When do you arrive at the port?

delta13

I just received my cruise docs for upcoming Navigator cruise in Dec. The docs list boarding time as 1:30pm. On my last CCL cruise they actually started boarding prior to the time they had listed on cruise docs. What time would you get to the port when they say boarding is at 1:30pm?

Boarding typically begins shortly before noon. We usually try to get there shortly before 1:00pm so that we can drop off our carry-ons in the cabin. If this is your first trip on a Voyager Class ship I would suggest get there early and get on the ship as soon as you can and begin exploring. Enjoy.

As early as possible!!! You've PAID for boarding day (Day 1!!!), so get there and start using that ship!

I couldn't agree more. Usually as soon as the ship is cleared of all previous cruisers and the ship is prepped for boarding they will start. I have been on board by 11:30am on all of my cruises so far.

I like to get on board early enough to grab food before the buffet gets too crowded. Last time we were able to get on at 10:45, but were part of a VIP group and couldn't get to our room. But the buffet had no one in it... it's like it was set up just for us!

We miss the crowds and are able to use the day for "excursions". There is usually plenty to do in the port. And we missed the muster drill once.

Lucky you didn't miss the ship since they close boarding 90 minutes before Sail Away now.

We always get to any port between 11-11:30 AM. Are nearly always on board by 11:45.

The only thing I would add to this statement is be prepared to wait an hour or two, you will be happy when you don't have to that 99% of the time that this is the case, but things can happen to delay boarding.

For me, once I arrive at the port my vacation starts so I go in to super relaxed, "whatever" mode.

The longest I have had to wait was about 90 minutes when boarding Freedom in Miami back in 08. I believe the delay was due to miscommunication of departing passengers. I think a couple that was part of the B2B group and was with them, wasn't counted so there where abouts were briefly unknown. There was a delay while that was straightened out. I took the time to look around, meet people from the best ever roll call group and relax with a magazine when I wasn't people watching. I was just feet from the relatively new FOS and loving life.

We get there around 10:30.

Actually what I wanted to quote on this subject was from your signature - I am not in a hurry, I am on VACATION!!

A lot of people could learn how to enjoy themselves more with this attitude.

We have only been on one cruise so far but we arrived at 1pm and found no lines, and were able to go straight to our cabin and drop things off. We had lunch which was also not crowded. We did notice that people were already on vacation, pool was full, band playing and they looked like they had been there for hours.

We just received information that said boarding time is 2pm. Sounds like people are getting on hours before that, so not sure what we will do this time, but I agree I am on vacation and going with the flow as soon as I leave home. We are only 15 miles from the port. Thanks for the information.

I like to go right to my room so we don't arrive until 1:00ish.

I stop at the first bar-grab a drink, bring to the room and organize the stuff!!. Once that is done-so are my last chores and vacation really kicks in!!:)

I would be on at 9:30 that morning if they would let me :cool: Seriously though it seems I have been on board every cruise so far before noon. I love being one of the first in the Windjammer before all the masses arrive and as cb at sea likes to point out, boarding day is day ONE of which you paid for in full! Might as well get as much out of day one as you can IMHO.

IIRC, I've found that the only drawback to boarding as early as possible is that the cabins usually aren't ready for occupancy until 1pm or so, so that means schlepping carryons for an hour or so.

NCL let's you drop off in library and you get a number to pick it up when you want to (usually when cabins are opened) We loved that back in April on the Sun!

I love to get on, get my hole punched in my card so I can use my cc lanyard, then eat... then check out spa, tour ship etc....and somewhere along those lines...grab a drink! ;)

Archived