Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

Northumberland

We are booked on the Royal Princess for the 10 day Southern Medley Cruise on March 30, 2018.

A few weeks ago we were informed of an itinerary change and from the port of Dominica to Martinique.

I've been checking frequently to see about available excursions and this morning was pleasantly surprised by the notice of a cabin upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin. Thank you Princess. Christmas came early.:D

Hi Smurf1635,

I don't know there is any guarantee of an upgrade, but it seems the best bet is to make sure your at the top tier of the category your in. We had booked a specific location on the ship and then changed our reservation to another location after reading a post about the noise level where we had originally been located. The move put us at the top tier of the inside staterooms. So, I can only assume we were at the top of the list for an upgrade when it became available.

How can I be sure that my reservation is marked as "yes, I'd love an upgrade"

Your booking is automatically marked "will accept an upgrade". You have to request direct with Princess or through your TA to change it to "no upgrade" or "meta upgrade" (upgrade only to a higher category cabin, i.e. inside to OV or OV to balcony).

There is never a guarantee that your request will be honored for no upgrade. If Princess needs to move you, you will be moved.

What a sweet surprise! A Christmas present of a free upgrade!

We will be on the March 10th cruise of the same itinerary and maybe I will get a Christmas present too, though I doubt it.

Have a fantastic cruise and if any really big things to tell, will come back to this thread after March 20th and before March 30th and let ya know!

Pooh

We are booked on the Royal Princess for the 10 day Southern Medley Cruise on March 30, 2018.

A few weeks ago we were informed of an itinerary change and from the port of Dominica to Martinique.

I've been checking frequently to see about available excursions and this morning was pleasantly surprised by the notice of a cabin upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin. Thank you Princess. Christmas came early.:D

I'm on the same cruise, no upgrade for me though, have you joined the roll call?

Hi 1Emerald1,

Yes, we joined the roll call back in October when we booked the cruise.

We were originally booked to an inside stateroom on deck 15. However, about 2 weeks ago we arranged to relocate to another inside stateroom on deck 14. Then yesterday, I was checking to see if excursions were ready for Martinique and noticed the upgrade for us and our traveling companions. So now we have side by side balconies. It was a nice surprise. Hope to see you on board.

when you state "you noticed the upgrade" - was that just in your booking - or did you get a prior email??

We were once upgraded from an inside to a Caribe deck HC balcony cabin. We were booked directly with Princess that time and received no notice at all. I just saw the change in my personalizer.

Hi voljeep,

We didn't receive any notice from Princess or our TA about the upgrade. I had signed in to the Princess website to check on excursions and happened to notice a change to our stateroom number and description from inside to balcony. Then I signed in to our companions booking and saw that they had also been upgraded to a balcony right beside us. That was a real bonus.