Perry is leaving

wvufan

I saw on his facebook page that he will begin performing on the Royal Princess from October to Feb.

What a sad day for us Celebrity fans, but hope it is a great move for Perry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I saw on his facebook page that he will begin performing on the Royal Princess from October to Feb.

What a sad day for us Celebrity fans, but hope it is a great move for Perry.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

From his website:

15 Feb -Aug 22 2015 Celebrity Eclipse

27th sept 2015 -end of March 2016 Celebrity Eclipse

:confused: ... :confused: ... :confused:

Farewell Perry.

On the Fans of Perry Grant facebook page:

It is my great pleasure to announce that i will be joining and Entertaining on the Royal Princess from Oct 11th 2015 till Feb 8th 2016. I am hoping for future contracts after this . Please come join me on this exciting new venture.

Hi Everyone,

Its posted on Perry's Facebook page, so im virtually certain its a fact. Now, we must decide whether to move some of our winter 2015/2016 bookings to Princess.

Celebrity's loss is Princess's gain. Wishing Perry all the very best of success !!!

I wish Perry lots of luck in his new venue and venture.

We LOVE the Royal Princess and hope he will, also.

However (and it's a big however) the piano bar on the Royal is in the middle of their massive Piazza. It's not exactly the small, intimate venue that he has preferred in the past.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/573770...7638843840634/

page2

page2 Royal Princess

Trying to find a picture:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=19

Pictures of piazza here (post #399) - the piano bar is on the top floor

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950107&page=20

Edited by chamima

Hi Everyone,

Its posted on Perry's Facebook page, so im virtually certain its a fact. Now, we must decide whether to move some of our winter 2015/2016 bookings to Princess.

Celebrity's loss is Princess's gain. Wishing Perry all the very best of success !!!

Would you really move a booking from Celebrity to Princess just to see Perry? Just seems a bit extreme but let us know if it was worth the switch.

Good luck

I am sorry to see this. Honestly, I hope it was his decision and he is not being forced out of Celebrity.

While we would not book a cruise just to see him, we would always go to his sessions when we did sail with him aboard. I admit that on our first cruise I was not interested in his show but he really grew on me over time.

Maybe it is time to book a cruise on the Royal Princess. :) It seems like every day we read more and more things on this board that makes other cruise lines look interesting again.

Good luck Perry!!!

Just a little different perspective....

Perry is an entertainer...he has his schtick and it works...he's polished it over the years, and he has his followers. Don Rickles attacks his audiences, Many comedians poke fun at their physical handicap (Josh Blue) or ethnicity (many). Much Rap music stereotypes parts of society. Jackie Mason, Howard Stern also come to mind.

You or I may not like Perry (or the others), but he draws a repeat audience who enjoy what he does....and that's what show business is all about. I was on one cruise where Perry performed....I appreciated his act, his showmanship, his professionalism as an artist. That's pretty much the way I feel about RAP music and some other genres...I can appreciate that folks are good at what they are doing....even if personally, I don't enjoy it.

I wish Perry well....and if I'm on a ship where he's performing, I'm sure I'll stop by and see his show and enjoy his showmanship.

Edited by ghstudio

I am sorry to see this. Honestly, I hope it was his decision and he is not being forced out of Celebrity.

While we would not book a cruise just to see him, we would always go to his sessions when we did sail with him aboard. I admit that on our first cruise I was not interested in his show but he really grew on me over time.

Maybe it is time to book a cruise on the Royal Princess. :) It seems like every day we read more and more things on this board that makes other cruise lines look interesting again.

Good luck Perry!!!

Hi Cruiserhal,

From what I've heard, Perry is not being forced out, and this is his own decision.

Would you really move a booking from Celebrity to Princess just to see Perry? Just seems a bit extreme but let us know if it was worth the switch.

Good luck

Hi Rob,

I'm not saying I'd switch all of our bookings, and I'm highly confident we will remain loyal to Celebrity. At this point, I'm making 1 Princess booking for Perry's first sailing on Oct 11th.... and we just might keep our November Eclipse booking as well. No major changes coming from us.

Just got off Royal Princess yesterday. I can see Perry playing in the Vista Lounge. I don't think Crooners (the regular Piano bar) is a large enough venue. While the area is a part of the large atrium, it really isn't any different from his playing in Cellar Masters on the S-class ships.

I think Perry will do well on Royal Princess and wish him only the best.

Just cancelled three Eclipse cruises, didn't like sailing out of Miami anyway now won't have to. Will be booking Princess to see him

Seriously??

We sailed the Ruby Nov 2012, the on ship product is more like RCCL, without a rock wall and flow rider, but you do get the mini golf course, and a smokers pool on the aft. Hope a 1 hour show ea night is truly worth a step down in what is delivered the other 23 hours. It was not for us.

EW

When we were on Eclipse two weeks ago, as we were leaving the ship we saw Perry and told him we would see him again next year as we do the cruise every year. He told us he wouldn't be on Eclipse next year. He hurried on about his business and we didn't have a chance to find out where he is planning to be next year. I guess we now know.

Another perspective is that perhaps Perry wanted more $$$(it's always about $), Celebrity wouldn't pay, so he took his piano & went to the competition.

Or maybe when Celebrity said they were changing Cellarmasters to GastroBar he started looking elsewhere and had already finalized with Princess by the time the decision was changed. They had already moved him out of Michael's Club.

Just how many shuffling arounds would YOU put up with before looking for a new job?

Edited by chamima

Princess is in for a treat. I expect more than a few will be jumping the X ship. Perry has quite a few followers who cruise his venue exclusively... Not I however we choose by itinerary but have very much enjoyed his performances in the past. Wishing Perry all the best.

Another perspective is that perhaps Perry wanted more $$$(it's always about $), Celebrity wouldn't pay, so he took his piano & went to the competition.

As history records it is not always about money!

We have seen Perry a few times and enjoy his show and talent.

Clearly not regulars but let's not suggest we know the reasons for his decision.

We wish him well!

Or maybe when Celebrity said they were changing Cellarmasters to GastroBar he started looking elsewhere and had already finalized with Princess by the time the decision was changed. They had already moved him out of Michael's Club.

Just how many shuffling arounds would YOU put up with before looking for a new job?

Their not changing cellar masters into to anything... Gastrobar is where the passport bar is!