Get Well Soonest Don Horner

WesW

Hope Don does not mind me doing this, but just read the information

below on another CC thread. Our sincere wishes that you get

well soonest Don and that Betsy and you are soon on another Oceania

Cruise.

I have to check to paperwork when I get home. I'm currently in hospital, having had a minor stroke last Friday, and missed our sailing on Oceania Regatta yesterday. I think the doctors are going to recommend bed rest because they discovered a sizable clot this morning when they did an echo-gram, so we are also not going to be able to take the second leg we had booked, from Barcelona to Rome on April 4. __________________

...Don (& Betsy) Horner

don@hornerfamily.com

I have to check to paperwork when I get home. I'm currently in hospital, having had a minor stroke last Friday, and missed our sailing on Oceania Regatta yesterday. I think the doctors are going to recommend bed rest because they discovered a sizable clot this morning when they did an echo-gram, so we are also not going to be able to take the second leg we had booked, from Barcelona to Rome on April 4.

Dear Don and Betsy. Do we not know how fragile our lives are? Everyday is another beginning. As an occupational therapist who practices home health OT, I am glad to see the words "minor stroke" and know the clot is not unusual although frightening. When you are ready, I would feel priveleged to know what the symptoms are; esp, how is your mind/brain/coordination?

I send you love and healing thoughts

...Don (& Betsy) Horner

don@hornerfamily.com

Well, I'm pretty much over my burred spleech and my double double vision vision. I was pretty lightheaded and nauseous at the time, and had trouble with my balance, probably due to the vision vision. I messed up the Sunday sudoku puzzle, which is tough, but I got the easy Monday one. About the only remaining problems are a little tingling in my left arm and hand, and I have to think a little harder to avoid tupoes in my tuping. Of course, there is that stupid clot and one doctor's insistence that I remain at complete bed rest...

By the way, Betsy is a home health physical therapist -- you two will get along great as soon as you get done splitting up the body...;)

that I remain at complete bed rest...

By the way, Betsy is a home health physical therapist -- you two will get along great as soon as you get done splitting up the body...;)

what a wonderful companion, hello Betsy!!

you coud not be in better hands (ofcourse OT is more daily activities and I encourage you to do simple word puzzles, etc.)

Seems like you will be just fine. Are you doing some mild UE excersises (since you cannot to jumpting jacks at this time!)

I am happy to hear from you. Bravo. He who followis the HEP (home exercise program) comes out first.

BTW my father in law had a moderate CVA and he taught many therapist's new exercises because he was/is quite creative. like baking hollowieen cookies and using poker chiips for hand dexterity. Use your wonderful imagination.....practice what is weak

So sorry to hear the ship had to sail without you. Most important that you take it one day at a time, and pretty soon you'll be outta that bed and ready to go cruisin' again.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jacquie

Don, though a cruise is a great place to relax and rejuvenate, home is the best place to recuperate. I have no doubt that you will be back on a ship as soon as you are given the medical clearance. Best wishes to both you and Betsy.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

It is most important that you observe that bedrest so you will be fit as a fiddle for our Maiden Voyage. We are looking forward to meeting you.

Sounds like you have been lucky in that you have received a warning and can get treatment to ward off more serious problems. DH is a physiatrist so it sounds like we have all the specialties you will need covered!

Mo

Well, I'm pretty much over my burred spleech and my double double vision vision. I was pretty lightheaded and nauseous at the time, and had trouble with my balance, probably due to the vision vision. I messed up the Sunday sudoku puzzle, which is tough, but I got the easy Monday one. About the only remaining problems are a little tingling in my left arm and hand, and I have to think a little harder to avoid tupoes in my tuping. Of course, there is that stupid clot and one doctor's insistence that I remain at complete bed rest...

Don - great to see your post today! Best wishes! Hi to Betsy. Get better quickly! Patty and Bill

Archived