Pink Carpets on the Getaway

cruising_Bif

I'm sailing on the Getaway early next year. In anticipation, I've been looking at pictures and videos online. I'm very excited! The ship looks shiny and beautiful. My only complaint from what I've seen is the ample use of hot pink carpets in public areas (seems to be concentrated in stairwells and elevator bays). Not my color of choice! Is it as loud and off-putting in person as I think it is online? And don't give me any grief over this post- it isn't a major concern and won't make or break my cruise- I'm just making conversation. :D

And here I thought this post was going to be about a musical group called "Pink Carpets". Or a drink.

I didn't even notice the carpets. If you discover once you are on board that they are blindingly offensive to you, you could always wear sunglasses. Or get a wheelchair, close your eyes, and have a travelling companion push you quickly through the offending areas.

I would rather be on a cruise with puke-colored carpets than sitting at my desk in my office at work any day. :)

Just off the getaway this weekend. I didn't notice the color of the carpet. But I will say the ship is beautiful. This was our first time on NCL, all our other cruises have been with carnival. I found the Getaway way some stylist than any of the carnival ships, beautiful everywhere, nothing flashy.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And here I thought this post was going to be about a musical group called "Pink Carpets". Or a drink.

I didn't even notice the carpets. If you discover once you are on board that they are blindingly offensive to you, you could always wear sunglasses. Or get a wheelchair, close your eyes, and have a travelling companion push you quickly through the offending areas.

I would rather be on a cruise with puke-colored carpets than sitting at my desk in my office at work any day. :)

Of course! I never suggested otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruising_Bif

The Getaway decor is beautiful and the carpets were never off-putting for us at all. (I love interior design so I notice these things). I think you will be pleasantly surprised, it's truly a gorgeous ship! Can't wait to sail her again in April :)!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Pink is a color that has been proven to lower aggression levels. Perhaps NCL is trying to unconsciously calm everyone down for their cruise vacation. Or, the designer just liked pink.

Totally unrelated to this thread but, I like your screenname! Saw show #42 this past summer at Bristow!