Hotels In Copenhagen with A/C!!

Looking for a nice hotel for end of August, 2019. Must have A/C and be kinda near Stroget and Tivoli area. I have looked into many that are nice but really expensive and don't want to do that for one night pre-cruise. Have looked into the Nimb Hotel and Absalon Hotel. Anybody stayed in either of these or have a recommendation of any other hotel? Thanks.

Pooh

Around 25% of Copenhagens 21.000 hotel rooms has air condition so that's 5250 to choose from :-)

From what could understand from the article i saw, it was't mostly Scandics and Arp Hansen Hotel groups hotels that had Air condition.

Another fun fact is that around 4000 of these rooms are cooled down with water from the harbour so its good for the enviroment. :)

But if you search on hotels.com you can exclude hotels without aircon in your search options.

We stayed in the Copenhagen Plaza before our Windstar cruise in late June just across from Tivoli and next to the train station. Very easy to take the train from the airport and walk less than a block to the hotel. Older hotel I could hear the train but AC worked! Excellent restaurant!

Second seating

We stayed several times at the Radisson Royal Copenhagen (previously the Radisson Blu Royal, or Radisson SAS). It has a modern 'Scandinavian' feel, in a high building with great views. Very cool real air con. Located next to Tivoli, and a short walk to the City Hall and Stroget, and subway and bus stations. Across the street is the Tourist Information Center. Meets all our requirements and is our favorite pre-cruise hotel.

Looking for a nice hotel for end of August, 2019. Must have A/C and be kinda near Stroget and Tivoli area. I have looked into many that are nice but really expensive and don't want to do that for one night pre-cruise. Have looked into the Nimb Hotel and Absalon Hotel. Anybody stayed in either of these or have a recommendation of any other hotel? Thanks.

Pooh

The Andersen has A/C, is right around the corner from the train station, Tivoli and reasonable rates. Beautiful rooms as well.

Judy from SW Florida

We recently stayed at Andersen Boutique Hotel in Copenhagen. What a gem of a place to stay.

There was air con in the room we had & so pleased we booked a hotel with it as it was very hot.

At the moment there is no air con in the reception area but they are apparently refurbishing that area & air con is going in so I was told.

Each night they have Hygge 5 - 6 pm (Wine Hour)

Close to Tivoli.

Pooh

We stayed 4 nights pre-cruise June, 2018 at the Skt. Petri Hotel. Just like you we wanted a hotel with air conditioning and the Skt. Petri did not disappoint. It is in a very quiet location but was very centrally located with only a 5 minute walk to the Stroget and City Hall/Tivoli was only a 10-15 minute walk away. I would not hesitate to recommend the Skt. Petri.

Crown Plaza towers.... has an old fashioned oscillating fan in the room because the AC is so bad. Then they covered the building in black solar panels making the entire place an oven. Then they brag about how eco friendly the hotel is. News flash.... I don't like spending almost $300/nt and being uncomfortable. It was in the low 60's outside and the high 70's inside....the windows also don't open. It's a hot and stuffy hotel.

The Scandic Palace had AC, it is across the plaza from Tivoli and a few storefronts down from the Stroget. We had 3 huge rooms also, much bigger than the standard European rooms for some reason.

We just stayed at the Scandic Palace. It does not have a/c, it has “air cooling,” which is not the same thing and will not do much in really hot weather (which Copenhagen experienced for much of this summer).

Our room was larger than expected, and the location was great. Still, I would not recommend this hotel for two reasons. The first is the City Hall bell tower, which looms over the hotel, with a bell that chimes every 15 minutes from 8am till midnight, and counts out the time on the hour. Even though we had a supposedly quiet room on the courtyard and not the street, we could still hear the bell and it disrupted our sleep.

The second reason is the tub/shower combo. The tub was about two feet high, maybe more, with a very wide lip. This might not be a problem for everyone, but if you are short or have knee issues, this tub/shower will be a huge problem.

Edited by Turtles06

We're from Texas, and appreciate AC for sure. Whichever sort of AC/Air cooling the Scandic Palace had, it was more than suitable for us. The rooms were very comfortable. The bell tower was loud, which was only a problem that first night, when jet lag was the worst. We had rooms overlooking the Town Hall plaza. I don't remember the tub issue, but mobility at that point was not a problem for me.

This summer it was definitely needed! I know it was an exception though

I’m hoping it won’t be needed next summer, as I have 3 nights in a hotel before boarding my ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trip Advisor is your friend, trawl through the listings, they have all the info you need. Our TA booked us into a twin room Cabbin hotel. What we got was two bunk beds, one so high we nearly had vertigo, needless to say after 24 hours travelling, not happy Jan. After a lot of discussion with reception we were moved to a room with a queen bed, not ideal for mother and daughter but better than the high rise bunk. Shower was a wet room so everything in the room was wet. Leave clothes outside bathroom.

Tubs with high lips are common in Europe and Asia. One in hotel in Xian in China was so hard to get into, or out of, I ended up having a bird bath, lucky only one night and not in the middle of summer lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We really liked the Hotel Absalon but it might not be for everyone. The area was fine for us, but it is an eclectic area for sure. Cool bar, and nice air conditioning and a good breakfast. Very "cool" colorful decor. Location was a block from the train station and Tivoli.