to do this unless you are trying to check in for a Southwest flight. If you have a smartphone you can always do a mobile boarding pass too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DON

No need to stop at the airport kiosk if you've done the online check-in. Choose how many bags you're checking, pay any applicable checked luggage fees with CC and print off your airline boarding pass. Once at the airport go directly to the check-in counter and your done. My experience has been with Delta, JetBlue and Alaska Airlines.

Edited by davekathy

My dh and I have been driving to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades the last few years but this year we are flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. We can't print off of our tablets so I was wondering if Equinox still has a computer room where I could use their computer to check in with airline and print out boading pass the day before we get off ship? I would think that it's pretty busy that day but I don't know if they still have computers for people to use.

Yes, there's always computer available even on the last day at the computer room. Nothing to worry about, we've never had to wait since the new faster internet is in place. In the past when the internet was snail speed, you may have to wait 5 mins, but nowadays, there's absolutely no wait time.

No need to stop at the airport kiosk if you've done the online check-in. Choose how many bags you're checking, pay any applicable checked luggage fees with CC and print off your airline boarding pass. Once at the airport go directly to the check-in counter and your done. My experience has been with Delta, JetBlue and Alaska Airlines.

They will still print a boarding pass for you when you drop your bags at the counter. Just show your ID instead of boarding pass. American almost always prints one without asking. Or they will have separate lines for those with and without a pass printed.

All in all...No need to worry about it.

They will still print a boarding pass for you when you drop your bags at the counter. Just show your ID instead of boarding pass. American almost always prints one without asking. Or they will have separate lines for those with and without a pass printed.

All in all...No need to worry about it.

I realize and know the process all too well if you elect not to do the airline pre-check-in. Also if you wait until you arrive at the counter and applicable baggage fees apply you also have to take care of that at the check-in counter. In that case you might as well stop at the airport kiosk and take care of it all before preceding. My preference is to take care of all of that prior to leaving for the airport. No fuss or worries.

Edited by davekathy

DON

Have you flown Southwest? If you wait until you get to the airport to check-in and print boarding passes, you will be among the last to get on the plane. And there will be a seat available in front of a tantruming brat.

Have you flown Southwest? If you wait until you get to the airport to check-in and print boarding passes, you will be among the last to get on the plane.
But surely you'll be fine so long as you check-in, even if you don't print a boarding pass? This always works on the other airlines I fly.

DON

I really don't want to have to go to that room because it will probably be busy but I have to pick out our seats. Plus we have Nexus card with pre-approved TSA so when I print out our boarding pass it will show a box with TSA approval and then we can use the short line at security in the airport. We have to show them our boarding pass with that on it though.

Yes, there's always computer available even on the last day at the computer room. Nothing to worry about, we've never had to wait since the new faster internet is in place. In the past when the internet was snail speed, you may have to wait 5 mins, but nowadays, there's absolutely no wait time.

Oh that is great news! I haven't had to print out a boarding for about 5 years (had been driving) so I am really happy that this won't take long. Thanks.

Seems like another example of people on CC trying to change another persons behavior. The OP was looking for information about where he could print his boarding passes not a discussion about why he didn't need to print them. If he wants paper boarding passes then let's try to give him the info.

Yes, there are still locations where you can print boarding passes. Improved internet speeds and others using electronic boarding passes have made printing boarding passes much easier and faster than the OP experienced several years ago. I don't expect the OP to have any difficulty. Please note, you will need to use "free minutes" or purchase internet time to print the passes.

The ship arrives early enough in the morning that you can use your 4G or whatever wireless service on your smart phone without the ship's wifi. So, other than sweating with Southwest and the prospect of screaming babies if you don't have a few minutes at the airport (and unless you have an early flight you have plenty of time at the airport), most of us do not have to get a bit crazy at the end of the vacation looking to print out a boarding pass onboard.

No idea about other Celebrity ships but recently on Silhouette we printed Southwest boarding passes 24 hours prior to homeward flight. We did not purchase an internet plan on board and our phones were not getting reception most of the time we were at sea so could not check in on phone. We had to pay for one hour of internet service - $25 if I recall - to go online for five minutes to check in. As first time cruisers with Celebrity we were not entitled to any free minutes but were surprised to find that there was not a 'by the minute' fee to go online for the express purpose of checking in and printing boarding passes as we have found on other lines.

Seems like another example of people on CC trying to change another persons behavior. The OP was looking for information about where he could print his boarding passes not a discussion about why he didn't need to print them. If he wants paper boarding passes then let's try to give him the info.

Yes, there are still locations where you can print boarding passes. Improved internet speeds and others using electronic boarding passes have made printing boarding passes much easier and faster than the OP experienced several years ago. I don't expect the OP to have any difficulty. Please note, you will need to use "free minutes" or purchase internet time to print the passes.

Thanks :D. I did get my info! Because you can use your tablet/ipad in the cabin I haven't had to go to the main computer room for awhile so I didn't know anything about your last paragraph here. Makes sense. I still have to purchase my internet time (getting close to Elite) but will make sure to keep time for picking my seats and print the passes.

It's always good to check in as early as possible to claim a seat in case it is an overbooked flight. Printing out the board pass before you gets to the airport allows you to bypass the line at the kiosk.

Thanks, I have heard the same thing that it is a good idea to check in early in case of overbooked flights so I always do check in at the 24 hour mark.

No idea about other Celebrity ships but recently on Silhouette we printed Southwest boarding passes 24 hours prior to homeward flight. We did not purchase an internet plan on board and our phones were not getting reception most of the time we were at sea so could not check in on phone. We had to pay for one hour of internet service - $25 if I recall - to go online for five minutes to check in. As first time cruisers with Celebrity we were not entitled to any free minutes but were surprised to find that there was not a 'by the minute' fee to go online for the express purpose of checking in and printing boarding passes as we have found on other lines.

During my last cruise I purchased the internet package for the entire cruise and I helped out a couple of people by printing out their boarding passes after mine. Since it is usually very quick with the new internet service and only takes a couple of minutes. Perhaps you can ask someone that is printing out their passes and save $25.

Good Luck

My dh and I have been driving to Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades the last few years but this year we are flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. We can't print off of our tablets so I was wondering if Equinox still has a computer room where I could use their computer to check in with airline and print out boading pass the day before we get off ship? I would think that it's pretty busy that day but I don't know if they still have computers for people to use.[/QUOT

Got off the Eclipse 12/22/16. Asked the Concierge to check us in to our return flights and print our boarding passes since there was no luggage valet program. She did it for our friends also. Easy, peasy! No need for internet or printers. :)