Koningsdam Promenade Deck

ezgo

I would be hesitant to do power walking if it is as narrow as it looks in places.

Indeed and you will always see people going the other way...so at least one has to stop at the narrow places.

Good Lord. How do some people navigate in the world?! Yes, the prom is fine for power walking. It is not that narrow. Your other option is the jogging track.

The jogging track is an attractive option, lots of fresh air and sunshine, and no series of corners to navigate. Someone described the K'dam promenade deck as looking like a catwalk at a refinery.

Do they still call it prommenade deck- I wonder- the view is all but blocked from live boats.

The name of the deck is still "Promenade" (upper case 'P'), but thinking anyone can "promenade" (lower case 'p') on it is a stretch. Or a vivid imagination.

I think a "catwalk" at a refinery is just about how I would describe it. When we were on the K'dam I didn't even bother to take a walk. From where I looked at it didn't look very inviting. I am not sure why that deck is even called a "Promenade" deck.

Anyone who has actually sailed the Koningsdam and who regularly walks laps on any ship, would know that power walking wouldn't be a good idea. We don't walk slowly but we don't power walk, and we had to go single file and slow way down at the blind narrow turns. Doing otherwise would be just asking for problems. And yes, we did see lots of people out walking and going different directions.

Edited by Cruising-along

All the complaining about the Koningsdam promenade deck, isn't going to make any difference at all.

I would assume that any power walker on any Hal ship would slow down a little on the corners.

Not all walkers go in the same direction

Sandra

It is considerably smaller than the other HA ships. It can be power walked on surely. Had a runner on it on my recent cruise. I had to bite my tongue on that running!

Isn't part of power walking establishing a pace and moving steadily at that pace? If so, dodging other passengers at corners would make that very difficult.

In addition to the 4 corners at the ends of the ships, there are 16 other corners to turn in a complete circuit around the ship. Some turns are more open than others, but you cannot walk a straight line along the side of the ship.

In addition to the 4 corners at the ends of the ships, there are 16 other corners to turn in a complete circuit around the ship. Some turns are more open than others, but you cannot walk a straight line along the side of the ship.
Worse than the corners, IMO, are the four single-file bottlenecks on the sides of the MDR and the World Stage. I often encountered people there who were strolling slowly or just standing still. I found that the earlier I walked the less these blockages occurred.

Isn't part of power walking establishing a pace and moving steadily at that pace? If so, dodging other passengers at corners would make that very difficult.

The runners on the jogging track also have to dodge other passengers. It's a ship.

Worse than the corners, IMO, are the four single-file bottlenecks on the sides of the MDR and the World Stage. I often encountered people there who were strolling slowly or just standing still. I found that the earlier I walked the less these blockages occurred.

Yes it is very narrow, single file narrow in the areas mentioned. The deck is for walking, not jogging or power walking, that would be at the Jogging track. I just wanted to add that in.