Carnival never charged me for sail&Sign charges?

jandak

I’m really confused.. I’m definitely okay with not paying like $200, but I’m worried something is going to come back and bite me?

Has this ever happened to anybody? I disembarked a ship on the 6th and it’s now the 10th. I’ve yet to be charged the charges I racked up on my sail&Sign card. I don’t see any holds or anything either. It’s like nothing ever happened. I verified that I was looking at the right card.

Do they ever charge late? I don’t want to be caught off guard. I thought they always charged on debarkation day.

I’m really confused.. I’m definitely okay with not paying like $200, but I’m worried something is going to come back and bite me?

Has this ever happened to anybody? I disembarked a ship on the 6th and it’s now the 10th. I’ve yet to be charged the charges I racked up on my sail&Sign card. I don’t see any holds or anything either. It’s like nothing ever happened. I verified that I was looking at the right card.

Do they ever charge late? I don’t want to be caught off guard. I thought they always charged on debarkation day.

Keep in mind the Columbus day holiday. It's coming.

Card issuers will only allow a hold for a certain number of days. If the merchant doesn't submit the final charge within that period, the hold will drop. The charge could still show up later.

I took a taxi in Victoria on 5/15/17, and the hold showed up immediately. The hold dropped on 5/19/17. After the cab company got around to submitting the final charge, it posted on 5/22/17.

I thought this had happened to us as well on our last cruise. Did you perhaps apply for a Carnival Credit card while on board?

We had applied for one while on board and got the freebies they were handing out. Turns out, That card now became the card on file for the cruise but we didn't know it. It wasn't until I got the bill for the new Carnival Card that I discovered the sail and sign charges were booked to the new card.

This may not be case with you but that was our experience.

But I agree with the other replies, they will show up eventually.

Well I had them charge me double! They made one charge for the entire amount $287. Then they made individual charges for the same total. After a week the individual charges were credited back to my checking account. I bet your charges are coming like others have said.

Be patient. Your Sail and Sign charges will eventually be charged to your card. There are many factors that can affect the time frame that will happen, such as the Columbus Day holiday where banks were closed, and the typical reconciliation process where holds were previously placed, and then changed and charged based on actual charges. Whether you used a debit or credit card can also affect processing time.

I believe your stealing. By posting this, your are basically seeking approval to not make it right.

Your hiding being the notion, will this catch up to me. Just call in the charge and get it over. You must pay your debt. As a Christian I could

Not live with myself, please pay. Or the price you will pay is not just monetary.

It will tear your soul apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe your stealing. By posting this, your are basically seeking approval to not make it right.

Your hiding being the notion, will this catch up to me. Just call in the charge and get it over. You must pay your debt. As a Christian I could

Not live with myself, please pay. Or the price you will pay is not just monetary.

And que the mellodramatics:rolleyes:

A Christian would not be accusing a fellow poster of stealing.

Surprisingly quick to judge another.

Who needs facts? Who needs proof? Just presume guilt.

What are you talking about? I’m Jewish. Christian is my lawyers name. Jeeeze. Why would you bring religion into this board. It’s non sectarian. Let’s keep it that way.

Are you freakin kiddin? You're the one who claimed to be a Christian. You are the one who brought religion into it. Are you trying to be funny or are you that screwed up? On second thought, don't answer that, I'm not gonna reply to this thread anymore. Looks like you just want to stir a pot.

Well I had them charge me double! They made one charge for the entire amount $287. Then they made individual charges for the same total. After a week the individual charges were credited back to my checking account. I bet your charges are coming like others have said.

Keep a close eye out on this one. Our experience is usually to be charged w/in a day to a week after we get off the boat. However, our sailing on the Sunshine in April turned out to be a nightmare. We always pre-purchase excursions and couples massages in advance of sailing. Not only did they double charge us for both DURING sailing and then cut our S&S cards off ... when it was fixed on the ship ... they charged us twice after disembarkation. It was a mess to fix.

Those were holds, not charges.

The laws of religion are also the laws of society. Most laws started out, based on religion. The law you have referenced is stealing. Now stealing, as everyone knows is against the law in the context of taking a product and not paying for it. As a Christian, I know my soul will not be torn apart, because like many religions, the preaching of fear of the unknown has been a practice to keeping people in check for doing what is right and wrong. I won't steal because it would ruin my life, as I go to jail and that is why I won't steal.