2019 Summer and Fall Cruises

satxdiver

We are on the Ruby right now. The Future Cruise guy held a sales pitch for Europe and said that on December 14 Princess will release the Summer and Fall 2019 cruises. They will feature some new ports and cruises and will include Europe and Canada. He did not say anything about the Caribbean. Watch for the announcement.

He did mention a cruise to Greenland from both NYC and Europe.

We are on the Ruby right now. The Future Cruise guy held a sales pitch for Europe and said that on December 14 Princess will release the Summer and Fall 2019 cruises. They will feature some new ports and cruises and will include Europe and Canada. He did not say anything about the Caribbean. Watch for the announcement.

He did mention a cruise to Greenland from both NYC and Europe.

Thanks for info

Still waiting on release of spring 2019 TA.

Wonder where else the ship will go other than Greenland, would hope it would also go to Iceland.

We're sailing the Royal to Vancouver in May 2019 and watching for her Alaska cruises.

On our roll call there have been discussions questioning whether the ship would clear the bridge in Vancouver. If not, it's speculated the Royal would sail 1 day to Seattle for Alaskan cruises. I've been told it would violate the PVSA to continue from Vancouver to Whittier & hopefully soon the Royal's inaugural Alaska season will be released.

We're sailing the Royal to Vancouver in May 2019 and watching for her Alaska cruises.

On our roll call there have been discussions questioning whether the ship would clear the bridge in Vancouver. If not, it's speculated the Royal would sail 1 day to Seattle for Alaskan cruises. I've been told it would violate the PVSA to continue from Vancouver to Whittier & hopefully soon the Royal's inaugural Alaska season will be released.

This happened to some passengers out of Brooklyn that were booked on a b2b classic Canada. They boarded in Brooklyn to Quebec and were supposed to be Quebec back to Brooklyn but the Brooklyn dock was full of container ships so they were diverted to either the Manhattan terminal or of to New Jersey therefore violating the act....Princess was able to do something that allowed those passengers to be fine and not have to pay the $600 fine so long as they booked the cruise by a certain point....so I would think/hope that if Royal doesn't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge they would be able to do the same for you. But I thought I read on another thread that it would just barely make it under the bridge and would certainly hope that the people at Princess would have made sure of that first......YIKES! If not I see some pink slips coming...lol.

This happened to some passengers out of Brooklyn that were booked on a b2b classic Canada. They boarded in Brooklyn to Quebec and were supposed to be Quebec back to Brooklyn but the Brooklyn dock was full of container ships so they were diverted to either the Manhattan terminal or of to New Jersey therefore violating the act....Princess was able to do something that allowed those passengers to be fine and not have to pay the $600 fine so long as they booked the cruise by a certain point....so I would think/hope that if Royal doesn't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge they would be able to do the same for you. But I thought I read on another thread that it would just barely make it under the bridge and would certainly hope that the people at Princess would have made sure of that first......YIKES! If not I see some pink slips coming...lol.

Thanks for the information & we may soon know the answer...1 day cruises are sometimes necessary to reposition ships for itineraries.

Decades ago when assigned to the aircraft carrier USS Midway as I recall it required sailing at low tide from Alameda to transit under the Golden Gate Bridge. ;)

Oh how funny you were to mention that...my father was stationed on it as well decade ago and it is about 20 minutes away from me and several friends and I are going to see it this weekend!

Royal will not fit under bridge in Vancouver, nor under the power wires on the inside passage. Thus she will sail from California to Vancouver. A separate 1 night cruise to Seattle. Another separate cruise from Seattle to Alaska will operate weekly from Seattle.

Royal will not fit under bridge in Vancouver, nor under the power wires on the inside passage. Thus she will sail from California to Vancouver. A separate 1 night cruise to Seattle. Another separate cruise from Seattle to Alaska will operate weekly from Seattle.

Thanks...when the itineraries are released will confirm our options.

Will have to research if PVSA allows arriving in Vancouver from LA & sailing a 1 day cruise to Seattle before a roundtrip cruise from Seattle to Alaska. If not, could get transportation to a Seattle hotel to reboard the ship the next day.

Will have to research if PVSA allows arriving in Vancouver from LA & sailing a 1 day cruise to Seattle before a roundtrip cruise from Seattle to Alaska. If not, could get transportation to a Seattle hotel to reboard the ship the next day.

Cant do it. You can’t go between 2 US ports like that without stopping at a distant foreign port. Vancouver is not distant.

Am i reading your post right....you just said Royal will not fit under lions gate bridge then state she will sail from CA to Vancouver...how then will she sail to Vancouver if she won't fit under the bridge? I believe the only way to get to Canada place which is Vancouver's terminal is to go under lions gate bridge. We sailed into Vancouver from Alaska under the bridge then when we sailed out and down to CA we had to go under the bridge again. Are you meaning she will sail from CA to perhaps Victoria not Vancouver?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Am i reading your post right....you just said Royal will not fit under lions gate bridge then state she will sail from CA to Vancouver...how then will she sail to Vancouver if she won't fit under the bridge? I believe the only way to get to Canada place which is Vancouver's terminal is to go under lions gate bridge. We sailed into Vancouver from Alaska under the bridge then when we sailed out and down to CA we had to go under the bridge again. Are you meaning she will sail from CA to perhaps Victoria not Vancouver?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Most likely she'll dock at the Roberts Bank terminal in the city of Delta, just south of Vancouver.

Doug