Princess just cancelled a few 2018 sailings due to redeployment

CineGraphic

We had our first Princess cruise booked on Island Princess on April 28th 2018. We learned last night that it was cancelled. We booked this cruise with the "Sip and Sail" promo and are hopeful we can transfer that perk to a new cruise, otherwise we will likely just take our deposit and try another line.

I called this morning and they weren't able to give me a definitive answer about the promo, so I will wait a few days and call back.

I just checked and my April 2018 cruise to Hawaii is still there. Did you get an email or something from Princess telling you about the cancelled sailing? Or did you just happen to look on the site?

Someone on our roll call tipped me off, a call to Princess confirmed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our March 24th 2018 booking on the Crown was affected by these redeployment changes as well.

Was booked as leg #3 of B2B2B.

Their communication indicates we have 30-days to contact them to change/rebook, providing us $25pp OBC for the inconvenience.

If we fail to contact, they will cancel the booking outright and refund any deposit, etc.

So YES, is still showing in personalizer.

But NO, this voyage is blocked out on their system if you were to attempt to book it.

Best way to check is to sample book your existing voyage and see if it's still showing availability in the system.

We just got an email cancelling Island Princess they made an offer of $25.00 to move to April 3rd. Called three times today to find out if they would transfer sip and sail but got no answer. Was told someone in the "Yield Dept" would call us back when they make a decision. Think we will have to take the refund and look elsewhere.:rolleyes:

We were on the March 24, 2018 Crown that got cancelled.

In the past, do they normally come up with new itineraries for similar dates? The offer of $25obc is hardly worth it. Plus, my account is actually only showing $15 credit.

What do you mean redeployment?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ships have been moved to other itineraries in other parts of the world. To me it appears the repositioning voyages from the US to Europe are mostly affected.

What do you mean redeployment?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It means the ship is being moved to do a different itinerary. For instance, a ship could be scheduled to do a transatlantic to Europe and then is changed to a Panama Canal to Alaska. The cruise lines shift the ships around due to world situations or demand.

In the past, do they normally come up with new itineraries for similar dates? The offer of $25obc is hardly worth it. Plus, my account is actually only showing $15 credit.

That is pretty normal when they make the changes so far out. At this point flight cannot have been scheduled so the odds of someone having a non-refundable expense is pretty low.

The $15 OBC is probably for a Future Cruise Certificate in your account. $15 is the lowest possible OBC from using an FCC so that is what is normally shown.

Got email this morning- our 4/28/18 Pacific Wine Coastal on Island was canceled. This can happen when booking so far out.

We're debating about date and/or itinerary for re-booking.

"It is what it is"!!