What age were you when you started cruising?

cruzlovr75

Our first cruise was 11 yrs ago..a family cruise with my in-laws. We had every excuse in the book on why not to go..the cost..i might get sick (and i did!!), we won't like it etc.

We have 20 cruises under our belt, with our first b2b coming up in jan.2013. I think we liked our first cruise way to much!!!

I was 45 and my husband, 49. My parents actually took our daughters on their first cruise at 10 and 14, (3 day, majesty of the seas) and they came home hooked on cruising and couldn't wait to go on another. It's all they talked about! For some reason we always thought cruising was for retirees (like my parents), or too expensive. After doing some research, found that cruising was a better value than the condo we were renting for a week every summer in Florida; meals out, day trips to theme parks, etc. It all adds up.

I was about 7. My parents loved cruising and still do to this day. Had many family cruise vacations as a child, then went with friends in the college years and fortunately have turned hubby on to cruising too. We are still cruising and I want to start doing it more as we near retirement.

First cruise was in 1968 when I was 16 years old. Those were the days - ladies in mink stoles, evening gowns and long white gloves in the evening, tuxes or white dinner jackets on the men on all sea nights, depending on the location of the ship. The nights we were in port the men still had to have jacket and ties on to enter the dining room and the ladies wore cocktail dresses. Live orchestra playing during dinner. If you wanted filet mignon or lobster every night you could have it. Cocktails were

35 cents each and as long as parents approved there was no drinking age. And the price for this - $600.00 per person for the first 2 in the cabin and $100.00 for the 3rd person for a 14 night cruise out of NYC to the Caribbean and this was the Christmas cruise - other dates much cheaper! We did the same cruise on the sister ship in 1969 and the 3rd person went for FREE and no increase in price on the first two passengers.

Hi! I noticed CC members who have a lot of cruises posted on there profile. I was just curious to see what age range people were when they started cruising? How many years have you been cruising? :)

I didn't get on my first cruise until I was 28.

Didn't sail again until I was 39...I have racked up the rest of those cruise between age 39 and 49 and intend to continue racking them up.

I was 45 and my husband, 49. My parents actually took our daughters on their first cruise at 10 and 14, (3 day, majesty of the seas) and they came home hooked on cruising and couldn't wait to go on another. It's all they talked about! For some reason we always thought cruising was for retirees (like my parents), or too expensive. After doing some research, found that cruising was a better value than the condo we were renting for a week every summer in Florida; meals out, day trips to theme parks, etc. It all adds up.

Our 2 boys want to go on another too! They loved the first one so much its all they talk about! I have been researching our family vacation for next year. I was looking at Florida as well, and you are right when it all basically adds up the same cost as a cruise. I should ask the kids what they want, cruise or disney!?

First cruise was in 1968 when I was 16 years old. Those were the days - ladies in mink stoles, evening gowns and long white gloves in the evening, tuxes or white dinner jackets on the men on all sea nights, depending on the location of the ship. The nights we were in port the men still had to have jacket and ties on to enter the dining room and the ladies wore cocktail dresses. Live orchestra playing during dinner. If you wanted filet mignon or lobster every night you could have it. Cocktails were

35 cents each and as long as parents approved there was no drinking age. And the price for this - $600.00 per person for the first 2 in the cabin and $100.00 for the 3rd person for a 14 night cruise out of NYC to the Caribbean and this was the Christmas cruise - other dates much cheaper! We did the same cruise on the sister ship in 1969 and the 3rd person went for FREE and no increase in price on the first two passengers.

$600pp in 1969 money. What is that in today's money, like 5k?;)

I was 30. I absolutely fell in love with it. I've been cruising every since with whomever I can get to go with me. I've turned my BFFs into cruisers as well as my BF and family.

I just looked at my sig and realized, every cruise I've cruised with a different person/group. LOL!

Our 2 boys want to go on another too! They loved the first one so much its all they talk about! I have been researching our family vacation for next year. I was looking at Florida as well, and you are right when it all basically adds up the same cost as a cruise. I should ask the kids what they want, cruise or disney!?

This KID want's both, pleeeeze!:p:o

I actually had to sit down and count on my fingers how old I was :o

My sons were 3 1/2 so that would make me 31!:)

I had to get the calculator out to figure out how old I am....aren't I too young to have my mind go already??

First cruise was at 9 and I had the time of my life. I didn't take another cruise until 30 years later even though my parents bugged me to. I'm NOT a people person and a homebody so I didn't think cruising was for me.

Now I'd like to cruise every year:)

My first cruise was when I was a small child. We made an Atlantic crossing from La Havre to New York aboard the SS United States. The old gal is rusting away at pier 82 in Philadelphia now. It breaks my heart to see here there rusting away. :(

Archived