Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

It was easy for me to figure that out right away but then again, not real concerned with Status....

I thought it was funny. The even/odd months should have given it away. :rolleyes:

...K.O. ;)

I made it as complex as possible (okay, maybe I could have made it more complex) as a giveaway that it was a joke. Too many people think posts on CC actually come from a burning bush.

Edited by Cuizer2

Too many people think posts on CC actually come from a burning bush.

Yes... and then the thread go crazy... what are they taking away from us..... Nothing... it is theirs, not yours, they control it....

Just cruise and enjoy what is on-board.. there is other lounges and other places to get specialty coffee....

HERE ARE THE NEW RULES ...

On even numbered months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacle and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles and D+ with 350+ points.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, then the following rules will apply (on any month and for any length cruise):

On odd months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with over 1050 points the Diamond Lounge is for D+.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles the Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if the cruise is 13 days or longer, the following rules will apply (for both odd and even months):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with 1400 points or more. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1400 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles 1050+ points. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1050 points and D+ with 350 or more points.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, the following rules will apply (on any month, and for any length cruise):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+ with 350+ points the Diamond Lounge is for D+ with less than 350 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite, Pinnacle, D+ and Diamonds who will make D+ during the current cruise. The Diamond Lounge is for diamond and Emerald guest.

Unless it is a special event cruise (in any month, for any length, holiday or not) in which case the following rules will apply:

For all classes of ships the rules will be posted in your stateroom upon boarding.

Let me quests...you work for the federal government.

We were on Jewel in April/May right after her drydock. There is a CL and DL on deck 13 that is the same as those on her sister ships. Access to CL was Suites/D+/PC and DL was for D/D+/PC.

Thank you for this updated information. Looking forward to our time in December on Jewel.

Doesn't it make you wonder why the loyalty ambassador/concierge consistently gives out false information to the guests. If they don't know, just say you don't know. :)

Yes... and then the thread go crazy... what are they taking away from us..... Nothing... it is theirs, not yours, they control it....

Just cruise and enjoy what is on-board.. there is other lounges and other places to get specialty coffee.....

...And to sit down.

Thank you for this updated information. Looking forward to our time in December on Jewel.

Doesn't it make you wonder why the loyalty ambassador/concierge consistently gives out false information to the guests. If they don't know, just say you don't know. :)

They train with the same instructors that teach the customer service reps. who answer the phone for RCI.

Does make you wonder. I do remember there was info being shared at that time that CL were going to become Suite Lounges. We weren't sure what to expect.....especially since the 1st cruise was a TA.

We also liked what is now the CL on Radiance class...when we were D because it was the DL then. Then it was switched out and became the CL. Wasn't it originally the cigar bar?

Yes.....the CL on Radiance class ships is in what previously was the Hollywood Odyssey.....the lounge that became a cigar bar in the evening.

Look, I was just referring to the CL on Radiance Class. In my experience, once ;) , those prime seats, maybe 6-8 of them, were always monopolized. Yes, there were plenty of other seats. I/we didn't feel like arriving an hour early so I could get the chance to chat with a very busy bartender. Just my opinion.

John, I'm not sure there is a remedy. Many times those are the only seats available in the Concierge Club. The same goes for the seats by the windows. Those seem to be taken by the exact same passengers every night. It always seemed the center of the room was taken by a large circle of the same people.

I must admit the bar are our favorite seats and since we always have late seating, I tend to stay there. So I am guilty. ;) In the future I will be more aware. :cool: Your point is taken.

Most times when we got to the club every seat was taken and we stood behind the bar until the early seating group departed, then we moved in.

I thought the same thing, but this has been going on for at least two years. In order to seem informed, the Concierge collects all the company rumors and facts, then formulates an OPINION? That's why it's always some vague date in the future.

See you on Jewel, B2B 12/4 & 12/11!

Thanks, good to know. Hope I will be allowed on the Navigator in February.

Well thats just great since that is the one ship we will be cruising here in Texas for a while. In April the situation in Diamond lounge was totally unacceptable. It was too crowded to get in the door most evenings. And when I checked the CL it was almost empty every time! Duh! There was some hope then that they'd switch the usage so the larger room could be utilized for the Ds, but now we know that's not happening!:(

We have 15 pts to D+. Just what incentive is there to achieve it? I looked at short cruises on Vision in a suite so we could do 10 pts and then just one 7 night on Liberty and we're D+ but they have reduced the discount for Ds to only $125 so now we've lost $100 off that, Don't know what the D+ discount is now, but if we can't even sit in a dedicated venue for afternoon cocktails with our friends and can't get the expected discount, then just what do we want to be D+ for exactly?:confused:

Waiting all these years and remaining loyal will not really pay off at all will it? Oh yeah, guess I should be eternally grateful for the small discount and a couple of vouchers for drinks....sorry to be sour but I am not a happy camper.

Edited by BecciBoo

To me the loyalty benefits are just a bonus. We love cruising and when we get a chance and can afford to do it we would likely do it even if there wasn't a loyalty program. I have to admit that the Diamond Club experience is really good and one of the reasons we continue to choose RCI as a preference. If that benefit was gone we wouldn't stop cruising, but we wouldn't be able to consider that as part of the pros and cons of which line to pick.

The prices go up and down so much the balcony discount seems sort of nebulous, but we'll take it if it is offered.

We also use some of the coupon perks like bingo cards and coffee, etc.

But, those are also pretty inconsequential since they don't really save very much $$$.

I don't think there will be any benefit to us to reaching D+ unless the Diamond Club benefit goes away for D's. I doubt we will ever make Pinnacle.

All that said, we just cruise because we cruise. We are not trying to "earn" anything, as some sometimes claim, but we'll gladly take any extras they give us and we do count them as part of the decision matrix.

Tom

We have 15 pts to D+. Just what incentive is there to achieve it? I looked at short cruises on Vision in a suite so we could do 10 pts and then just one 7 night on Liberty and we're D+ but they have reduced the discount for Ds to only $125 so now we've lost $100 off that, Don't know what the D+ discount is now, but if we can't even sit in a dedicated venue for afternoon cocktails with our friends and can't get the expected discount, then just what do we want to be D+ for exactly?:confused:

John, I'm not sure there is a remedy. Many times those are the only seats available in the Concierge Club. The same goes for the seats by the windows. Those seem to be taken by the exact same passengers every night. It always seemed the center of the room was taken by a large circle of the same people.

I must admit the bar are our favorite seats and since we always have late seating, I tend to stay there. So I am guilty. ;) In the future I will be more aware. :cool: Your point is taken.

Most times when we got to the club every seat was taken and we stood behind the bar until the early seating group departed, then we moved in.

No worries. We just live in an "early bird gets the worm" society. What I found to be the most interesting seats in the CL were the ones that were opposite of the bar area and were arranged like a king holding court. To tell you the truth, I'm not a bar stool or high top person.

FWIW, anything is better than the old CL down on 10.

Also, I wonder why they just don't give D, D+, and above unlimited free drinks at other bars. I doubt very many people would abuse the privilege since they wouldn't want to lose it (I.E., get drinks for non-members) and it would get more people out of the club without feeling like they're losing something.

You can get all the drinks you want in most of the Diamond Clubs so I don't see the difference. Why not just show your card and if the timing is right... it works.

Tom

Waiting all these years and remaining loyal will not really pay off at all will it? Oh yeah, guess I should be eternally grateful for the small discount and a couple of vouchers for drinks....sorry to be sour but I am not a happy camper.

No worries. We just live in an "early bird gets the worm" society. What I found to be the most interesting seats in the CL were the ones that were opposite of the bar area and were arranged like a king holding court. To tell you the truth, I'm not a bar stool or high top person.

FWIW, anything is better than the old CL down on 10.

John, hate those high toppers..... hurts the tush sitting too long.... lol