St Maarten

cruzingduo

I've heard that the dock is opened. We are scheduled to be there Jan 3. I understand that Celebrity has postponed St Maarten arrivals until Mid January. The link in post 5 notes an alternate beach to Orient Beach however, if I read the article correctly, it appears there a only 4 vendors allowed to set up 50 chairs each. Not a lot of chairs for the number of folks who might want to go to the beach.

M

What about Maho beach?

The web cams at Sunset Beach Bar are not functioning yet. I'm guessing that means they could still be without power? That also leads me to believe that the beach is not ready for tourists yet. This is only an assumption on my part.

What about Maho beach?

The web cams at Sunset Beach Bar are not functioning yet. I'm guessing that means they could still be without power? That also leads me to believe that the beach is not ready for tourists yet. This is only an assumption on my part.

Sunset Beach Bar was open 2 weeks ago when we were there, as is the bar at the other end of Maho, the beach is clean but a lot of the sand has gone, so there are exposed rocks up near the road. I remember it being the same around 2005 or so.

Interesting, I wonder if Grandeur will cancel too.

RCI's website, for what it is worth, had a statement that Oasis class ships would not be returning until January in order to finish repairs the infrastructure that is in place on the pier to accommodate the ships. I suspect that means the building that contain the machines for security screening.

RCI's website, for what it is worth, had a statement that Oasis class ships would not be returning until January in order to finish repairs the infrastructure that is in place on the pier to accommodate the ships. I suspect that means the building that contain the machines for security screening.

Missed that, thanks for the catch.

Hi Cruiser; Just to advise the camera at Maho Beach started to function 16 days ago but since the accident at the fence line PTZtv site is only showing princess Julianna airport and not the approach or fence. Showing radar approach. The camera for A C WATHEY PIER ( Cruise terminal ) is still down at Great Bay. Bob

We are on Grandeur leaving on Thursday and are scheduled to be in St Maarten Tuesday the 26th. It was originally scheduled for Friday the 29th, but they swapped days with St John's Antiqua due to the high volume of cruise traffic. We did notice some of the tours we had looked at before were no longer on the list (we assume due to hurricane damage) but we are excited to head out and see how they fared!

We were there yesterday. You can still see damage everywhere. It was a Sunday so not much was open. And it rained most of the day. But it was nice to be back. But has a long way to go, to be back to the way it was. Some people went to maho and said the bar was open. And planes were landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there yesterday. You can still see damage everywhere. It was a Sunday so not much was open. And it rained most of the day. But it was nice to be back. But has a long way to go, to be back to the way it was. Some people went to maho and said the bar was open. And planes were landing.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.