Sip and Sail is back beginning 6/21/16!

MCC retired

Interesting comment about Celebrity's prices. We certainly haven't found that. I was comparing 10 day Caribbean cruises today for Spring 2018. Princess was about $500 more pp and didn't include the beverage package that X did. We just booked for Hawaii 2017 on X and it was barely more than 2 years ago on the same itinerary.

Okay, I just did a mock comparison for spring 2018 as well, and the Princess prices are WAY pricier that X's [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Wow! $5,300 for a 10-day on Princess for Deluxe balcony vs. $4,700 for AQ on X, and at least on X you get the all-inclusive beverage perk or $300 OBC The site I checked was offering only $60 OBC on Princess, or perhaps that $5,300 inflated price is in anticipation of the Sip and Sail? All I know is I used to get great pricing on X and haven't been able to reap the benefit since 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, I just did a mock comparison for spring 2018 as well, and the Princess prices are WAY pricier that X's [emoji79][emoji79][emoji79][emoji79]

Wow! $5,300 for a 10-day on Princess for Deluxe balcony vs. $4,700 for AQ on X, and at least on X you get the all-inclusive beverage perk or $300 OBC The site I checked was offering only $60 OBC on Princess, or perhaps that $5,300 inflated price is in anticipation of the Sip and Sail? All I know is I used to get great pricing on X and haven't been able to reap the benefit since 2014

I think you will find it just depends on the specific cruise and when you book it....our X 7 day cruise to Alaska last week was $1599 pp for Concierge Class with the drink package, Gratuities paid AND $525 of OBC for each of the 2 weeks we booked...if you do the math the cruise price then drops WAYYYY down, a great deal....we booked about a year ago but 2 months ago it was priced at $1799 with $300 OBC and nothing more......its all about the deals....

I think you will find it just depends on the specific cruise and when you book it....our X 7 day cruise to Alaska last week was $1599 pp for Concierge Class with the drink package, Gratuities paid AND $525 of OBC for each of the 2 weeks we booked...if you do the math the cruise price then drops WAYYYY down, a great deal....we booked about a year ago but 2 months ago it was priced at $1799 with $300 OBC and nothing more......its all about the deals....

That's exactly why we've jumped ship for the next 3 cruises - and the itineraries just aren't offered by Princess either.

Help! Thanks for the tip that we'll need to search online for any planned cruises fitting the Sip sale. We are now Platinum level and should automatically receive a cruise atlas each year. Please, experienced cruisers when does Princess mail the new cruise atlas to customers? I notice it is NOT YET listed among the brochures one can order. When??

That was an exceptional deal that X was offering around the time you booked. I do recall a time when you could get two and sometimes ALL three perks, but that has not been my experience, unfortunately, since 2014. You're right, Sheriff Joe, it really is all about timing and deals. For example, right now X has great pricing for European cruises. But I am afraid that Princess might start price gouging once these Sip and Sail "specials" start. It is really just about knowing your prices and what you're willing to pay. For us, the all inclusive drink thing is a waste since at most we might drink an average of two cocktails per day, are fine drinking the free coffee from the dispensers in the HC and never drink fruit smoothies or any of those other included aperitifs

Edited by 4cats4me

Help! Thanks for the tip that we'll need to search online for any planned cruises fitting the Sip sale. We are now Platinum level and should automatically receive a cruise atlas each year. Please, experienced cruisers when does Princess mail the new cruise atlas to customers? I notice it is NOT YET listed among the brochures one can order. When??

Lately it has been in September or October.

If anyone wants to knows all the ins and outs of this promotion, go here:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/SipSailSaleOverviewFAQ.pdf

I see that if you do not drink, you will receive an OBC of up to $250 depending on the length of the cruise. That's $500 for two people and we usually purchase the wine package, that's $333.50 for $10 bottles of wine. Our cruises are typically over 10 days so we would qualify for the $250. Lots of info at the link above. I think we'll go for the OBC, we don't drink hard liquor.

Thank you for the link. However according to the overview, it appears that this offer is not open to British or other European residents, or indeed anyone other than US, Canadian, Puerto Rican and a couple of other countries. That isn't going to boost any sales this side of the pond! At least X include everyone in their offers! This feels very discriminatory to me.

Thank you for the link. However according to the overview, it appears that this offer is not open to British or other European residents, or indeed anyone other than US, Canadian, Puerto Rican and a couple of other countries. That isn't going to boost any sales this side of the pond! At least X include everyone in their offers! This feels very discriminatory to me.

Sharton not discriminatory at all. It's not uncommon to see discounts offered to certain states or to military folks, and they may offer a different sale to Europeans only at some time.

Edited by blue_water

Typical Princess. :mad: Again other are being discriminated against with this package and if you are not from America or Canada bad luck you pay more. This is a common practice with Princess as we have cruised with them for many years. Very seldom have we or do we received special promos. Our fares are always higher. We are cruising with them next year and miss out again. So maybe I will have to adjust the Tips to make up for it. Yes I know its not fair on the staff and its not their fault but why should other pay more!! Princess , Wake Up To Yourselves. Treat everyone equality.

Typical Princess. :mad: Again other are being discriminated against with this package and if you are not from America or Canada bad luck you pay more. This is a common practice with Princess as we have cruised with them for many years. Very seldom have we or do we received special promos. Our fares are always higher. We are cruising with them next year and miss out again. So maybe I will have to adjust the Tips to make up for it. Yes I know its not fair on the staff and its not their fault but why should other pay more!! Princess , Wake Up To Yourselves. Treat everyone equality.

I couldn't agree more. We pay higher fares, for less flexible bookings - and we don't even get to drown our sorrows onboard for free! :mad:

If you rebook to get this deal do I keep my room and dining? I will be on the Island and don't want to lose my confirmed early traditional seating.

If your agent handles it properly, you should be able to keep your cabin and dining.

If your agent says you cannot keep it, speak with a different agent.

If your agent handles it properly, you should be able to keep your cabin and dining.

If your agent says you cannot keep it, speak with a different agent.

you can definitly keep your original cabin/dining i have done it many times on my own without a TA -Now depending on pricing and offerrings you may have to deal with increased prices etc. depends on what you can carry over from original booking.

I'll just have to see what happens to pricing. There is a 10 day Mexico cruise out of SF January 24. Currently a balcony is priced from $1,299.00. I'll see how much it is when the Sip-n-Sail promo goes into place. I'm guessing it will be higher.

I'll just have to see what happens to pricing. There is a 10 day Mexico cruise out of SF January 24. Currently a balcony is priced from $1,299.00. I'll see how much it is when the Sip-n-Sail promo goes into place. I'm guessing it will be higher.

We've locked down a mini-suite for 1849 in Feb 2018. At least we know we will pay that at a minimum - now we'll see what happens when the Sip-Sail kicks in.

Thanks for posting.

My lead in price is also identical, tho my TA got me a bit better. Nice of them to not raise all the prices before a promo, like RCCL does.

Now the real magic will come if she can get me double OBC (instead of the AIBC) since I am sailing solo in a balcony, and thus paying double.

That would be $500 OBC; I can buy a lot of lattes and martinis for $500, should I so choose.