Room Service

Our family cruises once to twice a year and we are Diamond Plus. A couple of them really like room service but only order when they are hungry and they do not waste it. I know there are those that do. I thought I saw somewhere that Harmony charges for room service now :rolleyes: please if anyone knows let me know. I know Royal started charging a little something from midnight on but room service was always free in the twenty some years I've been cruising. I pray this is not so. There was a time when you paid for nothing then came the specialty restaurants which was your choice if you chose to go there but room service that's a big NO for me.

As said above, unless it's continental breakfast or you are in a Grand Suite or higher category, they now charge $7.95 per room service order. I think 18% tip is also tacked on.

As said above, unless it's continental breakfast or you are in a Grand Suite or higher category, they now charge $7.95 per room service order. I think 18% tip is also tacked on.

Yes. Royal Caribbean moved from "free" room service to a charge after midnight to a charge of $7.95 per order except continental breakfast to a charge of $7.95 plus 18%.

Woohoo! :rolleyes:

My husband and I enjoy ordering breakfast. The hot breakfast is no longer included and has the charge as well. I think its just the continental/cold breakfast items that are no charge.

I believe I saw somewhere Johnny Rockets also went up to 7.95. I just don't remember what is was on my last cruise in 2015.

My husband and I enjoy ordering breakfast. The hot breakfast is no longer included and has the charge as well. I think its just the continental/cold breakfast items that are no charge.

I believe I saw somewhere Johnny Rockets also went up to 7.95. I just don't remember what is was on my last cruise in 2015.

Oatmeal and grits are two hot items included in the "free" breakfast.

. A couple of them really like room service but only order when they are hungry and they do not waste it. I know there are those that do.

I don’t think they started charging because of food waste, it was likely simply because it was another area where they saw an opportunity to make money.

If you cruise twice a year I’m surprised this is the first you’re hearing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think they started charging because of food waste, it was likely simply because it was another area where they saw an opportunity to make money.

If you cruise twice a year I’m surprised this is the first you’re hearing of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and no. Cost and Profit. Been on Royal 30yrs, Almost every cruise I see room service ordered, which is already labor intensive, show up to the door and passengers don't answer the door. Might be on Balcony, maybe left the room...

On a related note can I go to the windjammer and bring food back to the room. Where can you get late night food?

You can, but Windjammer closes at 9 pm on most ships. Depends on your ship but there should be at least one more included (free) food venue for you late-night.

Are you charged per food item as well as the 7.95 fee? On a related note can I go to the windjammer and bring food back to the room. Where can you get late night food?

You can get food from WJ and bring it back to your stateroom. The availability of late night food varies by ship. What ship?

You can, but Windjammer closes at 9 pm on most ships. Depends on your ship but there should be at least one more included (free) food venue for you late-night.

You can get food from WJ and bring it back to your stateroom. The availability of late night food varies by ship. What ship?

Thanks both of you. I'll be on Liberty of the seas

Thanks both of you. I'll be on Liberty of the seas

Liberty has Cafe Promenade which is open virtually 24 hours. Small sandwiches, pizza slices, wraps, fruit cups, desserts, etc.

Oatmeal and grits are two hot items included in the "free" breakfast.

Oatmeal and cereal are listed on the menu as light breakfast so is this the same as Continental where you do not get charged?

• 3 weeks later...
The fees are surprising me a bit. What if you order a pot of coffee mid-day? Are you charged for that? Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but I would expect there to be a charge because the only "free" time is during the morning hours.

I haven't been on RCCL for a few years; so my perception by what is talked about here is that one cannot get food 24 hrs/day unless you want to order RS for $7.95? No food venues (that are included with the cruise fare) are open for late night or 24 hrs?

Safe sailing!