Sip and Sail is back beginning 6/21/16!

MCC retired

Their prices will be exactly the same as Princess prices.

What is special about their one day sale is:

o $200/person deposit instead of normal deposit amount

o A coupon book with up to $650 in savings on board (valued at $0.00 by most people)

That certainly has been our experience with the coupon books.

this promo is only for cruises starting May 1/17 to spring of 2018.

cruises for this yr don't qualify

I thought so too, then looked at the lead sheet...our April 8, 2017 TA is on the list, and our agent told us we will be able to keep our FCC deposit and OBC when we rebook to take advantage of the sale! Yippee!!:D

Ha...I just got so excited when I saw that the price on the sheet for Sip n Sail was actually LOWER than the price I currently have for my Dec 2017 booking. Then I realised that the pricing on the sheet is in US and my pricing is in Canadian...DOH!

Still, works out about the same price so will likely switch over to Sip n Sail next week!!!:p

A fact that you need to keep in mind when looking at the fare sheet for the Sip & Sail promotion is that those prices are for the least desirable category within each cabin type.

Sip + Sail (June 21 - August, 2016)

The best all-inclusive beverage package at sea is back! All destinations including Land & Sea Vacations, 6-49 days, sailing Summer 2017 - Spring 2018 on sale! FREE All-Inclusive Beverage Package‡ for two when booking a Balcony, Mini-Suite or Suite Stateroom! PLUS, 3rd and 4th guests will receive FREE Unlimited Soda & More Packages‡ when booking a Balcony, Mini-Suite or Suite Stateroom! FREE specialty dining† for ALL guests in their stateroom, when you book a Mini-Suite or Suite - valid only for the first two weeks of the event!

We booked for this Dec when they had that sale the last time. Great price on the cruise for a balcony PLUS the free bev pkg. Awesome!!

Our next cruise is in March 2017, which is too early to be included in the new promotion.

Does anyone know if the current promo for free gratuities will still be offered for cruises ineligible for the new Sip & Sail promo?

I also have a March, 2017 cruise booked and I asked my TA the same question. She checked and said that if we rebooked for the Red, White & Blue sale we could get the free gratuities (worth $223.20), but would have to give up the $300 OBC we got when we booked. Obviously, not worth it.

My husband and I have a 2017 cruise booked with a Princess vacation planner, but he is away until the beginning of July. We are booked in a mini suite and I would prefer to keep the cabin that we have. Will another Princess rep be able to add the sip and sail on or will the booking have to be cancelled and re-booked?

My husband and I have a 2017 cruise booked with a Princess vacation planner, but he is away until the beginning of July. We are booked in a mini suite and I would prefer to keep the cabin that we have. Will another Princess rep be able to add the sip and sail on or will the booking have to be cancelled and re-booked?

The last time the Sip and Sail promo started, we too had an existing booking. There was no price change. I simply called up Princess and they added the promo without fuss. Took two minutes.

Just received the farechart from my TA which shows which cruises will be included as well as the lead in prices.

Thank you for posting that. It looks like our cabin category on the Regal in October 2017 will be going up $50/person. I'll definitely be calling Tuesday!:)

The last time the Sip and Sail promo started, we too had an existing booking. There was no price change. I simply called up Princess and they added the promo without fuss. Took two minutes.

Great! Thanks very much. I was hoping that I could just call and add it on. I didn't want to wait for him to get back in July, but I didn't want to take the cruise away from him either.

Great! Thanks very much. I was hoping that I could just call and add it on. I didn't want to wait for him to get back in July, but I didn't want to take the cruise away from him either.

If you have a princess vacation planner their name is attached to your current bookings and all future bookings you do through Princess. They will receive credit. That is how it has worked for us as long a you do not book on line but through a person.

Edited by cruiser113

A drinks package!:eek:

the last time I was considering a Princess cruise there was talk about Celebrity offering a drinks package and the posts here were that Princess would NEVER do something like that. Princess cruisers were not drinkers like Celebrity cruisers were.

Sorry for bringing that up. I just have a good memory (about certain things).

Anyway, I'm going to look tomorrow.;)

My wife and I were a bit disappointed that the early 2017 cruises we were considering aren't on the list but, after going over what is on the list I think I'll be contacting our TA on the morning of the 21st. The price doesn't seem to be any higher on that "leaked" list than what I saw yesterday. Of course they may have gone ahead and bumped the pricing in advance but one just doesn't know. It's certainly not an inexpensive cruise. The purchase price of the AIBP for the cruise we are looking at is crazy expensive. If we can book the cruise at the listed price with the AIBP included we will likely jump on it. The cruise isn't until October of next year but should be worth the wait. :)

One of our booked cruises is on the list and one isn't. IF we cancel and rebook our MEXICO 10-day, our price will jump from $2,200 to $3,700[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] plus, we are already getting $600 OBC and don't drink enough to justify the cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

One of our booked cruises is on the list and one isn't. IF we cancel and rebook our MEXICO 10-day, our price will jump from $2,200 to $3,700[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] plus, we are already getting $600 OBC and don't drink enough to justify the cost.

You would have to be nuts to take the offer under those circumstances. We have passed up a ton of "sales" and "special deals" for that same reason. You are wise to take a pass on this one.

Ha...I just got so excited when I saw that the price on the sheet for Sip n Sail was actually LOWER than the price I currently have for my Dec 2017 booking. Then I realised that the pricing on the sheet is in US and my pricing is in Canadian...DOH!

Still, works out about the same price so will likely switch over to Sip n Sail next week!!!:p

:p I did the same exact thing. Glad I was not the only one.

I am curious is that the same category that you already have booked? I am also looking at a 10 day Mexican Riviera in the Spring of 2018. As of yesterday the base price for a balcony was around $3500/cabin. Are those inflated prices because of the upcoming promotion or did you just happen to get an incredible deal prior? Thank you for any info that you can give me.

This is probably a dumb question. How can you tell what exchange they are charging for the CAD price?

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe when they are showing you the price in CAD, that if the cents part of your cost is .80 then it's 1.20 that you are being charged. Same with .70 then 1.30.

For some reason I remember seeing someone mention that cruise critic before and when I just checked my current cruise that I booked last year, it ends in .80 and I know the rate is 1.20 since I can buy $100 obc right now for $120 cad.

Maybe someone else can confirm??

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe when they are showing you the price in CAD, that if the cents part of your cost is .80 then it's 1.20 that you are being charged. Same with .70 then 1.30.

For some reason I remember seeing someone mention that cruise critic before and when I just checked my current cruise that I booked last year, it ends in .80 and I know the rate is 1.20 since I can buy $100 obc right now for $120 cad.

Maybe someone else can confirm??

Yes that makes sense. The cruise we booked last year ended with .80. The cruise we booked for next year the price ends witjh .70.

Good to know.