Sip and Sail is back beginning 6/21/16!

MCC retired

We just upgraded 3 future cruises to include the Sip/Sail at $0 cost! although not HUGE drinkers the specialty coffee alone (we spend at least $15per day each) is a big bonus - and now we can enjoy some wine/cocktails in the evening, on our way to beautiful Hawaii at Christmas! thank you PRINCESS!

Edited by califgary

I called today (original booking through internet cruise agency) to see if I could get the sip and sail. Was told the category I was in was no longer available (in an aft balcony) and the only way to get the drinks package was to cancel and rebook in a lower category. I asked could they cancel and rebook cabin I have and was told that no, it would then end up going to whoever might be wait listed for this cabin. Would sure love to get the package but don't want to lose my cabin. Am I just out of luck?

Edited by lakegirl16

I called today (original booking through internet cruise agency) to see if I could get the sip and sail. Was told the category I was in was no longer available (in an aft balcony) and the only way to get the drinks package was to cancel and rebook in a lower category. I asked could they cancel and rebook cabin I have and was told that no, it would then end up going to whoever might be wait listed for this cabin. Would sure love to get the package but don't want to lose my cabin. Am I just out of luck?

We just had the package added to our cruise and the other two couples cruising with us for our Mar 2018 cruise we booked last month. When I contacted my TA I was told they had to have cabins in our category available (aft balcony) which they did, and that if there had been a price increase since we booked we could be charged a higher price - there wasn't. So we got the package added at no cost.

Sounds Iike you need a better TA...

I had the same thing explained to me by a supervisor at Princess. If there is a waiting list for your category then it won't work ... you'll have to book down to the next available category. If it is all booked up but there is no waiting list for your category you might get away with cancelling and rebooking. Next I heard they are going to restrict the sales to first time bookings ... meaning cancelling and rebooking to make a "new" booking as a means of getting the sale won't work.

Basically Princess - as well as all of the other cruise lines - are beginning to tighten up the loop holes people have found as ways to exploit price changes, etc. Nothing against the passengers, just a sign of the economic times.

We just had the package added to our cruise and the other two couples cruising with us for our Mar 2018 cruise we booked last month. When I contacted my TA I was told they had to have cabins in our category available (aft balcony) which they did, and that if there had been a price increase since we booked we could be charged a higher price - there wasn't. So we got the package added at no cost.

Same thing for us!

• 11 months later...
there is now a 15 drink per person per day limit

Where are you finding the info on the limit? I thought I read something on cruise critic that said it was a limit of 12 drinks. But I'm not finding anything on the Princess site as far as a number.

I had the same thing explained to me by a supervisor at Princess. If there is a waiting list for your category then it won't work ... you'll have to book down to the next available category. If it is all booked up but there is no waiting list for your category you might get away with cancelling and rebooking. Next I heard they are going to restrict the sales to first time bookings ... meaning cancelling and rebooking to make a "new" booking as a means of getting the sale won't work.

This may explain why we had to change cabins to get s&s added to our cruise next April. I am wondering about the bolded comment. I usually book all our cruises and I have noticed that all the info (invoices, itinerary, ship account, etc) use my name for both me and DH. Would it count as a first booking if DH booked the same cruise to get a deal? Then we could cancel the one in my name. Our last names are different if that helps. Just speculating on what might be done, no plan to ever do it.

Thanks

ML

I love having the all inclusive beverage package but have only gotten it while sailing on Celebrity.

Don't get me wrong, I also like sailing on Princess, but their prices during the sip and sail promo are outrageous. I've always felt as though I could do better by buying the beverage package outright than paying the jacked up prices just to have my drinks included.

Has anyone had a different experience on this?? Maybe it is just the cruises I am looking at. I have gotten some great deals on Celebrity that already include the beverage package. :confused:

I have had the same experience in the past when Princess has offered the sip and sail. At the time Celebrity had a similar itinerary and they were offering go best if you booked concierge class and above for the same price as the cheapest balcony on Princess with sip and sail. This time I managed to book a Princess cruise that was newly launched so I received that discount plus the sip and sale. I checked an on line cruise price tracker and at this time my price is lowest that was offered in my room category. Also the price seemed to be more in line with what I was used to seeing on Princess.

Hi all!! I had a quick question about S & S...is fountain pop included? Or would we still have to purchase the Soda & More on top of the Beverage package? Thanks!! :)

S&S includes fountain drinks, coffee and bottled water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all!! I had a quick question about S & S...is fountain pop included? Or would we still have to purchase the Soda & More on top of the Beverage package? Thanks!! :)

All beverages that cost $10 and under are included, so this would include soda, both fountain nozzles and cans.