Traveling with non D+ on the Jewel

Will there be a problem with my male companion joining me in the suite/D+ lounge? Are they going to make me get my drink then leave?

Did they ever expand the lounge on the Jewel? I was on the Radiance last Jan. and it was microscopic and crowded so I just got my drink and went elsewhere.

Will there be a problem with my male companion joining me in the suite/D+ lounge? Are they going to make me get my drink then leave?

Did they ever expand the lounge on the Jewel? I was on the Radiance last Jan. and it was microscopic and crowded so I just got my drink and went elsewhere.

The CL on the Jewel has not been changed. Also we were cruising with friends last month who are D+ who could not bring their DD with them to the CL since she is not D+ (older daughter not at the same address). It was crowded during our B2B with the overflow being in the Hollywood Odyssey.

If staff is doing their job, cards should be checked and only D+ should be allowed in. What if every D+ brought in their non-D+ travel companion? You also should not be able to take your drink out of the lounge according to the current rules.

As has been said, all you can do is ask, all they can say is no.....I was traveling with a friend on Freedom, I was D+, she was not (she also doesn't drink). In both the Diamond and Concierge lounges I was told that my friend could not accompany me in the lounge. They said because of lack of seating.

I was traveling last year on Liberty and went into the lounge for coffee one morning with my non-D companion. We were in the same cabin. Concierge told her she could not stay even for coffee. Place was empty except for one other couple.

Buried in these threads " check archives using search engine" is a couple of creative ways to get around this rule. They claim it works every time no problem. If you don't want to research just palm the concierge a really good tip $100.00, and tell him/her it is only a rule and you disagree with it. They will cooperate. For the other seating areas like pool, shows and such palm a few bucks or just sneak the person in.

I was on the Jewel in October and I am Diamond - Every night there was someone at the door to check cards at the Diamond Nightly Event, both my husband and I had to show ours every night

The same was true at the Hollywood Odyssey which was used as the overflow or satellite Concierge lounge for Diamond Plus and suite guests. The rooms were very crowded because of the large number of Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests onboard. If your male companion is in the same stateroom, the concierge may, and I emphasize the word "may", make an exception but if there are a lot of Diamond Plus guests onboard, it may make things more crowded than the room can handle and may put the concierge in an awkward position. For the amount of time involved, perhaps you could find an alternative site for your pre-dinner beverages.

Just came back from the Jewel, my boyfriend is a non Diamond and we both just walked into the room and the bartender let him have a drink, but let him know next time he wouldn't be able to. There were only five people in the room though, not very lively so I didnt even bother coming back the rest of the nights anyway.

Buried in these threads " check archives using search engine" is a couple of creative ways to get around this rule. They claim it works every time no problem. If you don't want to research just palm the concierge a really good tip $100.00, and tell him/her it is only a rule and you disagree with it. They will cooperate. For the other seating areas like pool, shows and such palm a few bucks or just sneak the person in.

You've got to be kidding!

$100 is alot of money just to be able to go in there for morning coffee which is what I mentioned in my above post. And sneaking the person in will not work when the concierge has a list and checks it to be sure your name is on it when you walk in.

Almost everyone so far has spoken truth.

The fact is, your odds are about 50/50. Some concierges will let you bring him in; some won't. All you can do is wait until you board and find out which kind of concierge is there.

On every RC cruise we have been on this is it. The concierge is the one that makes the decision no matter what RC says.Different strokes for different folks.

Is diamond allowed in the lounge? I will be on Jewel twice next spring. Once in a JS and once not even that... got the last JS on one of the cruises.

Diamond Members, unfortunately, are not allowed in the CL. They have their nightly Diamond Event between 5-8:30 at a designated venue.

I am D+ and travel once a year with my bff. RCCL has become more strict about her coming in the Concierge Lounge or the Nightly Diamond Event. We were on the Freedom a few months ago and just didn't bother with either.

However, I always ask to find out what the ship's management policy is, and if there's an overflow lounge, she is allowed to come in and buy her own wine for a 25% discount. Only one Concierge in 5 years has allowed her in the CL.

Recent experience on Mariner. Concierge lounge was closed in the evenings and Viking Crown lounge was used instead due to the number of qualified cruisers. It was closed to all other passengers. All persons entering had to show their sea pass cards. We were allowed to take drinks from the lounge. I know this is off-topic (not Jewel of the seas) but thought some might be interested.

Recent experience on Mariner. Concierge lounge was closed in the evenings and Viking Crown lounge was used instead due to the number of qualified cruisers. It was closed to all other passengers. All persons entering had to show their sea pass cards. We were allowed to take drinks from the lounge. I know this is off-topic (not Jewel of the seas) but thought some might be interested.

Hope this is not a sign of the future. The Viking Crown Lounge is very nice but the elevator service is rather poor. You would think that the Concierge lounge would have to remain open for the suite guests since it is presented as one of the suite perks.

Some concierges will allow it and some won't. As for leaving with your drink ... some will allow that, and others won't.

Which is the issue. RCI needs to make it one way or the other across the fleet. This is why there are so many issues. Someone is allowed to do it on one sailing and then is not on the next.

I was on Jewel in Jan. My sister was with me and she was not D+ and they allowed her with me every night of our 11 day cruise. even let her come on the bridge tour. I was on Monarch with you and David last Dec 3rd. We were your neighbors. and went to the Daiquiri shack with you guys. Pat and Jim. we leave on Navigator on the 10th.

Archived