Sip and Sail is back beginning 6/21/16!

MCC retired

I too was a little worried on my Celebrity cruise we just finished as almost everyone had a promo drink package but it was no problem....maybe cause they don't need to come back or wait for your signature it speeds up the service.....and once our bartender/server knew what we were drinking they just keep em coming...also the sommelier in the MDR, they just keep filling up your wine glass as fast as you drink it....hopefully Princess will be the same!

It does say ALL summer 2017-Spring 2018... so our Alaska May 2017 is included.

Looks like they are offering $150 OBC if you don't want to take the package.

We already booked 2 balconies using our FCC, any idea if that can be applied to the $100 deposit and still be refundable so we can continue watching sales as the cruise approaches?

So it says ALL...I do no last promo they did have exceptions.....and limits on each sailing and CAT

Edited by land lover

I have 2 cruises booked during this time frame. A couple of questions:

1) On one booking we have a full suite, which already gets a free dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation night. Will we then get a second specialty dinner thru the Sip & Sail?

2) It says that you have to rebook to get the Sip & Sail perks, but on my other booking we're in a minisuite and they're all sold out, plus we really want the one we have. Will I lose my cabin if I try to get this new sale?

3) Only 1 of 4 people in the minisuite drinks alcohol, but I think they're listed as the 3rd person. How can I make her the second person? Can my TA do that? If not, can one of the other of us just buy her a drink with our package?

Regarding your #2 keeping the same cabin. We have done re-bookings before and have always been able to keep the cabin we already had! Im counting on that myself as we have our favorite cabins reserved already.

Hi! So, when do we find out what cruises Princess offers "from Summer 2017 - Spring 2018"? My cruise atlas only displays cruises through Spring 2017!

Something critical is missing friends.

Only thing missing is the new atlas for the latest itineraries you'll have to search the web

When I saw this, without reading closely, I printed off all the TA's possible in April, May 3017. My wife picked a couple and I thought Now all I have to do is wait for the sale to start.

It was not until I came to my senses this AM that I realized that the TA's would not fit in the time frame:mad:

Back to the drawing board.

Aren't trans-Atlantics in the fall and spring? Couldn't you go in the fall of 2017 or spring of 2018?

Seems I remember sailing to Europe in April or May and from Europe in November.

Hmm... We're off to Alaska in two weeks. Perhaps a New Year's cruise would be nice. :) I'll watch and see what's available. The last time I checked out one of these they jacked the prices up big time for the "sale" and promotion. Still.... :D

Aren't trans-Atlantics in the fall and spring? Couldn't you go in the fall of 2017 or spring of 2018?

Seems I remember sailing to Europe in April or May and from Europe in November.

That is a likely choice but always ready for the next cruise to be sooner than later :D Got back from 28 days "Down Under' on April 1st and saw a cruise leaving in two weeks so booked that one. A few more already booked for this year but have not started on next year yet-Thought this might be just the ticket to start next year:)

Thanks for posting the details from your TA:)

Yes, thank-you for the details. I had a question and it was answered in the pdf. I wish they would post all the info for those of us that book directly.

Yes, thank-you for the details. I had a question and it was answered in the pdf. I wish they would post all the info for those of us that book directly.

I had missed the pdf so, because of your post, I went back up and looked for it. Very informative! Many thanks for drawing this to my attention. I probably missed it earlier due to posting at work. Sometimes work can get in the way of my Cruise Critic action. :rolleyes:

(Fortunately I only have one more week to work and then... RETIREMENT! :D:D:D)

I had missed the pdf so, because of your post, I went back up and looked for it. Very informative! Many thanks for drawing this to my attention. I probably missed it earlier due to posting at work. Sometimes work can get in the way of my Cruise Critic action. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your Retirement!!!

Congratulations on your retirement! Now you will have time for more cruising. My DH announced to Yoyo and I today that he is officially retired. We shall see.

From what I can see, last year's promo wasn't "for new bookings only". Do you know if that will be the case this year?

If anyone wants to knows all the ins and outs of this promotion, go here:

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/SipSailSaleOverviewFAQ.pdf

I see that if you do not drink, you will receive an OBC of up to $250 depending on the length of the cruise. That's $500 for two people and we usually purchase the wine package, that's $333.50 for $10 bottles of wine. Our cruises are typically over 10 days so we would qualify for the $250. Lots of info at the link above. I think we'll go for the OBC, we don't drink hard liquor.

Edited by elliair

Just switch guests 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 if your all staying in the same room so the appropriate guests have the drink package

Unfortunately we have shipboard credits and onboard booking credits that I don't believe will apply if we move ourselves to passengers 3 and 4. :-/

It seems to me they could swap the sticker on the cards.... I just don't know if they will. I'm also not convinced that the onboard credit they are offering in exchange is worth passing up the drink packages either.

Patty

We had the Sip&Sail and were in a suite --- yes, we got a 2nd free specialty restaurant dinner in addition to the free one suites get on the 1st night. We got a card in our suite assigning us to a date and time later in the cruise, were able to change the time with no problem and just chose the other specialty for our 1st night dinner.

The promotion was a good deal for us. It was an almost $1400 value for the two of us for our 12 day cruise, and the prices for our cabin only went up after we booked. Plus, we have had the Premium package on Celebrity and really liked the ease of it, no slips to sign and a chance to try things we otherwise probably wouldn't. Others may find it less attractive, but remember that it includes all drinks except room service, mini bar and bottles of wine --- specialty coffees, bottled water, sodas, fresh squeezed juices and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting. There are a couple of very high end liquors onboard that would not be covered, but they are few and far between, Even single malt scotches were in the price range.

We are going to hold on to what we originally booked on Leap Day. We already are getting $400

OBC for a 7-day, the cruise has since gone up $300, I expect it to increase significantly after this sip and sail promo, and we can't drink enough to justify the extra cost. We are already happy with the BOGO martinis every day at Crooners from 3-4 and from 11-12:00 midnight at the nightclub, and with our free Elite bar setup and the cheap drinks at the Platinum/Elite lounge

We haven't been back on X since they started this all-inclusive booze stuff and increased their prices by 50% from the 2013/2014 prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We are going to hold on to what we originally booked on Leap Day. We already are getting $400

OBC for a 7-day, the cruise has since gone up $300, I expect it to increase significantly after this sip and sail promo, and we can't drink enough to justify the extra cost. We are already happy with the BOGO martinis every day at Crooners from 3-4 and from 11-12:00 midnight at the nightclub, and with our free Elite bar setup and the cheap drinks at the Platinum/Elite lounge

We haven't been back on X since they started this all-inclusive booze stuff and increased their prices by 50% from the 2013/2014 prices.

Interesting comment about Celebrity's prices. We certainly haven't found that. I was comparing 10 day Caribbean cruises today for Spring 2018. Princess was about $500 more pp and didn't include the beverage package that X did. We just booked for Hawaii 2017 on X and it was barely more than 2 years ago on the same itinerary.

Interesting comment about Celebrity's prices. We certainly haven't found that. I was comparing 10 day Caribbean cruises today for Spring 2018. Princess was about $500 more pp and didn't include the beverage package that X did. We just booked for Hawaii 2017 on X and it was barely more than 2 years ago on the same itinerary.

We actually prefer X but it just is too much for us now.

I just checked again this morning

And the same category (Aqua) that we used to book for $3,100-3,200 per couple for a 10-day cruise is now $4,700, and that has been the case since after April 2014 when they started heavily promoting the drinks included package. With our $3,200 rate it included $300 OBC

Two years ago AQ was $4,300 and now it is $4,700

I was able to find a price recently that was without any perks and AQ was still $3,900, $700 more than the cruise three years ago, so for that $700 extra, we buy our airfare instead, so for us personally, we have benefited from Princess's pricing the last couple years

Edited by 4cats4me