4 in the cabin with no pullman

I am looking at 2 early October trips and on both, the state rooms for 4 people have the 2 beds and the pullout couch. We have never had out family of 4 in a room where my kids had to share a bed. There has always been a pullman. I am a little surprised. I think in some rooms we have been in we could have maybe put an aerobed on the floor at night. My kids will not sleep well together (they are 9 and 11) and I don't think DH will be happy with the adults on the couch. Have you successfully had 4 people in a room with just 2 beds (assuming the 2 twins are pushed together)?

I am looking at 2 early October trips and on both, the state rooms for 4 people have the 2 beds and the pullout couch. We have never had out family of 4 in a room where my kids had to share a bed. There has always been a pullman. I am a little surprised. I think in some rooms we have been in we could have maybe put an aerobed on the floor at night. My kids will not sleep well together (they are 9 and 11) and I don't think DH will be happy with the adults on the couch. Have you successfully had 4 people in a room with just 2 beds (assuming the 2 twins are pushed together)?

It would help to know what ship you are considering.

Looking at Adventure and Allure. On Adventure the only 4 bed option is an inside. I was considering a boardwalk balcony on Allure. I am actually finding that on RCI the number of cabins with 4 beds are pretty limited.

No way would I give up the real bed for my kids. I routinely had to sleep with my brother on vacations when we were young...it's a week...you make do.

If they wouldn't sleep on the sofa, I'd put them on the floor....kids can sleep anywhere.

I guess the question is, is there room on the floor in a balcony room to make a bed for a kid? This is just not a problem on the other lines. They will not put 4 in a room with out beds for 4. I am a little surprised that RCI does.

I guess the question is, is there room on the floor in a balcony room to make a bed for a kid? This is just not a problem on the other lines. They will not put 4 in a room with out beds for 4. I am a little surprised that RCI does.

Of course there are beds for four. It’s just that they expect two to be able to share the sofa bed. What other lines do not use a sofa bed for two people?

When we had small(ish) kids, actually pretty much through high school, whenever we vacationed in a room with 2 two-person beds I slept with my daughter & poor son got stuck with hubby. Was never an issue.

No, there is no room on the floor for an additional bed if the sofa bed is pulled out. Not on adventure anyway. I’m not familiar with allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at Adventure and Allure. On Adventure the only 4 bed option is an inside. I was considering a boardwalk balcony on Allure. I am actually finding that on RCI the number of cabins with 4 beds are pretty limited.

There are rooms that do have a sofa bed and an additional Pullman. Look at the deck plans for the solid black diamond.

Our last cruise we went on Holland America and we had one queen bed and a double sofa bed. My kids were 13 and 9 and boy girl and don’t want to sleep together. My dd 9 and I slept on the sleeper sofa and my dh and ds slept on the bed. It wasn’t too bad I was happy to do it to keep the peace and cruise.

We are going on the navigator of the seas in December and will have the same configuration. Wed prefer that over the Pullman bed because neither of the kids want to sleep up on it.

I know someday we will need two rooms, but at the moment we will share beds.

I would definitely recommend checking prices for two connecting cabins, we always sail in two cabins and it’s always the same cost or less than squeezing into one. Plus you get two bathrooms, and two wine allowances.

I would definitely recommend checking prices for two connecting cabins, we always sail in two cabins and it’s always the same cost or less than squeezing into one. Plus you get two bathrooms, and two wine allowances.

In another year this will make more sense, but now with kids sale free, it is tough to justify.

I have just figured out why this has never been a problem. On NCL and Carnival all rooms for 4 are the couch and pullman, on RCI we have always been in a inside or ocean view with the same arrangement. I assumed the balconies were the same. Now I am in a pickle!!

Allure has them, but there are a limited number - need to book well in advance.

Adventure has lots of cabins with two pullmans.

Allure has a few cabins with sofabed and pullman.

They will not put 4 in a room with out beds for 4. I am a little surprised that RCI does.

I think its just like a hotel with two double/queen beds. 2 beds = 4 person occupancy. The sofa bed is a double size.