Passenger List

Silver Spectre

I know the removal of the Passenger List was first reported back in July and that it relates to complaints on a voyage onboard the Cloud.

Unfortunately a single incident appears to have caused SS to cave-in and follow the path of least resistance, and remove it. I also suspect that a bean counter decided that a small saving could also be made.

I really miss the Passenger List, surnames never stuck that well and post wrinkly age, they stick even less.

Guests meet people and remember christian names, staff learn surnames only, so trying to make a match is impossible.

I would like it back, and I would like the views of others on this board.

I really miss it. I now have a collection of Guest Lists from every cruise we have done on SS since 1996. A Collector's Item now! Anyway. I do not understand why SS cannot add a question to the Guest Info Form that states...Would you like to be included in a published Guest List when on board?! That would be the difference between opting out and opting in, which I think the laws require wherever they apply.

I really miss it. I now have a collection of Guest Lists from every cruise we have done on SS since 1996. A Collector's Item now! Anyway. I do not understand why SS cannot add a question to the Guest Info Form that states...Would you like to be included in a published Guest List when on board?! That would be the difference between opting out and opting in, which I think the laws require wherever they apply.

I received a request such as this on the Silver Spirit last spring. It asked if I wanted to be included with instructions I could leave it for my Butler or hand into Reception. I still have the list. I thought it a nice touch. Plus it listed all the Senior Officers onboard. A nice souvenir of a wonderful trip.

The Opt out clause as suggested by Duct tape is the practical way to go and should cover anyones sensibilities - however I suspect an incident aboard has provided the Company with the chance to effect Cost Savings throughout on the back of unlikely litigation.

Please reconsider Silversea and please your loyal Guests.

This can't be true?!?!?! :eek: I totally rely on the printed Passenger List both during and after the cruise. Without it, I will be hopeless with remembering names and hometowns. Seriously, without my 'cheat sheet' to study every night, I don't know what I'll do! Gosh, yes - do bring it back. Opt in/Opt out, whatever, just please don't take away this criticial aide-memoire.

What was the "incident" that supposedly prompted the discontinuation of the passenger lists?

The Guest Info form still asks, "How would you like your name to appear on the shipboard Guest List and Stationery?"

Supposably someone did not read/fill in the form and then complained that there was sufficient information in the Passenger List for them to be identified. They claimed this was an invasion of their privacy and I believe threatened legal action. This was on Cloud voyage 1214 and was posted by Alipus and Oregon50 on July 27th (see earlier thread on the Cloud), and according Oregon50 was discontinued on voyage 1215.

Interesting point. I have been told in the past that I must fill in the online form before the 120 final payment point. If the form still asks how a guest would like to be called in the Guest List, and said Guest List is no longer distributed, is SS in breach of contract by not producing it.

Do you all really believe because of one complaint that this is the reason they did away with the passenger list? It seems hard to believe. Can someone elaborate further on this?

Keith

Agree Keith. Penny wise and pound foolish if one speculation is correct and bad decision by all the comments on this thread.

BRING IT BACK --

Archived