Another Shady Business Tactic

WassupBro

For Spa Balconies/ Other Category Spa Rooms:

1st and 2nd guest get amenities only.

Try searching for a Spa Room with 2 guests listed.... No Rooms available.

Try searching for a Spa Room with 4 guests listed..... Several Rooms available.

So you're essentially paying Spa Pricing for 4 people, but only 2 can use it. This may or may not be a shady business tactic, but it is kind of odd. I understand room capacity and stuff but come on.....

Third and fourth guests are usually at a price greatly reduced from the fare paid for the first two passengers which include the spa. It makes sense that they do not get all the perks of the first two.

I am sure Carnival will sell a spa pass to those lower price passengers which will bring up their "price" for the same perks.

Nothing shady - you just get what you pay for.

Third and fourth guests are usually at a price greatly reduced from the fare paid for the first two passengers which include the spa. It makes sense that they do not get all the perks of the first two.

I am sure Carnival will sell a spa pass to those lower price passengers which will bring up their "price" for the same perks.

Nothing shady - you just get what you pay for.

Agreed. We often book spa cabins. We are sailing next week in 2 spa cabins . An inside for 2 and and inside for 4. The prices are 1296/1756. Adding 2 people to the quad only raised the price by $460. What perks can you expect for that ?!? In our case they are kids, so they don't even qualify for spa access.

So you're essentially paying Spa Pricing for 4 people, but only 2 can use it. This may or may not be a shady business tactic, but it is kind of odd. I understand room capacity and stuff but come on.....

In addition to what the others have said, if this is a high demand sailing, they may not be selling 4 capacity cabins to parties of 2; however, a call to a good PVP could yield excellent results there.

It seems shady but is most likely a poor website design. Take it from someone who has built these systems.

For example, on a cruise I was interested in for 2020 (not many bookings yet) the entire front of the ship showed "Sold Out" if you look for an inside cabin... but if you search for a Spa inside cabin, all the rooms are magically available.

The term "sold out" should not be used where there never was anything for sale to begin with!

We had this situation on our cruise last week. 2 spa cabins with 3 girls per cabin. When we booked ON THE PHONE they failed to tell us only the first 2 guests would have amenities. After booking I noticed that online and called to ask about it. Since they didn't tell me over the phone, I told them they should honor the spa amenities for all of us, and they did. I got an email from them saying they would tell the spa manager (this was back in June 2017). Of course I brought the email with me because I was sure they wouldn't "remember" to tell the spa manager. Well they didn't. So I calmly went back to my room and got the printed email and they honored it.

Calling the 800 number or your PVP may yield different results. Not all available cabins show online.

Very few situations allow for the third, fourth etc passengers to get the same amenities as the first two. We’ve run into this on other lines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

There is nothing shady. The pricing is clear.

The ladies who got the free spa amenities for the 3rd. occupant only did so because somebody forgot to say so at the time of booking, not because the information wasn't available. Hotels normally do this for included breakfast, or charge extra for greater than 2 person occupancy, no shady business tactics. It's like anything else, if you buy something and you don't understand all the terms of the agreement, it must be somebody else's fault.

You may be looking at available cabins on a ship scheduled to sail relatively soon.

If you look at the deck plans for that ship, the legends will show you how many spa cabins are meant to be sold for only 2 people. On the Breeze, for instance, there are quite a few balconies and a majority of the interiors.

not shady at all. S.O.P., and yet again the OP disappears

So you're essentially paying Spa Pricing for 4 people, but only 2 can use it. This may or may not be a shady business tactic, but it is kind of odd.

Not shady at all, been like this for a very long time, 3 & 4 in a cabin are reduced pricing, end of story and sorry, no shade! :rolleyes:

...and yet your click bait thread title claims that it definitively is.

I debunked your “no rooms available” claim with a mock booking for two in less than three minutes.

Information online clearly states only the first two guests in a triple/quad get spa access.

There’s something shady here, but it ain’t anything Carnival has done.

I booked (inside) spa room for two no problem. We did book out over 1 1/2 year out for a Journey cruise. Was our first spa experience. We only ended going to the spa maybe 4 times in the 13 day sailing. For us, we probably would not spend the extra money on it again. We did enjoy the thalassotherapy pool for what it's worth.

We booked our very first Spa Balcony cabin last year on the Breeze. We didn't really feel that the room or amenities were worth the extra price. The other problem for us was that being on the top deck of balcony cabins, our balcony was not covered at all. When it was raining, our balcony was not usable at all. Also, the "free" spa slippers you get are a one-size-fits-most size. So, if you have Sasquatch feet like me, they didn't fit at all. :-( It wasn't a horrible cabin at all. I'm glad we tried one, but probably wouldn't spend the money for another one.