Diamond Plus Experience

KKMurphy2

I saw someone giving attitude to a Pinnacle in the DL on our last Oasis trip. Said they belonged up on 17. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Aww...man...that's just not right. Shame on that person!! Pineapples have every right to be in the DL. :o

Reminds me of the (I will not mention his name) shorts wearing D+ basher. He just made D, and was always putting down the D+ for taking up "his seat" in the CL since he "always books suites". What is he going to do when he himself turns D+....not look at himself in the mirror any longer?? :p

Bucky and I will happily save you a seat in the DL. Though with this cruise I will be taking up your vacated seat in the SL at times. Better lucky than good, eh? ;)Wish you and Laura were joining us! Is she currently on Brilliance?

Edited by island lady

Aww...man...that's just not right. Shame on that person!! Pineapples have every right to be in the DL. :o

Reminds me of the (I will not mention his name) shorts wearing D+ basher. He just made D, and was always putting down the D+ for taking up "his seat" in the CL since he "always books suites". What is he going to do when he himself turns D+....not look at himself in the mirror any longer??[emoji14]

Bucky and I will happily save you a seat in the DL. Though with this cruise I will be taking up your vacated seat in the SL at times. Better lucky than good, eh? ;)Wish you and Laura were joining us! Is she currently on Brilliance?

Yes, we board Oasis when you get off as far as I know. Ask for Richard in CK, he's awesome.

Yes, we board Oasis when you get off as far as I know. Ask for Richard in CK, he's awesome.

Okey-dokey...will look for Richard! Thanks! Will be nice to have lunch and breakfast in there this time also. I think CK is open for lunch on embarkation day?

Okey-dokey...will look for Richard! Thanks! Will be nice to have lunch and breakfast in there this time also. I think CK is open for lunch on embarkation day?

Yes it is. Joseth is CK manager and Shelly is the hostess. 7 servers and they rotate stations. If you are at a table for two, you can follow your favorite server around.

Lunch is available on boarding day

Very serious discussion. :D:D I always jump into these discussions once or twice a year. They are Clubs, Diamond and CC. I know they are commonly referred to as lounges, sometimes even by RCI, but the signs all say DC and CC.

As you were. :cool:

Correct, but I think SL is the correct name on the ships that have them

It was open at other times of the day for all---and I think it was for D+ during happy hour (since the enterance is through Olive Or Twist I think it was the normal lounge plus the bar area were all considered as one and for the D+ at that time)--though I never tried to head over there during happy hour to be sure.

On Presidents Cruise, the DL was for P’s, Olive & Twist for D+, and Star Lounge for D.

CL remained unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've read over and over about meeting people in the lounges and always been confused as to why this is not possible elsewhere and had not considered the desire to meet a smaller number but then have a strong likelihood of seeing the same people night after night to develop a relationship.

I also find the bar crowd on ships to be more transient than land bars. People are always on the move bouncing from one venue to the next...unlike myself. [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do not know the dates of your various cruises, but the Radiance class ships originally ALSO had a very small Concierge Lounge, on Deck 9. It has only been recently that they were relocated to Deck 13.

I loved the D lounge on Brilliance because the overflow was the VCL. with more room. Same as the Navigator. Could have gone to the CL, but liked the DL better--same snack and drinks.

Yes it is. Joseth is CK manager and Shelly is the hostess. 7 servers and they rotate stations. If you are at a table for two, you can follow your favorite server around.

Thanks John...sounds great! Looking forward to it. :)

That said, I agree that all the D lounges I have been in the past several years are quite over-crowded.

Not all the d lounges. On explorer this past july the d lounge had at most 30 people during cocktail hour. Could find a seat anytime and it was great. Talked to the concierge and he said that the past few months the lounge has been not crowded at all.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

FWIW, I found the DL on Oasis much easier to get a drink than the SL. Twice as many passengers in DL but 3 times as many waiters.

Agree with your comment. The SL did not have the luxury of extra waiters. If you wanted a drink you had to stand in line at the bar. Poor Eko and Pablo were just swamped making drinks behind the bar until 630 or so. It was also crowded on allure last year in sl also. It was the same exact situation as there were only 2 bartenders.

Both weeks i enjoyed the overflow in blazes. Always had a seat and there were 4 waiters there every night and on some nights there were 6. Some nights in overflow there were only 20 of us between 430 to 600l I noticed that the snacks were different on a few nights between d loung and overflow.

Nice meeting you and laura on oasis. Hope to sail with you again.

Oasis cruise will be the 6th Grand suite in a row for us, hard to go back once you get used to all the perks
We are also caught in the vicious cycle of booking only loft rooms on 17 while sailing oasis class. Love having the SL so close to grab water and drinks all day. On any other class we book insides, ov, balconies or suites. But have to have the lofts on oasis class.

We were on Oasis 22-29 Oct and 29 Oct-5 Nov (b2b) and the experience was very different each week. The week of 22 Oct, we went at 6-615 every evening and had no trouble getting a seat in the lower level every night, mostly right next to the windows. The week of 5 Nov was very different. It was very crowded all evening and we walked into a very busy room most nights. We only got a seat near the window twice and that was when our tablemates happened to be there and grab one before we got there. We sat upstairs for at least 15 min a couple of times and only got a table downstairs because I kept checking. Both weeks, there were groups that knew each other from previous sailings, but there were more the second week than the first so they took up large areas. We befriended a bar waiter (Orville) in the DL and he took care of us both weeks so we never had to wait long, which we have experienced on other ships when there are groups that sail that ship regularly. Anyway, my point is, 6 might be okay, and then again, it might not. It just depends on the mix of people.
Tried looking for you during both cruises but no luck. Was even trying to meet you during the b2b waiting area in schooner bar. Sorry that we did not meet up this past sailing.

Alas did not sit in the dl except for a couple nights both weeks as it was crowded. Used blaze almost every night as there were seats readily available. My son loves to ice skate so it was so easy to pop into blazes and get a drink to bring back to studio b.

Got turned away once by the door lady at blaze because i did not have slacks on during formal night. Was not denied entry to the dl though.

Joseth is going home in a couple of weeks i believe. His replacement was up in ck a few times on our last week. Shirley is a great hostess and always had a smile even when we wanted to combine tables with others a few times.

I saw someone giving attitude to a Pinnacle in the DL on our last Oasis trip. Said they belonged up on 17. [emoji33]

Wow. We are two Pinnacles who are mild in spirit and try to always be nice to everyone. However, if that were to happen to us there would be a comeback from each of us that would be remembered by that D or D+ for a very, very long time.

FYI: We enjoy going into the DL on the Oasis class ships because there are so many nice people there. However, once the room is full we generally leave so as not to take up two seats that others would need.

Tried looking for you during both cruises but no luck. Was even trying to meet you during the b2b waiting area in schooner bar. Sorry that we did not meet up this past sailing.

Alas did not sit in the dl except for a couple nights both weeks as it was crowded. Used blaze almost every night as there were seats readily available. My son loves to ice skate so it was so easy to pop into blazes and get a drink to bring back to studio b.

Got turned away once by the door lady at blaze because i did not have slacks on during formal night. Was not denied entry to the dl though.

I'm sure we saw each other in Schooner waiting area and while we waited to go through customs standing off on the side. Others said that is not the norm. And, then we just turned around and walked back out the way we came just showing our passports. No idea how they usually do it since this was our first b2b. When we reboarded, we happened to be sitting next to the opening in the rope so I was #2 back onboard and DH was #3. A woman on a scooter was first. Heh, she can drive faster than we can walk.

I'm sure we saw each other in Schooner waiting area and while we waited to go through customs standing off on the side. Others said that is not the norm. And, then we just turned around and walked back out the way we came just showing our passports. No idea how they usually do it since this was our first b2b. When we reboarded, we happened to be sitting next to the opening in the rope so I was #2 back onboard and DH was #3. A woman on a scooter was first. Heh, she can drive faster than we can walk.

So we were like ships passing in the night :)

My son got a kick out of the escalator going up the same way we came down. Our b2b on freedom from this new terminal we did the same walk to the departure area. We have shown our passports to the cbp officer in this area before. At the old terminal we did not have to walk all the way down to the departure area. Did the others state that the cbp officer came up to a different area to check them back on in this new terminal? Just wondering as this walking down to cbp and back up has been our usual experience.

So you were one of the ones all the way up there? We ended up in the middle of the group to get back on. We actually sat near you in the holding area then. I saw the woman on a scooter zipping by the glass walkway.

For having an inspection on that turnaround day, i was impressed we boarded on time.

So we were like ships passing in the night :)

My son got a kick out of the escalator going up the same way we came down. Our b2b on freedom from this new terminal we did the same walk to the departure area. We have shown our passports to the cbp officer in this area before. At the old terminal we did not have to walk all the way down to the departure area. Did the others state that the cbp officer came up to a different area to check them back on in this new terminal? Just wondering as this walking down to cbp and back up has been our usual experience.

So you were one of the ones all the way up there? We ended up in the middle of the group to get back on. We actually sat near you in the holding area then. I saw the woman on a scooter zipping by the glass walkway.

For having an inspection on that turnaround day, i was impressed we boarded on time.

On the first boarding day (22 Oct) we boarded right after Pinnacles since we were in a JS. We basically ignored the email about arriving later due to the inspection. We were at the terminal and checking in by 1030 and we boarded at 11 so there was no delay. Especially since we also reboarded at 11 the second week. It took longer to drop off luggage and park than it did to drive to the terminal from the Radisson and check in. Luggage drop off is a bit chaotic with the passenger dropoff traffic crossing each other.

We're back on GR in April and as D+ we get to use the CL, which we prefer on that class. I can get a chocolate martini in the CL on GR plus the view from the VCL is great.

So sad that it took us so long to become D+ and ever since then we are starting to ask was it worth it for the perks we were promised a long time ago when joining C&A?

Those of us that are D+ should not have lost anything in the change of perks...no reason to demote us now down to a DL...those of us that have been loyal should be treated just as "sweet/suite".