Wearing a robe from room to the pool

Gunther1

Duuuuhhh, I thought that was the reason for robes in the rooms - so that people could wear them to the pools as a cover up. See people at the pools here at home using robes for cover ups all the time, from their changing area to the the edge of the pools. The robes they use are usually made of terry cloth and absorbent to help them dry and stay warm.

We may have found an NON Issue here, maybe there is no ABSOLUTE standard and we will have just tolerate others' views. The real world works that way pretty well. :)

Duuuuhhh, I thought that was the reason for robes in the rooms - so that people could wear them to the pools as a cover up. See people at the pools here at home using robes for cover ups all the time, from their changing area to the the edge of the pools. The robes they use are usually made of terry cloth and absorbent to help them dry and stay warm.

We may have found an NON Issue here, maybe there is no ABSOLUTE standard and we will have just tolerate others' views. The real world works that way pretty well. :)

Makes me want to think twice about not wearing a robe. Not really. Never mind.

It's a bathrobe, not a poolrobe. It is supplied in your cabin to be worn directly after getting out of the bath/shower to keep warm and comfy until you get dressed. It is meant to be worn while lounging around in the privacy of your cabin or balcony.

As someone else said, you would never leave your house with your bathrobe on, why would you leave your cruise house (cabin) in your bathrobe?

I'm an anti-busybody. I could care less what people wear/do unless it impacts my life. I don't chime in on formal/jeans/tuxes/smoking/children/trays, etc. BUT there is something about this bathrobe in public thing that is forcing me to speak out. I guess I have a desire to save them from themselves.

I call it a "robe" myself, and why it would bother anyone that I'm wearing it to the pool is beyond me. Don't y'all have more important things to worry about? Good Grief!

I'll be on the Amsterdam in May going to Alaska, and the warmest thing to wear to the indoor pool, without getting fully clothed, is my robe and I plan on wearing it.

I call it a "robe" myself, and why it would bother anyone that I'm wearing it to the pool is beyond me. Don't y'all have more important things to worry about? Good Grief!

I'll be on the Amsterdam in May going to Alaska, and the warmest thing to wear to the indoor pool, without getting fully clothed, is my robe and I plan on wearing it.

you tell them!:)

When I went to the spa, on the Zuiderdam, to sign up for the Thermal Suite and Pool the ladies told me to wear my robe from our room to the spa. I thought that was so nice of them and that is exactly what I did. Cherie

I'm just a rabble-rouser, I tell ya :). I'm off work in 5030 seconds and flying down tomorrow to SD to catch the Oosterdam on Saturday :). Look for the guy wearing the robe to the pool.....but not to the MDR or buffet :).

I'm just a rabble-rouser, I tell ya :). I'm off work in 5030 seconds and flying down tomorrow to SD to catch the Oosterdam on Saturday :). Look for the guy wearing the robe to the pool.....but not to the MDR or buffet :).

Be sure and take a picture to post when you return. Who knows, maybe there will even be an umbrella drink in your hand!!! Have a great cruise! Cherie

5030 seconds? Wow! Have a great cruise!:)

No, Rev...just a Google image.

I do, however, have a cute puppy, but she wouldn't be caught dead in a robe! ;):D:)

I love dogs.

But ... puppy robes are CUTE! And usefully ... especially if one's doggie is looking as pitifully cold and wet as the one you displayed. :) ;)

The puppy is adorable but looks humiliated. Perhaps the owners were talking about taking him on a walk through the neighborhood in his cute little robe and he was refusing to leave the bath area because of the disapproving looks he would receive from his doggie neighbors due to such blatant impropriety? :D

The puppy is adorable but looks humiliated. Perhaps the owners were talking about taking him on a walk through the neighborhood in his cute little robe and he was refusing to leave the bath area because of the disapproving looks he would receive from his doggie neighbors due to such blatant impropriety? :D

I don't blame the puppy for being worried about the disapproving looks from the others.

I hear they can be real bitches :)

Considering the average age of HAL's cruiser the more the wrinkles and sagging tummies are covered up the better...

Dennis

They've earned every wrinkle, they're more than proud to tell ya.:)

I love dogs. But ... puppy robes are CUTE! And usefully ... especially if one's doggie is looking as pitifully cold and wet as the one you displayed. :) ;)

Major dog lover here. ;)

Just hoping this poor robed puppy doesn't step out of that shower or here we go again with an additional 400 posts! Look out! :D

Archived