Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

I really wish people would take the time to find out the themes/story lines of the performances before they book them. Far too many people walk out during the shows because they didn’t know what the show is about. This is disrespectful to the performers and audience. In the elevator after a “Brat Pack” performance on the Escape, a gentleman let everyone know that he was disappointed because he was expecting a “Rat Pack” performance. I’ve seen hordes of people walk out during After Midnight, Priscilla, and Rock of Ages because they had no idea of the show’s content. I even saw people walk out during the Beatles show on the Epic. What were they expecting, an entomology seminar?

Let me throw a different light on the topic. I rarely walk out of the theater during a performance. However, I have empathy for those who are not enjoying the show. It is their vacation, and they are entitled to indulge in those things they enjoy and not "waste" their time not enjoying something.

They don't "owe" their presence to the performers. Now I do expect them to be respectful and not disruptive as they exit the venue.

Let me throw a different light on the topic. I rarely walk out of the theater during a performance. However, I have empathy for those who are not enjoying the show. It is their vacation, and they are entitled to indulge in those things they enjoy and not "waste" their time not enjoying something.

They don't "owe" their presence to the performers. Now I do expect them to be respectful and not disruptive as they exit the venue.

I would never walk out .Many times I find myself not liking a show .I will sit till the end and then leave.

I would never walk out .Many times I find myself not liking a show .I will sit till the end and then leave.

Our attitude also. Even if we checked out the show ahead of time and considered attending a mistake, we would wait to leave after the performance.

Maybe it's parents who just got paged to the nursery. Maybe one person is having a panic attack, and the spouse doesn't want to let them leave alone. Maybe they aren't being rude, but had something come up that is not apparent to you.

You never know. shrug

If you don’t like a show, just leave. Sorry.

I'm with you. My vacation ... my time. I am not going to sit through a show I don't like.

I'm watching The Cruise, about the Regal Princess, I'm getting a little nervous. I wouldn't like ANY of the 'show' performances I've seen rehearsed and bits & pieces of the show.

Am cruising Princess this year. I'm hoping there is entertainment I can enjoy.

Maybe it's parents who just got paged to the nursery. Maybe one person is having a panic attack, and the spouse doesn't want to let them leave alone. Maybe they aren't being rude, but had something come up that is not apparent to you.

You never know. shrug

That's not the framework of the topic...of course there are certain cimcumstances that can't be avoided....the topic is about a show that one did not like...

I really wish people would take the time to find out the themes/story lines of the performances before they book them. Far too many people walk out during the shows because they didn’t know what the show is about. This is disrespectful to the performers and audience. In the elevator after a “Brat Pack” performance on the Escape, a gentleman let everyone know that he was disappointed because he was expecting a “Rat Pack” performance. I’ve seen hordes of people walk out during After Midnight, Priscilla, and Rock of Ages because they had no idea of the show’s content. I even saw people walk out during the Beatles show on the Epic. What were they expecting, an entomology seminar?

It's there choice.

If you don’t like a show, just leave. Sorry.

Could not agree more. Some people don’t do any research because they want to be completely surprised. If the show sucks, why should you waste your time when there is plenty more to do. I️t is not rude at all, but a prerogative.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could not agree more. Some people don’t do any research because they want to be completely surprised. If the show sucks, why should you waste your time when there is plenty more to do. I️t is not rude at all, but a prerogative.

The framework for the post was DO YOUR RESEACH, and thereby you are less likely to offend anyone. It can be offensive, did you know that?

How about people walking out because the shows are poorly done, or not as advertised. NCL show quality has decreased substantially in the past five years.

Etiquette? It’s a flipping cruise ship, not Broadway. You didn’t specifically pay for the shows, which can be very poor at best sometimes.

That sums it all beautifully. Thank you. You must be a real dream to be on a flipping cruise with.:confused:

How about people walking out because the shows are poorly done, or not as advertised. NCL show quality has decreased substantially in the past five years.

Although I have only attended the major shows on the large ships, I have never seen a show that was poorly done or “not as advertised”.

Etiquette? It’s a flipping cruise ship, not Broadway. You didn’t specifically pay for the shows, which can be very poor at best sometimes.

Yes, THIS. I am with you 100% ... and not facetiously. The shows can be and are really poor, at times. I do not think anyone should be handcuffed to a bad experience. Too much to do onboard to waste precious time.

Yes, THIS. I am with you 100% ... and not facetiously. The shows can be and are really poor, at times. I do not think anyone should be handcuffed to a bad experience. Too much to do onboard to waste precious time.

According to your cruise record you haven’t seen any of the major productions, so I don’t now how you feel qualified to judge them