How do I choose D+ gifts for an upcoming cruise?

It's been some time since I've logged into my Crown and Anchor account and everything seems to have changed. I can't see how to make choices of gifts for upcoming cruises nor can I see where I make my preference known for possible upgrades. I can see my C&A membership number, my status and my points. What I can't do is personalise it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

It's been some time since I've logged into my Crown and Anchor account and everything seems to have changed. I can't see how to make choices of gifts for upcoming cruises nor can I see where I make my preference known for possible upgrades. I can see my C&A membership number, my status and my points. What I can't do is personalise it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

It's been removed from the "improved" website. You have to call C&A.

Now the question is...Is this due to them not completing the website functions or a precursor to the elimination of a benefit.

I would bet the latter. After a year or two, new D+ people won't know about the benefit and it will fade away.

Thanks for your responses. This seems like a backward step. I used to browse through a list of wines, gifts etc and make a choice. Are these amenities still available? It seems crazy to phone C&A and waste their time making them list the choices, wait for me to make my choices and then add them to my profile when this could be done online in a instant.

Thanks for your responses. This seems like a backward step. I used to browse through a list of wines, gifts etc and make a choice. Are these amenities still available? It seems crazy to phone C&A and waste their time making them list the choices, wait for me to make my choices and then add them to my profile when this could be done online in a instant.

As far as I know, the same amenities are still available.

I suggest you call C&A and have them read off every option, making sure to repeat any that you didn't quite hear clearly.

They are going backwards, instead of being able to do a lot online now you have to call them Also when booking online they usually only show a handful of cabins being available when they are a lot of them. Hence you have to find one on a third party website and then call them up to get it. Handy isn't it:halo:

I would bet the latter. After a year or two, new D+ people won't know about the benefit and it will fade away.
Good point.

On our cruise on Independence in May 2018 C&A left us 8 bottles of still water but no,

Corona or Orange juice which was originally on our C&A wish list.

When they didn't arrive the next day I spoke to the DL concierge who was a little off hand saying I hadn't ordered them

I said that CC members had mentioned RC IT problems and these particular drinks had been on our C&A profile for several cruises.

She said she would speak to the loyalty ambassador.

Next day those drinks arrived in our cabin with a Navy C&A beach towel.

In the UK RC is a premium telephone number and the cost to ring C&A would be equivalent to the cost of the drinks.

Bob I believe you are spot on with your observations that for new and older D+ members they are hoping we won't say anything and the benefit like the box of cookies etc will disappear.

Bob I believe you are spot on with your observations that for new and older D+ members they are hoping we won't say anything and the benefit like the box of cookies etc will disappear.

Agreed. Just off Brilliance... I did not have my normal bottle of wine (just the 4 bottles of water) waiting for me in my cabin. I did not bother mentioning it to the LA or to DL/CL as I brought on 2 bottles in my carry-on and didn't need the D+ offering anyways. I made a point of bringing wine out from the CL/DL to dinner nightly, and if I needed to top up very easy to have that done while at dinner (incl. at the WJ bar).

I also don't know why RCI has not corrected the website to include access to our profiles.

It's not just the gifts, it's also the preferences that we cannot change or see online.

Tech demons gleefully rubbing their hands together and cackling loudly at our frustrations each time they "improve" the website. :evilsmile::evilsmile::mad:

As far as I know, the same amenities are still available.

I suggest you call C&A and have them read off every option, making sure to repeat any that you didn't quite hear clearly.

Bob I called the other day and I was told that they would give you what you asked for on the last cruise unless you changed it. I asked how do I change it if I don't know what there is to choose from. I asked if they would send me a list so I could choose because I did not want the cheese and fruit I had last time. She said something like they have wine and you know a beach towel and then was silent. I gave up and told her to put down the beach towel. I will see the Loyalty Ambassador when we get on the cruise.

Bob I called the other day and I was told that they would give you what you asked for on the last cruise unless you changed it. I asked how do I change it if I don't know what there is to choose from. I asked if they would send me a list so I could choose because I did not want the cheese and fruit I had last time. She said something like they have wine and you know a beach towel and then was silent. I gave up and told her to put down the beach towel. I will see the Loyalty Ambassador when we get on the cruise.

That's too bad that they would not send you a complete list.

I also don't know why RCI has not corrected the website to include access to our profiles.

It's not just the gifts, it's also the preferences that we cannot change or see online.

Tech demons gleefully rubbing their hands together and cackling loudly at our frustrations each time they "improve" the website. :evilsmile::evilsmile::mad:

I agree and a lot of these things were for our benefit which they conveniently omited.

I had to change my password to their requirements for my C&A page and it looked more like Double Dutch by the time I finished with all the different symbols,numbers and letters I had to put in.

I have been requesting the beach towels for years....have never received them.

I just wish I could stop those darn chocolate covered strawberries from showing up.

I believe the reason the list is not on line is that it will drastically change ( for the worse), or as Bob mentioned, be eliminated. Then you will hear something like ,"Oh, we never provided a selection of gifts ."

Those who have been cruising long enough, have seen the changes. My favorite is MANY YEARS ago (like maybe the early 2000) Sovereign used to have Yellow Bird samples when you boarded. Then one cruise it was gone. We asked "where are the sample yellow birds" and we were told they never offered free samples when boarding. We went home and sure enough found a photo of me with the small sample drink. Went back on Sovereign a few months later, again asked about the free drink, again were told they never offer them, so we took out the photo. We were told we must have been on another ship. Forget that you can clearly see the Sovereign clock in the background! I guess it is possible that the staff was new and as far as he knew, the free sample yellow birds were never offered.

Now, every time I board, I am anxious to see of my D+ choices are delivered, or if I have some other gift because my choice is "no longer available".

M

I have been requesting the beach towels for years....have never received them.

I just wish I could stop those darn chocolate covered strawberries from showing up.

If we are on the same cruise I would swap you the beach towels if we got them.

We have got one on our last 2 cruise's.

Some of the other D+ amenities have been removed. There is now a point value, not only D+ level, at which you will receive the shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. We were surprised to find we were missing all of them on the last cruise. I think, but may be wrong, the point value is now 350 unless you are in a suite of some kind.

I believe the reason the list is not on line is that it will drastically change ( for the worse), or as Bob mentioned, be eliminated. Then you will hear something like ,"Oh, we never provided a selection of gifts ."

Those who have been cruising long enough, have seen the changes. My favorite is MANY YEARS ago (like maybe the early 2000) Sovereign used to have Yellow Bird samples when you boarded. Then one cruise it was gone. We asked "where are the sample yellow birds" and we were told they never offered free samples when boarding. We went home and sure enough found a photo of me with the small sample drink. Went back on Sovereign a few months later, again asked about the free drink, again were told they never offer them, so we took out the photo. We were told we must have been on another ship. Forget that you can clearly see the Sovereign clock in the background! I guess it is possible that the staff was new and as far as he knew, the free sample yellow birds were never offered.

Now, every time I board, I am anxious to see of my D+ choices are delivered, or if I have some other gift because my choice is "no longer available".

M

As I mentioned in my post #11 it appears that you have to be proactive to get your C&A cabin benefits otherwise you won't get them.

Bob was correct IMO in saying these benefits are likely to disappear.

Does anyone know how far in advance of the cruise they take a 'snap' of the preference to put into the cabin?

I ask because my preferences were changed perhaps 3 weeks out but we still go the old preference (white wine for me vs red Ravenswood Zinfandel for him)

LB > secretly happy that she got the white Pinot Grigio #morewineforme

I agree and a lot of these things were for our benefit which they conveniently omited.

I had to change my password to their requirements for my C&A page and it looked more like Double Dutch by the time I finished with all the different symbols,numbers and letters I had to put in.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those silly hoops we had to go through just to change our password, etc. Making matters even worse.

Where is RCI going with this website frustration? :mad: