Cruise Director Lisa Ball

cruze610

Does anyone know if the current CD on Ruby- Lisa Ball will still be on in March? We will be sailing on Ruby March 13th and have heard a lot of not so favorable reviews of her as a CD. Just wondering if she will still be there in March and if not, does anyone know who the new CD will be while she is on vacation?

I agree with PA, I didn't think she was that bad either. The worst thing I thought about her was that her "enthusiasm" came across as rather "forced".

Of course, the CD is rather far down on my list of priorities of what makes a good cruise.

What I like in a cruise director has nothing to do with their ability to host a program. I like a varied program that provides lots of different things to do both during the day and in the evening. I like the scheduled programs to run on time. I appreciate an entertainment staff that is upbeat and at least seems like they are having fun. How the morning TV show goes makes no difference to me as we don't watch it. I like the patters to be correct. I've had a few CD's who told funny jokes but every activity including the main evening shows started 5 to 10 minutes late. I would skip the jokes and have the schedule on time. I think Lisa Ball is fine.

Does anyone know if the current CD on Ruby- Lisa Ball will still be on in March? We will be sailing on Ruby March 13th and have heard a lot of not so favorable reviews of her as a CD. Just wondering if she will still be there in March and if not, does anyone know who the new CD will be while she is on vacation?

hope this helps.

http://********************blog/2010/02/17/a-casual-conversation-with-the-crown-princess-cruise-director/

Sorry the link won.t paste.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Go Seahawks

Edited by landnsea

She was the CD on our Ruby cruise. She is well dressed and well spoken, and in my opinion will only appeal to an older crowd. She does not add any excitement to the cruise, and unfortunately, her team follows in her footsteps.

Of my 8 cruises, I can say that only 2 of the CDs were memorable....so I don't exect much anymore.

That being said, what are the reasonable expectations of a CD? I read the post where a CD gave a breakdown of his day, and it showed how much time they need to put in each day...not an easy job.

For me, the CD on my first cruise was so good and had an amazing team, that it gave me an expectation for every cruise there after. On my third cruise the CD was also great.....but none of the others or their teams have even been close. Perhaps one should not expect so much from the CD, and I just had a real good first cruise.

Edited by lor74

I liked Lisa Ball. She came to our meet and greet and was great. She gave us her time when she was so busy. I thought she was genuinely nice. I think anyone would have to 'force' their good mood when you have to be 'on' 24/7.

Is anyone aware about how much flexibility a CD has beyond when to schedule events?

Does the Princess entertainment department determine a core of activities & give the CD some latitude to plan other activities?

I wonder how much of it is the CD & how much of it is the home office? :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'd be interested in knowing what it is that folks are looking for in a cruise director. I don't know this gal . . . but obviously some folks love her and others were disappointed. Beyond "different strokes for different folks" . . . and beyond just personality differences . . . beyond fashion sense . . . what makes a good CD? Regards, Richard

Edited by Richard in Panama

She was the CD on our Ruby cruise. She is well dressed and well spoken, and in my opinion will only appeal to an older crowd. She does not add any excitement to the cruise, and unfortunately, her team follows in her footsteps.

Of my 8 cruises, I can say that only 2 of the CDs were memorable....so I don't exect much anymore.

I agree about the older crowd and Lisa. I talked my 28 year old teacher daughter and a few of her friends into moving over to Princess and they were quite dissappointed with her. None of these girls were new to cruising, but they felt a little let down by the activities on thier 7 day Ruby trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that Lisa is getting a bad rap here. I'm just ready to leave Ruby Princess and she has done a great job. The island night was the best yet and she had a good line up of talent onboard. What is the problem with her? Is it just that she isn't a guy?

I feel that Lisa is getting a bad rap here. I'm just ready to leave Ruby Princess and she has done a great job. The island night was the best yet and she had a good line up of talent onboard. What is the problem with her? Is it just that she isn't a guy?

I agree. Lisa is freindly, helpful, and personable. The entertainment on our Ruby cruise was pretty good (would have liked a live band more regularly in Explorers but not sure if that's Lisa's call). I wonder if the younger folks who did not like Lisa were Carnival regulars. I have a general dislike for the "in your face" and quite obnoxious Carnival cruise directors. I'll take Lisa any day. I would have no problem if she would be the cruise director on our next cruise (probably British Isles in 2012, assuming that will be the Crown Princess and probably not Lisa).

If you read cruise critic for a while, you really wonder why anyone

cruises on princess.

Name nearly any cruise director here, and a couple people will post

how they hate them, and they are the worst cruise director they

have ever seen.

Name any entertainer, and a few people will post how they hope

they are never on the same ship with them again.

Anytime dining? People will post how they had an awful experience,

had to wait, and are going back to traditional.

Beds? Way too hard, even with a topper.

So, to me, the only opinion of a cruise director that matters is

mine. If I listened to the opinions here, I'd just stay home.

back to trad

Lisa came to our Roll Call get together on Ruby. Thought she was very nice. That was such a port intensive cruise, we really did not pay much attention at all to what was going on in the ship.

The Med is a great cruise, but a very busy one.

We are in the airport after just leaving the ruby I was a harsh critic of Lisa because of last years cruise when she refused to show the NFL games due to the fairness of other passengers so she said,well this cruise she showed them all and really was quite nice to everyone.SO don't worry be happy she did a great job yes she does not have a really bubbly personality but she is okay

she refused to show the NFL games due to the fairness of other passengers so she said,well this cruise she showed them all and really was quite nice to everyone.

This is not a choice of the CD to show or not to show . . . it depends if the cruise line forks out the money (lots of it!) to have the rights to show a particular game.

Regards, Richard

We have sailed with Lisa before and enjoyed her enthusiasm and hard work. She was always on, maybe too perky for some but I believe thats just the way she is. Never saw her big time a passenger or act condesending towards one.

I really don't understand why cruisers get hung up on who the cruise director is.