new coffee card - response from Princess

vickie_bernie

I guess this doesn't affect me at all since I don't drink coffee, but I'd be interested to find out how they handle this on a B2B, since it's likely someone would buy a card on the first segment and not use up all the punches.

I guess this doesn't affect me at all since I don't drink coffee, but I'd be interested to find out how they handle this on a B2B, since it's likely someone would buy a card on the first segment and not use up all the punches.

Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. Any unused punches on card...s that you currently possess will also be honored. However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card.

their statement above says "you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish"

so if you buy a card of the first leg and don't use it all up you can continue to use it on the second leg

I guess if someone wants the brewed coffee on a cruise that the card isn't valid for you could ask if they will punch it in exchange for the brewed coffee as long as there are punches on it. It amazes me that Princess let the situation go on for as long as it did.

If they served a decent cup of coffee in the first place it would end all of this consternation.

I hope no one minds my asking in this thread, but how bad is the coffee? I'm a one cuppa day person with a taste for strong Columbia coffee.

If I only drink one cup a day, does it make sense to buy this card?

I'm saving my next cruise $$$$ for a ta on the QM2 (hubby loves the ship), so I don't have any plans to cruise again with Princess in the near future. Can you fill out a room service breakfast request and place it outside your door the night before? That's how I usually get my coffee. I'm not a morning person :eek:

I hope no one minds my asking in this thread, but how bad is the coffee? I'm a one cuppa day person with a taste for strong Columbia coffee.

I'm saving my next cruise $$$$ for a ta on the QM2 (hubby loves the ship), so I don't have any plans to cruise again with Princess in the near future. Can you fill out a room service breakfast request and place it outside your door the night before? That's how I usually get my coffee. I'm not a morning person :eek:

The complimentary coffee is made from a syrup concentrate. Some actually like it, so I would try it first before purchasing a coffee card. I have to admit, it does have a very strange smell and to me doesn't even smell or taste like regular coffee. But give it a try, the coffee cards are easily available for purchase if you decide the complimentary stuff is not for you. Good Luck!

So if I am understanding all of this correctly, on my Dec. 17th Sapphire cruise to Hawaii I can still use my coffee card that has 3 or 4 punches. And I can still get unlimited brewed coffee as long as I have one punch left and it is before January 1, 2012. Did I get it right?

I was ok with the syrup coffee till I tried the brewed coffee. Oh My Word! is there ever a difference.

Kayla

The complimentary coffee is made from a syrup concentrate. Some actually like it, so I would try it first before purchasing a coffee card. I have to admit, it does have a very strange smell and to me doesn't even smell or taste like regular coffee. But give it a try, the coffee cards are easily available for purchase if you decide the complimentary stuff is not for you. Good Luck!

Thanks :) My hubby accuses me of having a little coffee with my sugar, so who knows!

I'll trade my welcome floral bouquet and formal night flower for a complimentary coffee card, or better yet, give the card as a perk for reaching Elite status.

Darcy

I'm for buying the coffee card for the specialty drinks. But how about giving free brewed coffee as an added Elite perk?

I am not totally bent out of shape on this one as frankly I don't think the brewed coffee is that great...but having said that really Princess, what does it really cost to give passengers a free cup of coffee compared to the ill will you are creating.

Since these 'specialty coffee cards' were sold under the pretense they did not expire, Princess seems to be keeping their word. You can still use any and all punches left on your old cards until they are used up. But if you want unlimited fresh brewed, you will have to have a new card with the name of your ship and sailing on it. That is how I am understanding this, and I would bet cha I am correct.

To play devil's advocate - when we bought the coffee cards, we bought 15 specialty drinks and unlimited brewed coffee. The brewed coffee was part of the sales pitch...

In my opinion, the old cards were sold under the pretense that the unlimited brewed coffee existed until the last punch was used.

So if Princess just chooses to allow the punches to be used up on the old cards without the free brewed coffee, they are going back on the conditions the card was sold.

I posted on Princess' facebook page the question about the coffee card that is coming out in the new year. Here is their response

Coffee cards are being redesigned to include the ship and sailing on which they were purchased. Once these new cards go into effect, you will still be able to use all 15 punches over multiple sailings if you wish. Any unused punches on card...s that you currently possess will also be honored. However, the added benefit of free brewed coffees and specialty teas will only be applicable during the cruise indicated on the card.

Can you ask on the facebook page the question that is being debated here about what happens with the old cards' unlimited coffee benefit?

I agree the sales pitch was unlimited free brewed coffee as long as one punch remained. That's what sold us on the card. If they won't honor the old cards in that way they should at the very least give unlimited free brewed coffee for your current cruise. That would be better than only punches for specialty coffee and no free brewed coffee at all.

If you don't drink Specialty coffees and just want one cup of regular brewed coffee, you would be better off just purchasing your one brewed cup for $1 rather than buying the coffee card