Wearing a robe from room to the pool

Gunther1

John did you just submit that to Wiki? :D It's true, but goodness why the obese part?? They should also say worn at luau's and hula competitions.lol

And in front of missionaries.

I mean with the missionairies. They don't have sex or something like that so those mumu's don't matter anyway?:confused: Kind of like who cares?

What???? That statement is one of the crazier ones you've made.

Actually no, it isn't. Several days ago the person you were quoting suggested to another that they were mentally ill and should perhaps get some help. I think you would agree with me that is the craziest statement yet.icon12.gif

Amazing! Someone suggested that a poster on here might be mentally ill.

I would suggest there are lots of them on here. Trouble is, trying to figure out which ones!

LOL

Now, Carry on.... Here comes the Coo Coo.

Back to the Robe issue.

On a Celebrity cruise several years ago, one night in the MDR, the dining table next to us (seated 16 passengers) all wore their bath robes to dinner to celebrate our waiter's birthday. It was hilarious, not offensive and the talk of the ship for the rest of the cruise.

Please, for the 8 month pregnant, 70 year old man, who was seen wearing a speedo, no shirt, no shoes and in the salad bar line in the Lido Restaurant on the Eurodam on 12/06/2009. PUT ON YOUR ROBE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Are you just bent on parading around the public spaces in your robe because it covers your body? Don't you care how you look? I'm really only trying to save you from looking ridiculous.

Thanks for the help.

I wear a robe up to the pool. Yes, the robe that's in my cabin. Sometimes it's the actual bathrobe, other times it's a robe from the spa. Depends on the cruiseline.

Why ? Because when I swim it's around 7 am and more often than not the

air temp is below 60 and windy. The robe is absorbent and keeps me warm after I get out of the pool.

The public spaces I use are the hallway, the stairs, the pool deck, the pool and back again.

Who sees me ? Rarely anyone in the hallway except a steward. While I'm in the pool and then by the time I get out,

about 45 minutes later, and then get back into my robe, it's a few passengers going to the Lido to eat breakfast,

depending on the location of the pool.

If weather is warm, I wear shorts, tshirt and flip flops.

Sometimes one or two people are also swimming in the morning at about the same time. They also have brought their robes.

And lest you think I'm talking about being on Carnival, this is all happening on HAL and Crystal.

Amazing! Someone suggested that a poster on here might be mentally ill.

I would suggest there are lots of them on here. Trouble is, trying to figure out which ones!

LOL

Now, Carry on.... Here comes the Coo Coo.

Nah, not lots but I've sussed out who.:cool: Thank God for the ignore thingy.

Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in a mu-mu, I would feel like a frump. (Hmm, may be OK for a shroud, come to think of it).

A nice warm absorbent robe is far more suitable for to-ing and fro-ing to the hot tub. And I'll stick to my much nicer cover-up for the poolside.

Mahalo and likewise:) (especially the "not much really");)

Okay I am sorry. I meant we don't speak about important subjects, not that I don't like to speak to you about much of anything.:D

I knew there was something off in the sentence.

Okay I am sorry. I meant we don't speak about important subjects, not that I don't like to speak to you about much of anything.:D

I knew there was something off in the sentence.

I got ya loud and clear!:) (and the topic of this particular thread we're on is much to do about nothing!;))

I got ya loud and clear!:) (and the topic of this particular thread we're on is much to do about nothing!;))

I am going to respectfully disagree. This is a very important subject to some. I'm still wondering about the mumu's and the missionaries though. The doubleM as they say in the biz.:)

>A man should wear his bathing suit and a t-shirt. A woman can wear either shorts and t-shirt or a dress-like cover up......Bathrobes should never leave the cabin.<

I find this an interesting 180 degree reversal of the days when my parent's generation would never consider wandering about a ship or a hotel in a bathing suit.

Until each cabin has its own pool and hot tub, PAX will need to get from their cabins to these public spaces.

One needs to be wearing a swim suit, that is a given. :cool:

This most amusing debate comes from what some people think OTHERS should or should not wear on top of the swimwear to and from the pool/hot tub/cabin.

And thankfully out of discretion and respect, most people do wear at least something. :)

OR, should we all take each piece of advice here and NOT wear a robe, and Not wear sweats, and not wear open shoes; eventually this would lead to only wearing the bathing suit.

Imagine if Skinny-Dipping were the rage and everyone were to do it.

Would not any Robe, MuMu, Cover-Up, Sweats, or anything be appreciated ?? And careful, far too many Sarongs are see through. :eek:

r.

PS: Pipe, carefullllll about what ever photo you post in response to this one ;) ;) (can't wait)

Well, I don't know.

I always thought it perfectly proper to wear a bathrobe over the swim suit when going from the cabin to the pool deck or spa.

I would not wear the robe into the Lido Restaurant, however, although I have seen others do exactly that.

Archived