3000 Cruise Points

nelblu

13925006_1164222636949731_5513773016851111741_n.jpg?oh=57af356d58f69a48d73604f272608ac8&oe=5A675ABF

Congratulations to Barbara McElroy who just celebrated her 3,000th cruise point onboard Oasis of the Seas! Here are some photos of her celebration onboard.

Have you celebrated a milestone onboard lately? Share your story and send your photos to CrownandAnchorMemberDirector@rccl.com for a chance to be featured here!

W22688376_1608662742505716_7728068203267862417_n.jpg?oh=6b33dfaf88de27d788774ebb8fd5a9c8&oe=5A7C807F

That is an accomplishment. Wonder which C&A member has the most nights?

Edited by nelblu
clarification

We've sailed with Barbara and we've had a great time cruising with her. Congrats Barbara!!! I don't think we have enough years left in our lives to attain that level but it's fun trying!!!

The most nights? I would have to guess Super Mario?

Hmmm lets look at the math.

I would cruise single to earn double points in half the time.

B2B 7 night cruises

14 pts times 2 weeks = 28pts

3000pts/28 pts = 107 trips

Travel once a month

12x9=108 trips

I would need 9 yrs to earn 3000pts. Hmmm lets add this to my bucket list after I retire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

who's that captain? I don't recognize him

Captain Per Kristoffersen. I remember him from the Mariner when it was in Port Canaveral. As he says, When I was young, I tried to look older, now that I am older, I try to look younger.

mac_tlc

With double points for sailing solo and another point if you sail in a JS or higher It would be interesting to know how many actual nights Super Mario has. 7000 cruise points is quite an accomplishment.

There are several news articles on Mario. He has basically lived on RCI ships for over 20 years. You won't meet a nicer or more unpretentious cruiser than Mario. His "office" for his internet based business is on the pool deck. What a life.

I was also amazed to read his TA gets him the same 150% Single Supplement all other Pinnacles receive....

Congratulations to Barbara on reaching 3000 cruise points!

We were fortunate to have cruised with Barbara on Rhapsody OS this year, and shared some wonderful experiences we will always cherish. Thank you Barbara.(y)

A remarkable achievement, :)

Susan and Michael

With double points for sailing solo and another point if you sail in a JS or higher It would be interesting to know how many actual nights Super Mario has. 7000 cruise points is quite an accomplishment.
I'm guessing between 5200 and 5600 actual nights. Double for solo had only been around for 4 years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

When we first started thinking about taking a cruise a few years ago, we got advice from a friend who cruised a lot. She had been retired for some time and worked every few days in her son's optometry practice, which is where we met her.

Anyway, she told us about a woman that she had heard of who "retired" to cruising and would negotiate six months or more at a time on a ship, ending up in ports to visit her grandkids for holidays and such. She said that being such a frequent cruiser, she got a great price, less than what you would pay in a retirement community like Leisure World or similar. She didn't have many medical issues, so the medical staff on the boat was able to monitor her just fine. If I recall correctly, she sold her house, and pretty much everything she had, and with her kids spread out all over was able to make this work. Personally, I think it's a great idea, as a cruise is so lively, and seeing different places would be so fun. Does anyone know if this is a true story or just a marine myth? I fantasize about doing this someday.

Super Mario stays in an inside cabin.........no frills!!

Not always! He told me he sometimes stays in Junior Suites depending on the deal he can get when he books. When we sailed with him last year on Enchantment I believe he was in a standard balcony cabin.

When we first started thinking about taking a cruise a few years ago, we got advice from a friend who cruised a lot. She had been retired for some time and worked every few days in her son's optometry practice, which is where we met her.

Anyway, she told us about a woman that she had heard of who "retired" to cruising and would negotiate six months or more at a time on a ship, ending up in ports to visit her grandkids for holidays and such. She said that being such a frequent cruiser, she got a great price, less than what you would pay in a retirement community like Leisure World or similar. She didn't have many medical issues, so the medical staff on the boat was able to monitor her just fine. If I recall correctly, she sold her house, and pretty much everything she had, and with her kids spread out all over was able to make this work. Personally, I think it's a great idea, as a cruise is so lively, and seeing different places would be so fun. Does anyone know if this is a true story or just a marine myth? I fantasize about doing this someday.

Other cruise lines may offer deals however Royal does not.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app