Visits to the naughty room

MAJ

I have been called there on my last 3 cruises 2 because of my iron & 1 because of my scissors

I will have my travel kettle on my next cruise out of New Orleans April 14th do you think I will be called again

:confused:

We will be in the USA for 3 weeks before our cruise now we love all things America but not their tea so have decided this time to bring our own

It's hard without an iron when you are in different hotels for 3 weeks prior to the cruise and I don't really want to spend my night in New Orleans ironing

If you bring your iron, you are likely to have it confiscated again. Some suites provide a coffee/tea maker...what ship will you be on?

You can have your things pressed by the ship's laundry, if you wish. Or, just bite the bullet and iron in the hotel...doesn't take THAT long!

I have been called there on my last 3 cruises 2 because of my iron & 1 because of my scissors

I will have my travel kettle on my next cruise out of New Orleans April 14th do you think I will be called again

We will be in the USA for 3 weeks before our cruise now we love all things America but not their tea so have decided this time to bring our own

It's hard without an iron when you are in different hotels for 3 weeks prior to the cruise and I don't really want to spend my night in New Orleans ironing

I sure hope they find and confiscate it. I don't understand why you would continue to try to bring something on board that is banned because it poses a fire hazard which could endanger others on board.

I am sure you look much better wrinkled than charred ;)

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Just off the Allure. RCI policy is NO travel irons/steamers...and appliances with heating coils. I did not know that until now. Our duffel bag had a case of water and a travel iron. Thought the water was the hold up... Not the case! (LOL) The iron was held until the end of the cruise. In fact, there was a couple that was having a discussion about needing some appliance they brought to make baby food (don't know the whole story - could have been a chopper or puree thing). Anyways without a written medical requirement - it was a no go also.

So your idea of taking a tea making applicance will also not "fly". I did not like the ship's ice tea. I ended up taking a bottle of water and putting a tea bag (which I had brought with me)...in the water and setting the bottle on my balcony. I made my own "sun tea". May I suggest you bring a metal pitcher - like a creamer pitcher - for one or two cups of water. You can bring your own tea and use the ship's hot water to steep your own tea. Perhaps that will get you close to something you would prefer.

Bottom line - no irons, no steamers, no pot heaters.

as reasonable as it is to have clothing pressed on board, there is no way I would bother with trying to smuggle an iron on board. RCI presses my dress shirts and pants cheaper than the local cleaners will!

Just off the Allure. RCI policy is NO travel irons/steamers...and appliances with heating coils. I did not know that until now. Our duffel bag had a case of water and a travel iron. Thought the water was the hold up... Not the case! (LOL) The iron was held until the end of the cruise. In fact, there was a couple that was having a discussion about needing some appliance they brought to make baby food (don't know the whole story - could have been a chopper or puree thing). Anyways without a written medical requirement - it was a no go also.

So your idea of taking a tea making applicance will also not "fly". I did not like the ship's ice tea. I ended up taking a bottle of water and putting a tea bag (which I had brought with me)...in the water and setting the bottle on my balcony. I made my own "sun tea". May I suggest you bring a metal pitcher - like a creamer pitcher - for one or two cups of water. You can bring your own tea and use the ship's hot water to steep your own tea. Perhaps that will get you close to something you would prefer.

Bottom line - no irons, no steamers, no pot heaters.

Going on my first RCI cruise, are you allowed to bring water and wine like some cruiselines offer ? thanks

I was called down due to large shampoo and conditioner bottles, that were actually shampoo and conditioner.. Nothing surprises me anymore..

The Naughty room........or whatever you want to call it....is located either on deck 2 or 1, depending on the ship.

As baggage passes thru the ships scanner, if there is something that they feel is not right......they will tag the bag to a hold area.

Then you are called down, to collect your bag. You will be asked to open it, and will be told why they are asking........alcohol, steamers, knives , balcony BBQ's!:D

Most have liquor............that has been spotted by the X-ray machine.

Some have irons, and steamer irons.......but they are not allowed on RCCL ships.

So, you give up what is not allowed, and then take your bag to your cabin.

It's not a great process........just a hastle!

Rick

as reasonable as it is to have clothing pressed on board, there is no way I would bother with trying to smuggle an iron on board. RCI presses my dress shirts and pants cheaper than the local cleaners will!

It is not that I am trying to smuggle anything onboard

We always add 2-3 weeks land tour on before our cruise and in the UK and Europe they don't always have a kettle or irons in the bedrooms

So either they are in my suitcase or I would just have to leave them behind each time

I sailed on the Jewel in November and brought a steamer. It was not confiscated, and worked like a charm. I ironed clothes before I packed, and the wrinkles that came from packing came right out with the steamer.

My daughter's suitcase got held up in the naughty room due to a bottle of water...guess they thought it could of been something else :eek: We were able to just retrieve the suitcase and water, but there were plenty of folks watching on in horror as security combed through their luggage.

I sure hope they find and confiscate it. I don't understand why you would continue to try to bring something on board that is banned because it poses a fire hazard which could endanger others on board.

Happy Sails to You

GET A GRIP! When was the last time a cruise ship burst into flames because of an iron? Maybe they should confiscate cigarettes too because someone may sneak and have one in their cabin and leave it burning, or maybe an ash will blow off a balcony onto a towel drying on a deck below Hee hee hee...

Taking away the guest laundry is just another ploy for them to make money. ON our last NCL cruise. our room steward delivered an iron an ironing board to our room upon request! And Carnival has free self assist guest laundry areas.

Who made you the laundry police anyway?

I was called down due to large shampoo and conditioner bottles, that were actually shampoo and conditioner.. Nothing surprises me anymore..

Me too!! All these people around us were looking at me like "surrrrreee!!!" I said they could open them up and lather up if they wanted to! :D

GET A GRIP! When was the last time a cruise ship burst into flames because of an iron? Maybe they should confiscate cigarettes too because someone may sneak and have one in their cabin and leave it burning, or maybe an ash will blow off a balcony onto a towel drying on a deck below Hee hee hee...

Taking away the guest laundry is just another ploy for them to make money. ON our last NCL cruise. our room steward delivered an iron an ironing board to our room upon request! And Carnival has free self assist guest laundry areas.

Who made you the laundry police anyway?

RCI and most other cruise lines with any sense did. As a poster above said you look better wrinkled than charred.Good idea you have about the cigarettes and yes a burning one was on our balcony on the last cruise tossed from somewhere above. :eek:

It is not that I am trying to smuggle anything onboard

We always add 2-3 weeks land tour on before our cruise and in the UK and Europe they don't always have a kettle or irons in the bedrooms

So either they are in my suitcase or I would just have to leave them behind each time

Since you know they are prohibited and you are not trying to smuggle them, my suggestion would be to put them in your carry-on and just turn them over when you board. They will give you a claim tag for them and you can pick them up at the end of the cruise. This will save you having a piece of luggage confiscated forcing you to take a trip to the naughty room.

Happy Sails to You

Yes, we have had seventeen houses burn down because of iron related fires.

THE REASON RCI DOESN'T ALLOW THEM IS BECAUSE THEY CAN MAKE MORE MONEY

I had to shout, hope you understand now. :rolleyes:

Fire is the greatest danger on a cruise ship. That is why they confiscate irons. If you think its because they can make money on laundry, then its for the best that your iron is confiscated.

Archived