Sunshine your time dining question

topspin1267

We are Platinum but this will be our first time on Sunshine. We always do YTD but I heard on Sunshine its a different process. You get your pager in 1 place and then go to the dining room, like on Vista. I know Vista does priority seating for Platinum and Diamond, does Sunshine?

Thanks

Nope, sorry. It's really easy on the Sunshine, though. Stop by the desk on deck 5 (right outside the lounge) and check in. We never had to wait. Just walk a few steps to the aft elevators and go down to 3, give them your ticket, and get seated.

Nope, sorry. It's really easy on the Sunshine, though. Stop by the desk on deck 5 (right outside the lounge) and check in. We never had to wait. Just walk a few steps to the aft elevators and go down to 3, give them your ticket, and get seated.

Ditto. It's super easy with check in on deck 5.

Just curious as Sunshine is the ONLY ship we've done ATD. How does it work on every other Carnival ship? Pardon my ignorance. :D

Ditto. It's super easy with check in on deck 5.

Just curious as Sunshine is the ONLY ship we've done ATD. How does it work on every other Carnival ship? Pardon my ignorance. :D

We're in the same situation. have only done Carnival YTD on Sunshine (incredibly easy). How does it work on other CCL ships?? in particular, Dream class? Sailing Magic for New Years.

On other ships you just go to the hostess stand at the dining room and they will seat you, just like in a restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked late and are waitlisted for YTD. Does anyone know what we should do to find out if we can be confirmed?

We did the same thing on a cruise early last month. When we arrived at the terminal and did the check in process and received our cards, we noticed that we had received the YTD. It was on our cards.

When we did YTD on Sunshine we were advised not to go to Deck 5 for check in, because of the priority seating. We go to the dining room and to the left ( line up usually to the right) and they seat us immediately ( Diamond) i am not sure about Platinum but i would guess yes.. someone else may know for sure...

Actually not only Sunshine, any ship... having said that, Sunshine is only time we have used it as the going to 5 and down to 3 i liked to avoid... all other ships we just got in line at dining room with all others... not in that big a hurry to eat! however, we could have gone to the front and got priority seating.

Platinum no, use to be yes. . Agree with you on waiting ,never have or would i be rude and walk in front of others.

Edited by BoDidly

We booked late and are waitlisted for YTD. Does anyone know what we should do to find out if we can be confirmed?

We went to the Your Time check in desk and requested to change our seating to Your Time. They put us on a list at that time. In appeared that if we hadn't gone to the desk, we might not have made the list.

Then we went to the dining room where Your Time typically dines and they said they could go ahead and seat us since they weren't busy. The next day we received a card in our room stating that we had been officially moved to YTD.

Good Luck. Be persistent! :)

We went to the Your Time check in desk and requested to change our seating to Your Time. They put us on a list at that time. In appeared that if we hadn't gone to the desk, we might not have made the list.

Then we went to the dining room where Your Time typically dines and they said they could go ahead and seat us since they weren't busy. The next day we received a card in our room stating that we had been officially moved to YTD.

Good Luck. Be persistent! :)

Thank you. We will try that. Where on Deck 5 is that check in desk located?

getting a ticket on deck 5 is a really dumb idea. Why can't they seat you like any other restaurant in the world? It seriously makes no sense.

It really does work smoothly. The stand on deck 5 where you check in is right next to the Ocean Plaza (which is right next to the elevator lobby) which has lots of comfortable, upholstered seating. It's a lot more comfortable than standing around a DR lobby waiting if the DR is busy.

On the Sunshine there is an additional dining room near the center of the ship - deck 3 - so picking up your seating assignment for YTD on deck 5 as opposed to at the aft DR entrance is more efficient.

And Yes, that center DR can and often does seat both YTD and Fixed seating based on my personal experience.