Sip and Sail is back beginning 6/21/16!

MCC retired

Got 2 cabins booked under Sip and Sail on the same sailing. Is that bad, uncouth, uncivilized, or tacky? I just can decide on which cabin to book, so I booked them both while I decide. Used FCC's on refundable bookings.

I just checked our Japan N. Pacific Crossing and our balcony went down $50pp under this promotion. We are already booked so I'll call when Princess opens to get the promo and the refare on the cabin plus the OBC. Very nice!

I sure wish the OBC in lieu of the drink package was better, though. On our 16 day cruise, the drink package has a "value" of almost $900 but we get only $250 OBC. I fully understand that the cost to Princess of the drink package is way under $900, but it still seems a little low. At least they could throw in the soda package on top of the OBC or something.

Anyway, I'll stop looking a gift horse in the mouth now!;)

Just got off the phone. Our 10 day cruise went up $200 a person. Still quite the deal, especially when you add in the specialty restaurant. It just took a few minutes to do. I think I was on hold longer than with the service rep. Excited!

Just got our 2018 SA Andes & Cape Horn (30 day) redone, so it included the Sip & Sail. The price stayed exactly the same, which we were glad about. Our TA said the Princess rep told her that for this promo, they do not have to rebook it, just add the promo.

I then went into my Princess Personalizer and it shows the package added.

Rum punches, here we come!! Only 617 days to go (but who is counting!!)

Just got our 2018 SA Andes & Cape Horn (30 day) redone, so it included the Sip & Sail. The price stayed exactly the same, which we were glad about. Our TA said the Princess rep told her that for this promo, they do not have to rebook it, just add the promo.

I then went into my Princess Personalizer and it shows the package added.

Rum punches, here we come!! Only 617 days to go (but who is counting!!)

where in your acct does it show up - sorry, just called, got the sip and sail promotion

Edited by hollon

I called right after they opened this morning. I added the beverage promo and paid just $50 more per person...I consider that quite a bargain! On our last cruise I spent almost $800 on the beverage package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question, (which is better), I took the bev. pkg, I have three in my cabin. I forgot to ask or didn't listen :( how much obc for a minisuite (anyone know) We don't drink, but we drinks cokes and coffee - I avg. 56.00 x 1 for the cokes and me the coffee at 36.00 (I just rounded) and the 3rd already get free cokes and that comes to be cheaper to use the obc money for - does this seem better - for the obc if I don't drink

Edited by hollon

I have a question, (which is better), I took the bev. pkg, I have three in my cabin. I forgot to ask or didn't listen :( how much obc for a minisuite (anyone know) We don't drink, but we drinks cokes and coffee - I avg. 56.00 x 1 for the cokes and me the coffee at 36.00 (I just rounded) and the 3rd already get free cokes and that comes to be cheaper to use the obc money for - does this seem better - for the obc if I don't drink

The amount of OBC you get depends on the length of the cruise, not the cabin you're in. My cruise is 16 days so I got $250pp. 6-9 days is $150 and 10-13 days is $200.

Sailing solo, 14 days March, 2018, balcony cabin.

This is an expensive 14 days, so I opted for the OBC option. They did double it to give me $500 OBC, but the cruise price went up $220 (no surprise, really).

So, net is $280 positive and I took it.

That will cover my gratuities and a cocktail or 2.

Our Alaska cruise pricing didn't change either. I called and it was added to the existing booking. It show up on the new confirmation as Sip and Sail Promotion under Pricing Details.

Our Alaska cruise pricing didn't change either. I called and it was added to the existing booking. It show up on the new confirmation as Sip and Sail Promotion under Pricing Details.

Good for you getting it without a rate increase. It is supply and demand, I suppose, if they raise the price or not.

The true 14 itineraries that they have for late '17 and early '18 are pretty rare, so they will maximize pricing as long as people are booking it.

Good for you getting it without a rate increase. It is supply and demand, I suppose, if they raise the price or not.

The true 14 itineraries that they have for late '17 and early '18 are pretty rare, so they will maximize pricing as long as people are booking it.

Our pricing actually went down by $55 per person under this promo, so it was well worth it for us.

Sailing solo, 14 days March, 2018, balcony cabin.

This is an expensive 14 days, so I opted for the OBC option. They did double it to give me $500 OBC, but the cruise price went up $220 (no surprise, really).

So, net is $280 positive and I took it.

That will cover my gratuities and a cocktail or 2.

Good news addendum - TA just called back, and as part of group booking, my original rate is protected. So, full $500 OBC, no rate increase.