X Website - I give up

footer6

I don't understand why Celebrity can't fix the website. My reservation has been locked all week. I bought airfare from the Celebrity Air promotion over the weekend, and never heard back. On Monday, after nearly an hour on hold, I got through and was sent an email confirming my air reservations. I Reported the reservation was locked. Still locked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Called again Thursday, and reported reservation still locked, "For My Privacy," or so the website keeps telling me. After extensive consultation with others, the well-meaning X representative suggested that the cruise line might be making "additions" to my reservation. She suggested that I wait 20 minutes before trying to access the reservation. I explained (again) that it had been locked for 5 days, now. "No, wait 20 minutes," she advised. Now, 8 hours later, it's still locked. Unless X is adding a suite upgrade to my reservation, I don't get it. We love Celebrity, and don't want to sail with anyone else, but this is frustrating.

It is an embarrassment. If this happened in companies I am familiar with, and it wasn't fixed in short order, people would be in the unemployment line.

Booked a cruise this week. Went to Celebrity Air. Showed me flights but would not allow me to book.

Oh...and they still show a cruise I cancelled a couple months ago.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

I've given up until our final payment is made and I need to start making reservations. It seems it's getting from bad to horrible. I too booked choice air that I didn't get a confirmation from but know it's there because I had at to contact them and they had it. I would take a screen shot as soon as you have something confirmed (and print) because it may be your only proof with confirmation #s etc.

Tried to browse Royal and X for 2019/20... toss up as to which is worse! We gave up...so much easier to book Sandals or other resorts...

I don't know if it would work for Celebrity, but I frequently use the UK version of Royal's website. Can't book on it, but it's easier to select staterooms and shows many more available staterooms in a category.

Last week I successfully booked our March 2018 cruise online with Celebrity....luckily I didn't know there were website issues, and didn't have any problems. When I couldn't register for the Connections party, or add a dining room request, I emailed celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com Prompt replies to my queries, very helpful and I will use that method to contact them again if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Several Crystal passengers are having issues with that website as well... it is reported that excursions, modification of reservations and/or on-board dining reservations are difficult to be made or even open.

As such, X is not alone.

Though, many others have indicated they can reach the site and make changes as well... similar to myself, I have had almost no issues with X's website over the last six (6) years.

bon voyage

I have difficulties with Celebrity website as well. I choose a cruise, get to the page where I select type of cabin (e.g. balcony) press continue and nothing happens, no matter what I do I can't progress beyond this point. If anybody has any ideas I would be very grateful.

I got an email from Celebrity telling me I have OBC to spend. It advised me I could use it for pre cruise purchases such as dining and shore excursion. When I went to buy several items, every item says unavailable. Cant buy internet, dining, or wine packages. Everytime is says this item is unavailable. I guess I will just do the MDR. Their loss.

You are better off at sandles

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Forums mobile app

Yup....Combination of bad website...,nothing new in itins, etc

After EDGE, we will return to Sandals in Concierge or Suite level... ...easy to book, they treated us like gold and we really enjoyed the food and activities,, Everything was included...top shelf in suite bar, for dh etc, Only extra cost was the spa.

We are still looking for a nice Carib cruise but will wait for the next itins to come out.,,

I have difficulties with Celebrity website as well. I choose a cruise, get to the page where I select type of cabin (e.g. balcony) press continue and nothing happens, no matter what I do I can't progress beyond this point. If anybody has any ideas I would be very grateful.

When I recently booked online (from Australia) I remember that after selecting the "type of cabin" (balcony), I then scrolled down looking at various deck plans, and selected the "actual cabin" we wanted. The cabins are color-coded, showing which are still available. Then I was able to continue successfully. I hope that may help.

Just to recap. It now is going on 10 days that the reservation is locked. I am looking forward a couple of weeks to the time I am supposed to do the online check in. When I call again to complain, I suppose they'll tell me again to wait 20 minutes and try again. So sad.

Just to recap. It now is going on 10 days that the reservation is locked. I am looking forward a couple of weeks to the time I am supposed to do the online check in. When I call again to complain, I suppose they'll tell me again to wait 20 minutes and try again. So sad.

Reboot.

I just booked Dec 15/2018 on the Equinox through my usual Travel agent and not through X.

I then went to the Celebrity site to get further details and guess what the sailing is not accessible on the site.

So i email Webmaster support to let them know of the issue and surprisingly get a call back thanking me for pointing out their error.

It's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't corrected the problem..kind of hard to sell a cruise if customers can't see it:)

It's possibly why i got such a good deal..their robot algorithms probably felt the sailing is undersold:)