What happened to shareholder benefits?

grayjay

Does anybody know if RCCL changed their program or e-mail adress for shareholders? Our next cruise is imminent and I have applied twice for shareholder benefits (OBC) at the usual address (RCLAdmin@rccl.com ) - NO ANSWER at all, neither positive nor negative.

I'm getting a bit worried - I've held the stock even though it's not a gold-rimmed asset at the moment - but one of the nicer perks is the OBC you get. How can I get them to react? Ideas? Help offered?`Thank you for your answers.

Pick up the phone and call them. For what it's worth, we have never had any acknowledgement that I've sent in the paperwork for the credit and it's always appeared. Admittedly, starting with our last trip, I call to confirm before we leave.

It would also help if you reviewed the current information because I think the email you are using is wrong

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

How do I redeem this benefit?Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date.

Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511

Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699

Via Email: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

A heart-felt thank you for your quick answer. I'll try the new adress - hopefully that was the mistake I made - even if the other one had worked before.

Perhaps it's part of RCCL's strategy to boost the stock ...:D I'm trying to help it along anyway by finding and booking new cruises ;)

A heart-felt thank you for your quick answer. I'll try the new adress - hopefully that was the mistake I made - even if the other one had worked before.

Perhaps it's part of RCCL's strategy to boost the stock ...:D I'm trying to help it along anyway by finding and booking new cruises ;)

I always fax ours. We don't ever get a reply, but we always have the credit applied.

This is one of the best of Celebrity's services. I email my information, and usually within 24 hours Linda Buchannan replies that the obc has been credited. She is the same person who handles Royal Caribbean cruises, also. One very efficient lady.

Thank you all for your help - thumbs up for Cruise Critic! After using the correct e-mail adress - I had been in a rush and so had used the wrong one - the shareholder benefit is already confirmed. :) So we're ready to spend it again on some nice bottles of wine for dinner....

This is one of the best of Celebrity's services. I email my information, and usually within 24 hours Linda Buchannan replies that the obc has been credited. She is the same person who handles Royal Caribbean cruises, also. One very efficient lady.

I have to agree. This thread reminded me last night I had not applied to have the OBC added to four bookings I did over the last few months. I emailed Linda with the copy contract note and I had confirmation email within an hour and updated PDFs of our booking showing the OBC within two houra

I think the latter confirmation is sent to your travel agent if you book through one - we book direct and always have all the new paperwork sent very promptly

Well done to Linda and her colleagues!

i would apply ASAP you never know when RCL will change something larry

If they make a change before your cruise, it won't matter when you submitted your paperwork/request. They might make the change effective for cruises after a certain date...but not based on when you requested the credit.

I have used my RCL stockholder benefits many time over the years. On my last cruise in March 2011, I also had an OBC from my travel agent for a small amount.

I was informed by the front deck that I could not COMBINE these two credits. I had to take one OR the other. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now! If I was willing to purchase the stock and set with it as it tanked to the bottom of the market, and stopped paying dividends at the same time, it certainly was not costing Celebrity a nickel to honor my share holder OBC's. And as my T.A. was the one who was paying for the small OBC, that also was not costing Celebrity a plug nickel.

So, does anyone know what's the deal with using OBC within the past 6 months???

I was informed by the front deck that I could not COMBINE these two credits. I had to take one OR the other. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now! ......So, does anyone know what's the deal with using OBC within the past 6 months???

Some confusion of the person at the front desk to tell you that. When you receive obc from your TA it is just like a gift from a friend or anyone else. You receive a little gift card in the cabin with the information on it. We just got off the Allure last Saturday and received the obc gift card from our TA and, also, received the stock obc both were automatically credited to our account.

There is a rule, however, on RCL that you cannot cash out the stock obc if you have anything leftover, but you can take the cash from your TA obc if you do not spend it.

No, what probably happened is that travel agent credit was really a cruise line promotion that the agent gave to you as a credit. Since it really came from the cruise line, and not really the travel agent, they would not allow you to double dip.

If someone else truly buys an OBC, be it an agent or a friend, than that IS combinable with a stock credit.

I can tell you it was not a promotional credit from Celebrity. I spent almost an hour at the front desk trying to resolve this issue, but decided not to get into an argument over it as it wasn't that much, it was just a nice little unexpected gift from my T.A. for recommending her to others.

I know because when I returned from that cruise, I called my T.A. to tell her what had happened. I was concerned that perhaps her account had been billed for the OBC and I had not been able to use it. She also said it should not have happened, and she sent me a check for the amount of the OBC, which helped to pay my credit card bill from the cruise.:)

Can someone explain to me how getting a stockholders benefit as well as a Celebrity onboard credit is double dipping? For example take cabin A and cabin B. Person in cabin A is getting an OBC from Celebrity, say $100. In cabin B I'm also getting the $100 obc but in addition I own 100 shares of Royal stock. Why shouldn't I be entitled to what cabin A is getting-it seems we should both receive $100 but why shouldn't I also get obc as a shareholder. They seem to be two different offers and to me receiving an obc from Celebrity should not negate a perk I should also receive as a shareholder.

I am a shareholder taking my first cruise since purchasing and now what I'm reading makes me think that it was not at all a good choice. It sounds like in almost every case there will be a reason why I won't receive the shareholder benefit.

I guess I'm alright with the stock purchase since they always say you should purchase stock in what you know and use and I sure do like to cruise but I'd be even happier if I got a small obc as a shareholder every time I cruised.

St. Louis Sal

Can someone explain to me how getting a stockholders benefit as well as a Celebrity onboard credit is double dipping? For example take cabin A and cabin B. Person in cabin A is getting an OBC from Celebrity, say $100. In cabin B I'm also getting the $100 obc but in addition I own 100 shares of Royal stock. Why shouldn't I be entitled to what cabin A is getting-it seems we should both receive $100 but why shouldn't I also get obc as a shareholder. They seem to be two different offers and to me receiving an obc from Celebrity should not negate a perk I should also receive as a shareholder.

I am a shareholder taking my first cruise since purchasing and now what I'm reading makes me think that it was not at all a good choice. It sounds like in almost every case there will be a reason why I won't receive the shareholder benefit.

I guess I'm alright with the stock purchase since they always say you should purchase stock in what you know and use and I sure do like to cruise but I'd be even happier if I got a small obc as a shareholder every time I cruised.

St. Louis Sal

Hi St Louis Sal,

It's really not a question of entitlement. It is their policy. With that said, many are not pleased about it, and it effectively destroys the Shareholder benefit if you are able to take advantage of other Celebrity OBC promotions. In some cases, the Shareholder Benefit may be better than other OBC's, so choose the best one.

Here's the rule description from the Royal Caribbean website :

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit#6

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. Guests have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The Shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate cabins and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per cabin booked must be held. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Archived