CCL Shareholder credit past 7/31/2012 ?

We have owned CCL stock for years - and always submitted the form - and received appropriate credit with no problem.

BUT

Something new this time - we are sailing on August 11, 2012.

The current (as far as I can find out, anyway) CCL Credit info states "applicable for cruises thru July 31, 2012." (or something like that) - at any rate - it expires prior to when we are sailing.

Has anyone seen the new credit/form information effective 8-1-2012 ?

I ASSUME (there is that word) that the credit will be once again extended - anyone have any word on that ?

THANKS !!

We have owned CCL stock for years - and always submitted the form - and received appropriate credit with no problem.

BUT

Something new this time - we are sailing on August 11' date=' 2012.[/size']

The current (as far as I can find out, anyway) CCL Credit info states "applicable for cruises thru July 31, 2012." (or something like that) - at any rate - it expires prior to when we are sailing.

I ASSUME (there is that word) that the credit will be once again extended - anyone have any word on that ?

THANKS !!

I have seen no comments that Princess has issued a new form to use when applying for the shareholder benefit. You might use the old form and amend it yourself by crossing out that expiry ... just be sure you include all the requested info in an accurate manner. As long as you provide all the required info, it may not even be necessary to use that form at all.

The last time we applied for shareholder credit, I just sent proof of ownership to the address listed with our cruise #, cruise date, etc. and was awarded the credit. Since a form was mentioned that we may need, does anyone know where to get this form? Thanks.

do you still get credit if you buy a discounted cruise
Yup. I get only discounts (never book directly) and get the stockholder's credit. The rate you pay for your cruise has nothing to do with it since Princess allows TAs to discount.

I have owned CCL stock for several years, and I recently applied for the shareholder benefit for 4 upcoming cruises, and received an email saying I had to wait until after final payment and less than 90 days out from each of the sail dates to apply.

This is a change from last year when I was able to apply more than 6 months before the sail dates and got multiple cruises (3) approved at one time.

I have owned CCL stock for several years, and I recently applied for the shareholder benefit for 4 upcoming cruises, and received an email saying I had to wait until after final payment and less than 90 days out from each of the sail dates to apply.

This is a change from last year when I was able to apply more than 6 months before the sail dates and got multiple cruises (3) approved at one time.

I think this was done to reduce the workload and confusion because of the number of people who cancel before the final payment is due. Smart move on the part of the cruise line.

BUT

Something new this time - we are sailing on August 11' date=' 2012.

THANKS !![/quote']First, I have never used a form, but have supplied the information they request via email or fax with a simple cover letter summarizing the information.

Each year there has been a limit date to the benefit. So far the Shareholder Benefit has been approved again with each annual meeting, and you should have ample time between that reapproval and your sailing date, especially with the new requirements for final payment and less than 90 days before the cruise.

We can all hope and pray that CCL Corporation will maintain those benefits in this economy, and we can all keep cruising !

We can all hope and pray that CCL Corporation will maintain those benefits in this economy, and we can all keep cruising !

If they don't, a fair amount of CCL stock will be dumped in a very short time after the announcement.

If they don't, a fair amount of CCL stock will be dumped in a very short time after the announcement.

I do not see them dropping this benefit. But if they did, I doubt the cruisers own enough stock to affect the price if they all dump it.

Attached is the file my TA sent me when I had her checking to see if Princess had applied my credit yet (they hadn't :P, so waiting on hearing from a second submission). It's the updated one with next year's date.

Oddly, she told me that Princess told her that they wanted submissions within 30 days of sailing, which really makes no sense, since you also have to do it at least 14 days in advance.

Carnival Shareholder Benefit Request Form PC.pdf

I do not see them dropping this benefit. But if they did, I doubt the cruisers own enough stock to affect the price if they all dump it.

From a former corporate person, I have been told that this one of their most successful loyalty programs.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed my request for our August cruise a week and a half ago. My TA made a note to check next week to make sure my OBC is showing up. This will be the third time we've requested the credit. Princess seems a lot slower in handling it than Carnival. When we took a Carnival cruise this spring, an email confirmation about the OBC came in a couple of days.

14 years and counting. That's how long I've owned my CCL stock and just think of how much OBC I have gotten. :D

And think of how all the $$$ you have spent to book cruises has affected the stock price.

Archived