Questions for Diamonds please - what will be different on my first Diamond cruise?

Truluv

I'll be taking my first cruise as a Diamond member this summer (Oasis in a JS, solo). I've already paid for VOOM, a drink package and port parking, so I probably wouldn't use small discounts if available for any of those items. I was surprised to get my choice of early traditional dining, since on my recent cruises I ended up in My Time even though I booked nearly a year ahead.

What will be different as a Diamond member? Is check in or debarkation much different from Emerald? Will I get a different color sign and sail card (and does it mean anything?) Will there be a list of diamond benefits in the cabin? Do I get more than the can of soda and snack I earned with Emerald? Any tips on how to enjoy being Diamond? I understand from these boards that 2/3 of the passengers are also likely to be Diamond LOL. For me, it will be a big deal :D.

And what do you do with your Diamond pin? After I took a picture of my Emerald pin and sent it to my kids (Nyah Nyah Nyah), I put in in a drawer. Did you feel motivated to try to reach the next level with RCL, or did you then start to explore other cruiselines? I have my first HAL cruise in 2 months and have tried Celebrity (1X), Carnival (7X), NCL (2X) and Princess (1X) over the last 20 years.

Thank you!

Well, I probably would not have booked a drink package! I do enjoy the time in the diamond lounge and the extra 3 drinks on my sea pass. We are now diamond plus - and there are perks at each level that you will enjoy - some are very subtle, but we embrace them;)

I'll be taking my first cruise as a Diamond member this summer (Oasis in a JS, solo). I've already paid for VOOM, a drink package and port parking, so I probably wouldn't use small discounts if available for any of those items. I was surprised to get my choice of early traditional dining, since on my recent cruises I ended up in My Time even though I booked nearly a year ahead.

What will be different as a Diamond member? Is check in or debarkation much different from Emerald? Will I get a different color sign and sail card (and does it mean anything?) Will there be a list of diamond benefits in the cabin? Do I get more than the can of soda and snack I earned with Emerald? Any tips on how to enjoy being Diamond? I understand from these boards that 2/3 of the passengers are also likely to be Diamond LOL. For me, it will be a big deal :D.

And what do you do with your Diamond pin? After I took a picture of my Emerald pin and sent it to my kids (Nyah Nyah Nyah), I put in in a drawer. Did you feel motivated to try to reach the next level with RCL, or did you then start to explore other cruiselines? I have my first HAL cruise in 2 months and have tried Celebrity (1X), Carnival (7X), NCL (2X) and Princess (1X) over the last 20 years.

Thank you!

The diamond line for checkin may or may not be shorter, it depends on who shows up when. No difference for debarkation. No difference in Seapass card. A list of Diamond benefits will be left in your room. Same can of soda and plate of cookies in your room as Emeralds get. No where near 2/3 of the ship will be Diamond. Enjoy the lounge and/or the 3 free drinks nightly between appx. 5:00 and 8:30.

As others have alluded to one of the key benefits/biggest differences with Emerald of Diamond is access to the Diamond Lounge. In the evenings it will be open from 4:30pm/5pm to 8pm/8:30pm depending on when traditional early and late dining start. You get unlimited drinks there. You'll also get vouchers for 3 free drinks each night that can be used at any bar while the Diamond Lounge is open. The vouchers are good for that day only and don't carry forward.

Diamond Lounge late afternoon/early evening with unlimited drinks, and canapés. Of course, it's very crowded.

Three drinks loaded on your card but they only get you drinks from a small menu allowed, not everything on offer at the bar. You cannot get these drinks in MDR or WJ, but at most bars in late afternoon early evening.

One free photo. You can pick from those on display in the photo area, so go ahead and mug for the camera, and if you see one you like, winner!

You can actually pre-order the stuff in the room. doesn't have to be soda, there are a few other choices. Check the c & a section, and you should see a place where you can choose a juice or water instead of soda.

And actually, I find having DIAMOND printed in capital letters on my card does get me more attentive and favourable service. You can't measure that, but I've noticed it.

Congrats to reaching Diamond! My last cruise was my first as Diamond and the only differences I noticed (and enjoyed!) was the happy hour period and the free picture. This was the first cruise where I took more pictures so I had a selection to choose from.

Already looking forward to the same perks on my next cruise. I don't foresee myself getting anywhere close to Diamond Plus so I'm looking at trying NCL or Celebrity in 2019 as my 2018 is already booked up.

We are not heavy drinkers and only have a few glasses of wine pre-dinner so the Diamond lounge is all we need. We have not ordered the drink packages. You will get one 24 hour period of free internet as one of your perks along with a discount on the stuff a bag laundry special. You will get one free photo in the photo shop. Besides the Diamond lounge, you will have 3 drink coupons loaded on your seapass to use at the same time as the Diamond lounge happy hours. So, if you are with non Diamond friends, you can enjoy a drink with them at one of the bars.

Thank you!

In addition to what others have replied - you can go to the D lounge in the morning for bkfast (no charge), (no hot items but on that class on one of my cruises I made friends with the waiter and he brought me oatmeal and of course I tipped extra...) When the espresso machine is working (no charge) you can access that all day (and night). There is a concierge in the D lounge who can assist you with dining and on board and shore reservations. Here is the link -http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Diamond

Thank you for the tips! I had bought a soda package, so the free drinks might be nice for a glass or two of wine. It's too bad that can't be used in the dining room though. The picture is a nice surprise, since I hadn't known about that!

Thank you!

I enjoy the Diamond Lounge for the coffee machine 24 hours a day. The lounge can be crowded during cocktail time...you learn to live with it or use the 3 drink coupons or some combo of both. The line to get on the ship sometimes is shorter, which is nice.

As far as the pin goes. I put it on my sun hat, along with the other pins that I have collected over time, for various reasons. We sail because we very much enjoy sailing, not to reach the next level. But when I get my D+ pin, it will join the other one on my sun hat.

I enjoy the Diamond Lounge for the coffee machine 24 hours a day. The lounge can be crowded during cocktail time...you learn to live with it or use the 3 drink coupons or some combo of both. The line to get on the ship sometimes is shorter, which is nice.

As far as the pin goes. I put it on my sun hat, along with the other pins that I have collected over time, for various reasons. We sail because we very much enjoy sailing, not to reach the next level. But when I get my D+ pin, it will join the other one on my sun hat.

Now that you mention it, I think they gave me the wrong pin, I thought the actual pin had a plastic Diamond in the center. I think they just gave me the plain old pin.

pins.jpg

Now that you mention it, I think they gave me the wrong pin, I thought the actual pin had a plastic Diamond in the center. I think they just gave me the plain old pin.

pins.jpg

We just leave our pins in the cabin,never use them.

love sailing with RCCL

As others have alluded to one of the key benefits/biggest differences with Emerald of Diamond is access to the Diamond Lounge. In the evenings it will be open from 4:30pm/5pm to 8pm/8:30pm depending on when traditional early and late dining start. You get unlimited drinks there. You'll also get vouchers for 3 free drinks each night that can be used at any bar while the Diamond Lounge is open. The vouchers are good for that day only and don't carry forward.

I am traveling this week; first time Diamond. My sister is with me and is platinum. Can she be admitted to Diamond lounge?

Can I give her any of my drink vouchers?

I am traveling this week; first time Diamond. My sister is with me and is platinum. Can she be admitted to Diamond lounge?

No, your sister will not be eligible for the Diamond Lounge. You cannot give others your vouchers, since they are electronic and attached to your SeaPass card. However, you can buy her drinks with your vouchers.

She can't join you in the DL, and you are not supposed to 'share your drink vouchers'.

One of the things we like that was mentioned a little above is the fact that the Diamond lounge is open all day. It has a cappacchino machine and depending on the ship, they will have snacks (such as cookies) out all day long. . It's a nice quiet place to read a book etc.. if you need some down time. Not mentioned is the fact that there are usually two computer terminals in there you can use to get caught up on emails or checking future cruises..

We always go to late MDR seating and take our last glass of wine with us to the dining room. I believe this is against policy but we have been able to do it on every cruise with no problems. In fact, the waitperson typically would overfill the glass when he/she knew we were leaving for the dining room.