Free laundry

shopperwhite

The free laundry is a wonderful service. Never had any problems with it. Happy cruising!

Neither have we, wife loves it. We are getting close to 300 days sailing with Princess, can’t recall when we hit Elite but it was long ago. Prior to that she did our laundry in the pay machines.

A while back I read on the boards that all laundry is cleaned with chemicals (like dry cleaning). Does anyone actually know if the standard laundry is cleaned in water and detergent or chemicals? I don’t want my laundry washed like dry cleaning. It’s actually hard for me that they would use chemicals for general laundry.

Other way around; it's all water-based processes; the difference is in the finishing.

A pretty prominent retired dry cleaner (who still writes for the industry press)has posted on the board about their process and quality; I'm comfortable sending stuff - even bespoke/made-to-measure men's tailored.

We were on a TA which had a high number of elite aboard per usual. Turn around for laundry was 3 days. A notice was put in our stateroom concerning the turn around and the laundry did take 3 days. I did the UST on this cruise and saw where the ship's laundry is done as well as the pax laundry (separate places). They use water to wash pax laundry (and ship's also) in small front load washers not too different than what you see in laundromats. We have not had any problems with laundry services so far and have not noticed any extra smell. Now if I could just get them not to iron my jeans!

What types of problems have you had and how did you resolve them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Shrinkage of my underwear, shrinkage of my socks, my wife's jeans were never quite the same fit (even using the cleaning process), also some small holes in my T shirts, sequins removed off my wife's shirt. We've never had anything missing although some people have.

I have had good luck using the cleaning process for my dress pants though but I refuse to send in anything else for laundering. It's just easier to wash things out as I wear them each day.

I realize that I could have said something but the damage wasn't great enough to claim for $$.

Many people swear by their laundry but we've given up giving them anything.

If you do trust them, don't sent in anything of good value & take photo's of everything before you sent it in. If it goes missing you'll have a photo to show them what to look for.

"Thanks for all of the responses. I leave tomorrow for a cruise on the Star Princess. We were Elite on our last 7 day cruise but didn’t send anything out to the laundry. This cruise is 15 days and the free laundry will come in handy."

As stated in a previous posting you may receive a notice that laundry can take up to 3 days. This happens on longer cruises with lots of Elites on board. What to do? My experience if you receive this notice:

*Laundry may take up to 3 days, but probably will be ready sooner.

*Some cabin stewards don't look for finished laundry until the 3 days are up.

*Watch your on board folio. When your laundry has been completed a charge is posted to your on board account. If your cabin steward does not deliver that day, remind him/her that it is ready. The charge will be reversed the same day or next day.

*Normally laundry is done a lot quicker and most times we have experienced next day service even though we received the 72 hour notice.

Shrinkage of my underwear, shrinkage of my socks, my wife's jeans were never quite the same fit (even using the cleaning process), also some small holes in my T shirts, sequins removed off my wife's shirt. We've never had anything missing although some people have.

I have had good luck using the cleaning process for my dress pants though but I refuse to send in anything else for laundering. It's just easier to wash things out as I wear them each day.

I realize that I could have said something but the damage wasn't great enough to claim for $$.

Many people swear by their laundry but we've given up giving them anything.

If you do trust them, don't sent in anything of good value & take photo's of everything before you sent it in. If it goes missing you'll have a photo to show them what to look for.

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry to hear you had these problems. I had read about similar instances prior to our last Princess cruise so we were cautious about choosing which articles to have laundered so we didn't experience any problems. Our clothing was returned sooner than expected each time and smelled fresh as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Edited by JimAOk1945